What do you do to celebrate New Years Day?

poisoned apple

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>can anybody hear m
when i was little, we would watch the giant ball thing drop and then we would run outside and bang pots and pans together...
funny huh?...

i think my bro wants to do that but this year i wanna do the pots and pans thing again...

Every year I am normaly invited to a friend's new years party.... but if not I normally watch the ball and scream at the top of my lungs!

When I was little, I did the pots-and-pans thing too.

And now that I'm older, I'm normally invited over to one of my firends houses. This year I'm going to my best friend Chris's house. and of course we'll watch the ball drop in NYC.

Sometime before I die I want to go to NYC and see that live. :)

The past 2 years I went over my bf's house for a party...
We broke up and now I have no plans... :guilty:

In 2000 (I was 12) I dressed up my American Girl Doll and make a "2000" headband for her outta tinfoil and put out chips and dips for when my parents got home from a party :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My family ususally doesn't do anything...they always fall asleep before 12:00! :rotfl: (so I just watch the ball drop on TV in New York)

New Years Eve & day--Twilight Zone Marathon. SciFi channel. Need I say more?

MyHappyEnding_ said:
I'm usually asleep by 10. Lol

I doubt I will be this time though. Because now I have a boyfriend =D

AW! So cute! Kissing at midnight is the BEST!

For the past two years I go out to clubs with my friends. This year we are heading to Pleasure Island. We got the Club Hopper, so we can hit all the clubs.

I'm not sure why.. but my family and my Grandpa and My Grandpa's Girlfriend goes out and see a movie for some odd reason

U Just Got PUNKD said:
I'm not sure why.. but my family and my Grandpa and My Grandpa's Girlfriend goes out and see a movie for some odd reason

We've done that a few times too. It's always so PACKED.

well...for the past three years, my brother and i get all dressed up, he in his hakama and haori (male kimono) and me in my kimono and have a bonenkai party. we make a huge japanese dinner: onigiri, soba, sushi, teriyaki etc... we tie pieces of paper to our tree outside with wishes and prayers written on them. then we exchange small presents (like...good luck symbols, healing teas, blahblah..) and when its midnight we ring bells :goodvibes

On New Years Eve we usually go and see my Auntie,
Every year she has a disco party at her house and we stay up all night
but this year she isn't doing one so my granny is coming to see us
and we are going to a restaurant then come back home to open our christmas presents from eachother!!! :teeth: :banana: :wave2:

my brother bought this party popper at the Dollar Tree and it's like a 6 shooter, so it has six party poppers in it and we wanna shoot them all off on New Years Eve...
Last year we went to a friend of my Dad's house for a party and their son had some disease and this foundation gave him a hot tub and like everybody was in it and we played games and this one kid brought a snake my Dad's friend is like deathly afraid of snakes and it was just a really fun party...

DollfieDreams said:
well...for the past three years, my brother and i get all dressed up, he in his hakama and haori (male kimono) and me in my kimono and have a bonenkai party. we make a huge japanese dinner: onigiri, soba, sushi, teriyaki etc... we tie pieces of paper to our tree outside with wishes and prayers written on them. then we exchange small presents (like...good luck symbols, healing teas, blahblah..) and when its midnight we ring bells :goodvibes

So yes, you were def born in the wrong century and the wrong culture. LOL.

Obviously you are going to go see the Geisha movie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter