What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

I am so computer stupid what did you do downsize the pictures of your family I figured CVS would take a picture the right size thanks for the help

i just took pictures with my phone. I didn’t change anything and just uploaded it during checkin and it went just fine. If your pictures aren’t accepted, the dcl staff will just take your picture at the terminal when you checkin.

I am so computer stupid what did you do downsize the pictures of your family I figured CVS would take a picture the right size thanks for the help
I just took the picture on my phone and uploaded it unedited... heck I forgot to take a picture of the 2yo before he went to bed so I uploaded a random picture of him I had from a recent walk. It was rejected but I was able to upload a better picture after that. As the pp said they can always take your picture at the terminal if need be

Don't stress about it. I also just took a selfie of myself and took a head shot of my husband with my phone for our recent cruises. I did not change size or anything. I just uploaded the pics into the DCL app. Pic should be from shoulders up, eyes visible, nothing on head, against a blank background, nothing else in pic besides you.

I think the app and website can be finicky when uploading. I have had pics upload really quickly and really slow. Just depends (I think) on how said app or website is feeling that day LOL. For instance. yesterday I helped a friend do her online check-in. She sails on Saturday so technically not many people should be checking in this late. She has two rooms with 3 people each in them. Some pics uploaded right away, some just spun. Once or twice we had to exit out of app and go back in. Just save everything along the way when it says "save".

MJ

Silly question but does the orientation of your driver's license photo matter? Does it need to fill the entire screen? I don't want to be rotating and cropping pictures at check in.

Silly question but does the orientation of your driver's license photo matter? Does it need to fill the entire screen? I don't want to be rotating and cropping pictures at check in.
Good question. I don’t know if it matters. All my pics had loaded correctly

Torture! I just finished checking in. I'm not new at pre or post pandemic methods. I had to re-enter our personal info at least 4 times because by the time I finish uploading dh's photo, the little circle just keeps spinning for like 10 mins and nothing is saved.
Just to get through it all, I said we're paying in cash and driving both ways.
I already entered all our flight info at least twice and then it freezes when trying to save. I had to upload our passport photos at least 4 times. Same with our selfies. I could scream. :furious:

Thanks for letting me vent. We got an 11:00 PAT

It reminds me of when your cc bank is performing maintenance in the wee hours of the night and you try to log in and view your account and everything is moving but so slowly. DCL should know better than to be doing website maintenance at midnight. Ever.

I'm going to return and enter my correct info so that it's accurate.
I hope all of you attempting this have a much better experience.:goodvibes:shamrock:

Torture! I just finished checking in. I'm not new at pre or post pandemic methods. I had to re-enter our personal info at least 4 times because by the time I finish uploading dh's photo, the little circle just keeps spinning for like 10 mins and nothing is saved.
Just to get through it all, I said we're paying in cash and driving both ways.
I already entered all our flight info at least twice and then it freezes when trying to save. I had to upload our passport photos at least 4 times. Same with our selfies. I could scream. :furious:

Thanks for letting me vent. We got an 11:00 PAT

It reminds me of when your cc bank is performing maintenance in the wee hours of the night and you try to log in and view your account and everything is moving but so slowly. DCL should know better than to be doing website maintenance at midnight. Ever.

I'm going to return and enter my correct info so that it's accurate.
I hope all of you attempting this have a much better experience.:goodvibes:shamrock:
It was torture! This was my 1st time doing online check in and I was ready. I had everything I needed and figured I would be done in 5 minutes. I didn't finish up until about 12:35 due to having to close out and reopen the check in because it kept getting stuck with the spinning circle.

I still ended up with PAT 11:00 which leads me to believe the ship will be pretty empty! Even this morning there are so many early PAT still available.

I was so tired and stressed out. It was not an enjoyable experience but 11:00 works for me!

It was torture! This was my 1st time doing online check in and I was ready. I had everything I needed and figured I would be done in 5 minutes. I didn't finish up until about 12:35 due to having to close out and reopen the check in because it kept getting stuck with the spinning circle.

I still ended up with PAT 11:00 which leads me to believe the ship will be pretty empty! Even this morning there are so many early PAT still available.

I was so tired and stressed out. It was not an enjoyable experience but 11:00 works for me!
I sure hope so!

The strange thing is I have used the same selfie pics 4 times now. Our passport picture was saved as a PDF file and used it like that 3 other times. This time, when I tried to upload it, it wasn't even showing up in the folder that I knew it was in so I had to re-scan them in as JPEG files. All the while, I'm thinking all this wasted time means I'll be stuck with a 2 pm PAT. Also, last time I uploaded passport pics, it automatically filled in the text boxes with passport ID #, DOB, expiration date, etc. I remember thinking, "wow, that is neat! I love technology." and not that it is so difficult to type it all in but just a tad disappointed knowing that it could do it before and now it can't.

We booked VGT so now just waiting and wondering what is our stateroom assignment. Hoping for a cool upgrade but really just happy to be back onboard. :lovestruc:shamrock::cloud9:

I sure hope so!

The strange thing is I have used the same selfie pics 4 times now. Our passport picture was saved as a PDF file and used it like that 3 other times. This time, when I tried to upload it, it wasn't even showing up in the folder that I knew it was in so I had to re-scan them in as JPEG files. All the while, I'm thinking all this wasted time means I'll be stuck with a 2 pm PAT. Also, last time I uploaded passport pics, it automatically filled in the text boxes with passport ID #, DOB, expiration date, etc. I remember thinking, "wow, that is neat! I love technology." and not that it is so difficult to type it all in but just a tad disappointed knowing that it could do it before and now it can't.

We booked VGT so now just waiting and wondering what is our stateroom assignment. Hoping for a cool upgrade but really just happy to be back onboard. :lovestruc:shamrock::cloud9:
I thought I read somewhere to save everything as a jpeg so that's what I did. I think my picture quality may have been too good and that slowed it down some? I don't know...the entire thing was a mess lol.

We booked VGT also! Our first time doing that. An upgrade would be nice but like you, we will be happy just to be cruising again. ☺️

Last edited:
Just take a close up, looking straight forward, and include from top of shoulders up. No boobs or bellybuttons.
No need to downsize anything.

We sailed last week out of Miami. I had not been paying attention closely enough to know about getting online at midnight to get a good PAT. We are Platinum and I don't remember this issue pre-covid. I was so worried about the testing I missed this change. Unfortunately after realizing my mistake, I was gathering info for 7 cruisers and 4 staterooms to upload the week before we sailed. After that scramble our PATs were 1:15 for 1 of us and the rest at 2:45. Thanks to all the helpful info in the forum I found out you can go in and keep checking to get an earlier time. Kind of a pain but it worked.

All of this just to say that if the midnight thing doesn't go that well for anyone, all is not lost. We all ended up with times at 12:15 which worked out fine.

my checkin for the Wish starts Friday at midnight. I want to have my pictures ready to go. Do I need to take pictures of my passport as well as our headshots?

If you had checked in for a previous cruise a few months earlier does any of that get saved or do you start from scratch for each cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!