What do you cook in your Pampered Chef Covered Baker?

My sister's princess

<font color=green>These boards have grimmer police
I have the recipe book, and several of those dishes are favorites, but for such a beautiful (and expensive!!) dish I would like to get more use out of it...

What is your favorite thing to make using yours?

In the microwave: Chicken with italian dressing is my go-to meal. I also make a chicken recipe I got from the PC consultant. Easy Mexican chicken - cook chicken breasts with salsa, add chips and cheese at the end. Quick and easy.

In the oven: Makes a great roast

In the microwave: Chicken with italian dressing is my go-to meal. I also make a chicken recipe I got from the PC consultant. Easy Mexican chicken - cook chicken breasts with salsa, add chips and cheese at the end. Quick and easy.

In the oven: Makes a great roast

I'd love both of those recipes if you can. :goodvibes

I make a French Toast casserole and homemade granola. I mostly use it in the oven. I do have to use it more though. I think the last think I made was a whole chicken with veggies.

Loaded Baked Potato Chowder

Ingredients:
3** baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 lb/1.1 kg)
3 1/2** cups (875 mL) milk, divided
4** oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
2** tbsp (30 mL) butter
2-3** green onions with tops (1/4 cup/50 mL sliced)
4** oz (125 g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2** tsp (7 mL) salt
1/2** tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
** Optional toppings such as chopped cooked bacon, sour cream or steamed broccoli florets
Directions:
Slice potatoes in half lengthwise with Santoku Knife; place in Deep Covered Baker. Pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the milk over potatoes. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 11 minutes. Remove baker from microwave. Move center potatoes to ends of baker and outer potatoes to center. Cover; microwave on HIGH 8-11 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Remove baker from microwave. Coarsely mash potatoes with Mix ‘N Chop.
Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese until smooth in Classic Batter Bowl. Slowly add remaining 3 cups (750 mL) milk, whisking until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture and butter to baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until mixture is hot. Slice green onions with Chef's Knife.
Carefully remove baker from microwave. Grate cheddar cheese over chowder using Rotary Grater; add green onions, salt and black pepper and mix using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®; until cheese is melted. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings (8 cups/2 L)

Nutrients per serving: (about 1 1/3 cups/325 mL): Calories 390, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 14 g, Sodium 880 mg, Fiber 3 g

Cook's Tips: For a lighter version, omit butter. Substitute fat-free (skim) milk, reduced-fat (Neufchâtel) cheese and light cheddar for the 2% milk and full-fat cheeses.

U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 890 mg, Fiber 3 g

Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles

Ingredients:
1 1/2** lb (750 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1** tbsp (15 mL) Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 3/4** cups (425 mL) salsa verde
1** cup (250 mL) 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth
3/4** cup (175 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
12** cups (3 L) authentic restaurant-style tortilla chips (see Cook's Tips)
2** cups (500 mL) shredded Chihuahua cheese
1** cup (250 mL) crumbled queso fresco (4 oz/125 g)
** Sour cream or crema (optional)
Directions:
Cut chicken into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces with Utility Knife. Combine chicken and seasoning mix in Deep Covered Baker; mix well. Spread chicken evenly over bottom of baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes; stir to separate chicken. Microwave, covered, an additional 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain using small Colander.
Combine salsa and broth in (4-cup/1-L) Easy Read Measuring Cup. Chop cilantro using Santoku Knife. Arrange half of the tortilla chips over bottom of same baker, breaking chips; top with half each of the chicken, salsa mixture and cheeses. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cilantro. Repeat layers one time ending with cheeses.
Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until cheeses are melted and most of the liquid is absorbed. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) cilantro. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 410, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Protein 30 g, Sodium 680 mg, Fiber 1 g

U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat (2 carb)

Cook's Tips: Queso fresco, also called queso blanco, is a salty, crumbly cheese that is common in Mexican dishes. Farmer’s cheese can be substituted for the queso fresco.

Mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese can be substituted for the Chihuahua cheese.

Authentic Mexican restaurant-style tortilla chips are thicker than other types of chips and keep their texture in this casserole.

Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can be substituted for chicken breasts, if desired.

Taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired.

I have the recipe book, and several of those dishes are favorites, but for such a beautiful (and expensive!!) dish I would like to get more use out of it...

What is your favorite thing to make using yours?

What is the this? I love everything I've ever gotten from PC.

My favorite - several pans and the clay pizza thingy..use it ALL THE TIME I have to leave it in the bottom oven.

This product has me curious? What is a covered baker? I may need one!

Ok fess up. I've had my covered baker for quite a while now (with MANY other Pampered Chef items) LOVE LOVE LOVE them. In the middle of a catalog party now. Love free stuff!!!!

I've only used it for cooking in the oven....chicken, roast, etc. I have been VERY weary of cooking anything in the microwave like the demo does. She "says" it comes out so moist, flavorful, delicious, blah...blah...blah. I'm thinking it's just a sales pitch for the product.

For those who do have the covered baker and have cooked chicken, pork, beef in it, in the microwave, please give me the truth. Does it really comes out good? The only thing is, is that my covered baker is too big for my microwave. LOL I have a tiny microwave (that is a bit old) so if dinner DOES really come out pretty good in it, then I'm thinking of getting a new, bigger microwave to try it out.

Ok fess up. I've had my covered baker for quite a while now (with MANY other Pampered Chef items) LOVE LOVE LOVE them. In the middle of a catalog party now. Love free stuff!!!!

I've only used it for cooking in the oven....chicken, roast, etc. I have been VERY weary of cooking anything in the microwave like the demo does. She "says" it comes out so moist, flavorful, delicious, blah...blah...blah. I'm thinking it's just a sales pitch for the product.

For those who do have the covered baker and have cooked chicken, pork, beef in it, in the microwave, please give me the truth. Does it really comes out good? The only thing is, is that my covered baker is too big for my microwave. LOL I have a tiny microwave (that is a bit old) so if dinner DOES really come out pretty good in it, then I'm thinking of getting a new, bigger microwave to try it out.

I use the baker in my microwave and the chicken really does come out moist!

30 Minute Chicken in Pampered Chef Baker
Mix 1 tbl flour, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp thyme

Lightly spray baker with olive oil. Brush oil on roasting chicken. Coat chicken with seasoning mix. Put chicken, breast side up in baker.

Microwave, uncovered 25-30 mins until 165 internal temp and juices run clear.Cover and let rest 10 min.
Can also combine 1 c celery, 1 c carrots and 3 c red potatoes. Arrange around chicken before cooking.

I've also made this with chicken breasts instead of the roasting chicken.

Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Cut chicken into strips and combine with taco seasoning. Put in baker. Cover and microwave 8 minutes. Stir to separate chicken. Cover and microwave until chicken is cooked. Stir in 1 1/2 c salsa and 4 c broken tortilla chips into chicken. Sprinkle 1 c shredded cheese on top. Microwave uncovered 2 -3 min until cheese is melted.

What is the this? I love everything I've ever gotten from PC.

My favorite - several pans and the clay pizza thingy..use it ALL THE TIME I have to leave it in the bottom oven.

This product has me curious? What is a covered baker? I may need one!

It's a piece of stoneware that is glazed on the outside. Its deep and covered. LOL It goes in the oven and microwave!
Here's the link. http://www.pamperedchef.com/orderin...dId=13833&catId=9&parentCatId=9&outletSubCat=

The price is staggering but I got mine for half off, with extra tools during a special. It is incredible! I own about 12 pieces of stoneware and can't say enough good things.

I actually use mine more than I thought I would. Right now my favorite recipe is the jambalaya from the PC stoneware cookbook.

It's a piece of stoneware that is glazed on the outside. Its deep and covered. LOL It goes in the oven and microwave!
Here's the link. http://www.pamperedchef.com/orderin...dId=13833&catId=9&parentCatId=9&outletSubCat=

The price is staggering but I got mine for half off, with extra tools during a special. It is incredible! I own about 12 pieces of stoneware and can't say enough good things.

Oh I want this!!! :love: That Grill Pan Dinner set looks great too!

I'm collecting orders for a catalog party right now. My goal is to get an item half off and hopefully getting the whole pan set. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pan sets. I have the small fry pan and the 12" saute pan. Can't say enough about those pans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts