What do you all think of this?

I really like this:

Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.

Limited Time Magic? Gosh, I wonder if they offer something special for the first 500 callers. ;)

Limited Time Magic? Gosh, I wonder if they offer something special for the first 500 callers. ;)

:rotfl2:

Or like one of the PPs on the WDW Community Board said, it is like the Magic is going on sale so we have a limited time :sad2:. I really do like the idea of some of these events and am hoping that we will be in DLR when one of them happens (i.e. the rare character event or the Golden Horseshoe Revue or even the Pirate event), but come on give it a better name! :goodvibes

I agree, some of the themes sound fun, but it would have been nice if the greedy marketing side of the promotion hadn't been so thinly veiled.

I think it's somewhat reminiscent of stores that have going out of business sales every couple of months, and I hate that kind of nonsense!

Of course it's not a new concept for Disney either. Pulling movies in and out of the "vault" is manipulative ala the rat experiments we used to run in psych lab. Except we're the rats and the Mouse is in charge. The behavioists would be so proud.

The marketing folks at Disney certainly seem to have embraced the Principle of Scarcity, see below:

"According to the Principle of Scarcity--people assign more value to opportunities when they are less available. The use of this principle for profit can be seen in such high-pressure sales techniques as only a "limited number" now available and a "deadline" set for an offer."

I'm glad I'm local and can pop in for whatever interests me without trying to plan an expensive vacation around any of the special themes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!