What do you make of modern video games? Are they costly and a waste of time? Are they too violent? Should we be horrified of them?

I don't play them because I'm someone that grew up with Super Nintendo and never really got into anything else as an adult.
I like some Game Cube games and some wii games but Never at all got into Xbox and Play Station games which I know is what the majority of games are on now.
I don't really care what other people play or how violent they are.
Video games don't kill people. People kill people.

Sorry I had to laugh when I saw the topic heading and then saw Animal Crossings. Until I read the whole post I was trying to figure out why anyone would think that was a violent game. Lol. We loved the original. We played that one for a long time.

Violent video games have been around for years. True the technology have gotten better so now they are more lifelike. I agree with the above that video games do not kill just like violent movies and TV shows don’t. My family are Nintendo fans. We have the Switch now. I don’t play very often but DH and my kids tend to favour games like Zelda and The Mario games more than more violent ones.

Sorry I had to laugh when I saw the topic heading and then saw Animal Crossings. Until I read the whole post I was trying to figure out why anyone would think that was a violent game. Lol. We loved the original. We played that one for a long time.

Violent video games have been around for years. True the technology have gotten better so now they are more lifelike. I agree with the above that video games do not kill just like violent movies and TV shows don’t. My family are Nintendo fans. We have the Switch now. I don’t play very often but DH and my kids tend to favour games like Zelda and The Mario games more than more violent ones.

I bet parents are going to drive their parents crazy when this comes out.

It will be eight player multiplayer. New Leaf had just four player multiplayer.

What do you think of Animal Crossing evolving into a more social experience? How do you make it a social experience without sacrificing the quality of the single player experience?

My younger stepdaughter is a big fan of Animal Crossing. I have never tried playing it myself. She and friends still play the Wii. They play some Mario game, and Just Dance games. I do not join in as I am sure they would make fun of me :rotfl2:

I don't think Jedi: Lost Order is bloody enough, honestly. Not one severed limb in the game footage. :(

Just told my oldest I was using my birthday money to buy myself a Nintendo DS. He almost cried with happiness. :rotfl2:

Animal Crossing is on my wishlist! lol I'm also looking forward to Fallen Order too though. I don't usually play "violent" video games but I'm not against them. I play video games to relax and disconnect from others so I don't like multiplayer games either. I like games like Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley and I like games with an interesting storyline too. I become invested in the characters that way. It's more like playing through a movie rather than just pointing and shooting.

One of of my favorite games series is Hitman. I've played 6 out of the 7 games. The obvious goal is to take out your target with bonus points if it'd done through stealth and not leaving any evidence behind.

Animal Crossing is on my wishlist! lol I'm also looking forward to Fallen Order too though. I don't usually play "violent" video games but I'm not against them. I play video games to relax and disconnect from others so I don't like multiplayer games either. I like games like Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley and I like games with an interesting storyline too. I become invested in the characters that way. It's more like playing through a movie rather than just pointing and shooting.
The boys will be getting a Switch for Christmas. DH and I are plotting the games WE want to play once they are in bed! :lmao:

The boys will be getting a Switch for Christmas. DH and I are plotting the games WE want to play once they are in bed! :lmao:

Would you play something as weird looking as this?

Your thoughts on the Animal Crossing New Horizons? I am looking forward to my Summer 2020 virtual island vacation adventure!

Didn't you know Chrissy Teigen is a huge fan of Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter