What do you cover the stroller with in rain?

pepperderr

DIS Veteran
I don't have a rain cover for my stroller. It is a single full size stroller. What do you use to cover it in the rain? That is the good thing about Disney strollers I guess. They can just be wiped dry. Mine has a cloth seat. I am not about to rent one from Disney.

Last time I brought a bunch of cheapo poncho's I bought at Target. I threw that over the stroller when we parked. My dd wouldn't let me keep it on when she was in it so my stroller did get wet. I have a rain cover but of course couldn't find it before I left.

Someone here posted that, when they're on an attraction, they use dollar store plastic tablecloths fastened with clothespins.

Of course, that might be a problem if the child were actually IN the stroller.

We would always bring along 2 cheap ponchos just for that purpose... that way both the main carriage part is covered, and then there is a separate covering for the back storage compartment...then if you only need into one part, the entire thing doesn't get raised up or have to come off.

I read about and then bought a neat sheet. Got it at Toys R Us for about $10. It's some kind of water repellant material that has weighted corners so it won't blow around. We only used it 1 day to cover the stroller, but it served it's purpose. We also used it to sit on the ground for shows (like the one in front of the castle) and would be a great thing to sit on at the FW Campground movie or even at one of the waterparks.

I like the 2 ponchos idea. I also like the neat sheet idea. I saw them a lot last year and never did buy. I will have to see if I can find one now. I didn't know they were water repellent or weighted. Was it soaked afterwards or is it something you can dry off quickly? Like would I need a bag to put the wet sheet in afterwards? I am not sure I would have thought about using something to hold it in place either until I read that here. Thanks!

I've seen people mention using a dollar store shower curtain and clothes pins to keep it fastened on. :thumbsup2

Clear shower curtain liner-can be thrown over the stroller while parked or if it starts raining when you have kids inside. They can still see out, yet stay dry!

I have a rain cover for my stroller. I can't remember the exact cost but around $12-$15 I think. I like to walk in the cooler weather and I use it then even if it isn't raining/snowing because it also helps to keep the wind off DD. So I have definitly gotten my moneys worth out of it.

I have used ponchos, but my dd likes to be able to see out and the real cover works so much better. I got mine at babies r us.

I bought a raincover. It was less than 10 bucks at Toys R Us a few years ago. Works great. Last day of last trip, I had already repacked the raincover, and it poured. We used a poncho, but it wasnt near as nice as the raincover. We will be bringing two store bought raincovers this time around. HTH!

We used a stroller rain cover I got at Toys R Us (It was <$10). It worked great - the stroller stayed completely dry and my 20-month old was fascinated looking out of her little fish bowl. It was kind of bulky to keep under our stroller but I was really glad we had it as we got caught in a couple of fierce downpours.

Why not just get a stroller cover? Amazon has a bunch for like $7 and up. We got a lot of use out of ours. And I felt bad for the people who came out of attractions with soaked strollers.

I like the 2 ponchos idea. I also like the neat sheet idea. I saw them a lot last year and never did buy. I will have to see if I can find one now. I didn't know they were water repellent or weighted. Was it soaked afterwards or is it something you can dry off quickly? Like would I need a bag to put the wet sheet in afterwards? I am not sure I would have thought about using something to hold it in place either until I read that here. Thanks!

It didn't really rain hard enough to get soaked, but it dried quickly and didn't stink? I still have it and plan to take it with me in October. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a Walmart or Target bag to throw it in if you get a downpour.

I always take the stroller rain cover that comes with the stroller. I believe you can buy them seperately. At least you know that if it does rain the stroller will be totally covered and dry. I can't believe that people park their strollers in the open without covering them. It must be awful to sit on a wet stroller seat.

I used a cheap poncho, my sis had a beautiful rain cover. Both worked fine. But I was really jealous of hers. Her DD looked so much more comfy than mine. LOL

PonchoParade.jpg
Hope she won't be mad I'm putting her pic on here. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter