What do I need to know about making it to MK for the welcome show?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
My mom has begged that we finally do this (we are not rope droppers) and I'm determined to make this happen for her. Park open is 9am. What time will the show happen? How early do I need to leave CSR to get there? Should we use a Minnie van? Any other tips or things I need to know? TIA!

Park open is 9am. What time will the show happen?

8:55am when the park opens at 9:00am. Castle stage.

Since they open Main Street/the Hub to everyone around 8am, arriving at the MK and getting a spot in the Hub is usually a pretty painless experience. Far more people will be congregating at the various Hub spokes, fewer actually position themselves to watch the show.

It’s a very easy - and pleasant - experience, in my opinion.

Since with the 8am Main Street/Hub opening you have a pretty wide window in which to arrive , I don’t see any reason not to use a Disney bus. Minnie Vans are a nice splurge too if so inclined, just not critical to success in this set of circumstances, in my opinion.

Have fun.

Be standing at your resort bus stop by 8am and you're good to go. 15 more minutes of sleep on that morning won't do anything to make anyone feel better but an extra 15 minute buffer will make for a more pleasant morning getting into the park and positioned for the show. When you arrive at MK, grab a snack, grab some coffee, get positioned somewhere in the hub and enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter