What do you love about Kidani?

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
We may end up at Kidani this year. What do you love about it?

Typically we stay at OKW. We have stayed at Jambo and really like that. I'm wondering if Kidani will feel too quiet for us. Also wondering about the lack of the quick service restaurant.

So Kidani fans, help me understand all its great points!

The pool itself might be smaller than Jambo but the slide is much better and you can get food at the pool. If you have younger children they will definitely like the splash area better. You also get the extra bathroom in a 1 or 2BR

Two full bathrooms in the one bedroom! And I really like the pool. It's nicely themed and the pool bar is great.

The extra bathroom in the 1 and 2 bedroom units is awesome. We loved the Sanaa breakfast option. The Kidani pool is really nice, with the better slide of the two, also you can use the Jambo pool and fitness facilities which is a fantastic option. Of the two, I think the animal viewing is slightly better at Kidani (not that it is bad at Jambo house), there are quite a few sitting areas that are fantastic to relax and watch the animals around the resort. I also love the option of having drinks or bread service at the Sanaa bar in the evenings.

I thought I would pine for Jambo at Kidani - I like the opulent Jambo lobby etc. But I was wrong. This was our first stay as owners although we were not on our own points. And yet I really enjoyed the cozyness of Kidani and the "at home" feeling we got watching "rented" DVD's in the villa with our DGD while her parents were out, and enjoying the veranda with her. So my perceptions may be emotional drivel :rolleyes: but I was surprised by how much I liked it. We also had a second floor, 2BR savanna view in the second building from the lobby - very convenient to transportation and the pool- so that may affect my partiality. And I like Sanaa lounge. We have visited many on property and it has a cozyness (there's that word again) that I think is a rare commodity on property. We look forward to going back. AKV's are definitely among our favorites (either building) and we have stayed everywhere except BCV's and the WL resorts.

Having just returned from a stay at Kidani I learned a few things. When they mention food services at the Maji Pool Bar, it is only cold premade sandwiches or hotdogs on a roller. We went to Uzima Springs pool one day and really enjoyed having The Mara right there to order lunch. Kidani definitely feels more remote and quiet. As others mentioned having Sanaa breakfast option is a plus. The menu is smaller than Mara, but was fine enough for us.

The two pools are different. Kidani has a better slide, but none really compare to say Volcano slide at Poly. US is much larger (4 times I think) and was more crowded. SS pool is much like whole Kidani resort in that it feels more intimate. SS does have a nice Splash area for young kids and US has a big playground nearby. Both did have the pool games if your kids are into that (a must for our DD!!)

And having read about being the first bus stop before, I thought that doesn't seem like much of a plus. But in reality it is pretty nice to get a seat on the way to parks and dropped off first on way home (particularly after midnight MK closing). Overall we liked Jambo better, but having an extra bathroom with 1-bed and 2-bed probably tips scale back to Kidani.

We have stayed at both, we give the edge to Kidani. Personally, I’m not a fan of the sun. Of all the DVC resorts I’ve stayed at, Kidani offers the most shaded and sunny areas by the pool. Quick walk to Jambo. First on the bus. Love the second bathroom, wish they had that at our home resort (BWV).

Kidani has a great Community room! Great animal viewing on the balcony while children enjoy Arts and Crafts or games.

The pool, is one of my favorites of any of the DVC resorts. I also like that you can walk back and forth, or take the bus to Jambo. Old Key West is a wonderful resort, but Animal Kingdom is a different and unique experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!