What do Disney movie fans think of How To Train Your Dragon?

MNTwinsMom

Mouseketeer
I know this is a Disney movie board, but I'm curious what other Disney fans think of the new competition.

We just saw Dreamworks How to Train Your Dragon and I thought it was fantastic! The 3D is unbelievable and the story is heartwarming.

As a bonus we got to see a 3D trailer for Toy Story 3. Can't wait for that one this summer. The Barbie/Ken storyline looks hilarious! Ken tells Barbie he likes her leg warmers and Barbie tells Ken she likes his ascot :)

I know this is a Disney movie board, but I'm curious what other Disney fans think of the new competition.

We just saw Dreamworks How to Train Your Dragon and I thought it was fantastic! The 3D is unbelievable and the story is heartwarming.

As a bonus we got to see a 3D trailer for Toy Story 3. Can't wait for that one this summer. The Barbie/Ken storyline looks hilarious! Ken tells Barbie he likes her leg warmers and Barbie tells Ken she likes his ascot :)

Good to know. I was considering this one for DS6.

I don't see DW as competition, just an occasional alternative. :goodvibes Looking forward to TS3! :thumbsup2

I'm a lifelong Disney fan, and I think the sun rises and sets on Pixar, and I loved How to Train Your Dragon - thought the characters and story were very engaging, and they really had me on the edge of my seat, wondering how everything was going to be resolved. Disney fans should know - HTTYD was written and directed by Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois, the writing/directing team behind Lilo and Stitch (which I also love).

Thanks for starting this thread! We're taking DS8 to the movies tomorrow night for his birthday and it's between How to Train Your Dragon or Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I'm most excited for the Toy Story 3 trailer! :goodvibes

I loved How to Train Your Dragon. They did a great job with this movie. It doesn't move ahead of The Incredibles or Monsters Inc. or anything, but I gave it a very solid 8 on my movie meter. I took my nephew who is 7 and he gave it a B ++

i saw it in IMAX 3D and was blown away!!!! i enjoyed it more than shrek!!!!!!! i thought the story line went a little deeper than a young child could understand...but all the kids around me seemed to enjoy it!!!!! toothless reminded me of my dog :)

Saw it with my 16 yo DD and we were both thoroughly entertained. Not sure that I would buy the dvd, but definitely worth seeing.

We saw the movie yesterday and absolutely loved it. We are looking forward to Shrek and Toy Story 3.

I LOVED it. It's definitely the best Dreamworks Animation has done so far...and honestly, it felt like classic Katzenberg, like when he did The Lion King and such for Disney. I can't wait to see what he and Chris Sanders does next!

So glad to hear the good reviews. Going to see Dragon and ALice in Wonderland on Monday. We're all off so we decided to catch up on some of the movies we want to see and have lunch out at the mall.

How to train your dragon......I went in thinking it was going to be overrated but wallked out very impressed. I would recommend it to anyone.

The movie was average to good. The good is the nongoofy, endearing relationship between hiccup and toothless. Took preschooler so I thought it was a little too violent. Not on the level of any pixar movie but ok.

Taking preschooler to Toy Story III opening weekend. :)

Since you guys are talking about TS3 I might as well join in,

it was AWESOME ! I got to see TS3 early because disney was showing screenings of the movie for college students in my area. We didn't get to see the last 20 minutes but it was great ! & the Ken/Barbie story is hilarious indeed!

I really liked the movie, but the previous poster is right about The Incredibles still being the best recent movie out.

I watched it last night in 2D.

I loved it!! The storyline moved quickly, and it was full of action (some parts made my heart beat a little faster!). It seems that a lot of people loved Toothless. I thought he was pretty cute, but I actually liked Hiccup (main character) more......

There was a moment in the movie that made me cry, but not so much in the moment where most might expect? Or maybe it is. But I won't give any spoilers. ;)

Such a great movie.

Great question. I loved How To Train Your Dragon movie. I think it has great animation and characters. Good for them. I believe movies like this keep Disney and other studios on their toes. It pushes the quality and creative level so other studios will make better animated movies.

I have every Pixar movie on DVD and/or Blu-ray. How to Train Your Dragon is the first (and so far, the only) Dreamworks animated film I will buy on Blu-ray. Very well done. As a previous poster noted, the movie was done by Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois, the team who also made Lilo & Stitch, which is a favorite of mine. That was enough to get me to take my five-year-old son to see How to Train Your Dragon.

Scott

I have the DVD and I love this film, very entertaining indeed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter