what do u get for a premium voucher at cafe mickey?

dixonsontour

DIS Veteran
Just obsessing over dining plans

I want to take DD 3 to auberge and cafe mickey.

Premium vouchers will cost me £49 a night in june for myself and DD. 2 nights = 2 vouchers plus need food on day 3

Obviously using a premium at auberge de cendrillon is a no brainer as the set meal costs far in excess of that (75 euro? for us both)

A cafe mickey the set meal is only 30 euro plus the cost of a soft drink(5 euro?) and DD meal 16 euro so the voucher covers that - i'm not seeing the promised 15% saving. Or is there a different set deal for half board premium. I know I can order off menu to the value of my voucher (whatever that is in June) but usually the best deal is if you have the set menu.

In the brochure I can book cafe mickey and pre pay the set meal for only £36 for us both plus the cost of my drink so £41 i.e alot cheaper than using a premium voucher.

If i do that then I have a spare premium voucher. Where do i use it?

Was thinking about buffalo bills but DD is only 3. Anyone taken a child that old how did they like it? Innovations looks lovely but i always find buffets less relaxing than served particularly as i'm on my own with DD. Second visit to auberge?!

Hope i'm not the only one to obsess thanks

I was thinking exactly the same, I've booked my DS birthday cake here but not sure if I will get my money's worth with the premium voucher? :confused3

to be honest i do think that the premium vouchers are very good value for cafe mickey. i think your best bet would be to find somewhere else to use the voucher and pre book cafe mickey. what about walts im right in thinking they do a premium set meal dont they?

I was thinking that because we will probably be having the cake for our dessert, thanks for the tip :thumbsup2

Dixonsontour - I haven't taken a child to Buffalo Bills however I'm not sure that a 3yr old would be able to sit through the 1 1/2 hour show...however now that it has Mickey and Friends (boo) in it there may be enough to keep her attention.

Have you looked into another of the premium resturants such as the Manhattan Restuarant, California Grill or the Yacht Club as alternatives for your second voucher and then buy the Cafe Mickey one seperatly before you leave for your last day? You may find that you get more value for money that way round.

buttercup - if you chose from the a-la-carte menu at Cafe Mickey I'm sure that they would take the vouchers off of the total cost of the meal which would include the cake...that might be the better way rather than having the set menu and paying for the cake on top.

We at at Cafe Mickeys with premium vouchers, we just ordered off the menu, not a set menu, and we used one adult voucher for both adult and child meal, we ate there a few times and each time I presented both child and adult premium voucher and they returned the child voucher. I think once when I put down both the child and adult voucher they returned the child voucher and I paid about 2 Euros in cash. So you can use the vouchers of their face value, so if you have an extra child voucher you can use it somewhere else to put towards a meal.

i wouldnt use premuim voutchers in cafe mickey, were going nxt wk , im getting a kiddie meal for my 2 to share and and a couple of pizzas and garlic bread for the 3 adults and we hav a birthday cake for dessert no of us a big eaters anyway id only ever hav a main cource if i went out to dinner. i didnt find the food there great d last time and if it werent for the characters i wouldnt go again.

I used my premium voucher in Cafe Mickey before and i found it covered my whole meal greatly, I ate from the set menu and had 2 drinks and DD had the childrens meal.

I shall be doing this again in September.

I have paid by phoning up to alter my booking and asking to book 'character dinners' and it cost me the following..

Auberge £44 / £16
Cafe Mickey £24 / £12

I dont know what I can get with this though! I will let everyone know when I get back! At least I know the majority of it is paid for so I wont mind if I have to pay for some extra drinks.

my son was 3 months off being 3 when we went to B. Bills and he LOVED it!!

Very interesting thread. We've been thinking about premium vouchers for our next trip (when we sort it!) and I'd like to eat at Inventions (good value with voucher), Auberge (not looking so great as you can prepay - I booked before our trip last time but didn't realise you could prepay saving a fortune on the day price - isn't it around 61 euro per adult now?), and Walts (again, voucher good value). We'd also do Cafe Mickey on our last day at lunch but I, like others here am not sure it's great value when you buy the premium vouchers.

It's odd the way Disney are pushing up the prices of the hb vouchers - they themselves must realise they are not such a good deal anymore in some restaurants? :confused3

I took my little lady to bbwws last year (aged 3) and she loved it. No problem at all sitting through it. We are going again this year with dd (4) and my ds (2). The food is average but its good fun. ::MinnieMo

Cubby x

I can answer my own question now i've come back!

The premium voucher was excellent value at Auberge cost £49 for me and DD - paid on the day would have been about £30 more! and prepaid in advance with Disney £10 more. Thought it was excellent meal and value.

Cafe mickey - I used the premium vouchers. Dd had the set childrens meal - I think it was 16e paid for with a £13 voucher. I ordered what i wanted up to the face value of 46e (£39 voucher). Had a non alcoholic cocktail, gb starter with cheese(shared with DD), pasta and choc fondue dessert and a coke. I gave the voucher in and waitress said it covered my meal in full.

Don't think i would use the voucher again at cafe mickey although i would definitely eat there again. Next time i'd probably share a pizza with DD or have set menu which looked ok (table opposite were having) which you can prepay for £24 for an adult and just pay for a drink.

My out of pocket meal was at rainforest-cost 40e for me and DD. Next time I think i'd do the oop meal at cafe mickey - would cost similar or less.

I'd use the premium for a dearer meal like buffalo bills or the buffet at DLH.

Overall the premium vouchers were well worth it and really enhanced the holiday.

Thanks for revisiting this with your experiences :thumbsup2

So, the premium vouchers are still cheaper for Auberge then? I had thought it was slightly cheaper to prepay? I'd also heard that the Premium voucher doesn't allow you any wine with your meal (just your one non alco drink as per your voucher terms). But, and I may be wrong here, if you prepay you get wine? Anyone know if this is correct? We went last year and prebooked but just paid on the day (didn't know any other at the time!) and we ended up with a bottle of wine but that was bet 4 of us.

I had wondered about Cafe Mickey and if it was really worthwhile using a Premium voucher but it does sound like you got fairly good value :thumbsup2

I agree that something like Inventions is the way to go with Premium as you can't prepay that one and to just pay when you get there is fairly steep compared to the vouchers I believe.

It really is a cost valuation exercise to see if they are worthwhile - for our next trip (when sorted!) I'm still toying with getting premium vouchers...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts