What Disney Movie That You Love Do You Think Is The Most Underated?

Emperors New Groove, Tarzan and Goofy Movie.
We loved ENG so much we named our dogs Kronk and Kuzco, but we need to reverse their names now that they are older and have switched personalities!

How about some love for live action movies? There are other live action Disney movies that I like than the ones below, but these get some votes from me.

The Shaggy Dog (1959)
That Darn Cat! (1965)
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
The World's Greatest Athlete
Escape to Witch Mountain
No Deposit, No Return
Gus
The Shaggy D.A.
The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again

Black Cauldron was always a favorite of mine & no one ever seems to have seen it or even know of its existence.

Also Hercules, Tarzan, and hunchback are all extremely underrated.

Okay...this thread is leaving me a bit confused here. I mean, are we putting up our opinions on what's underrated based on audience thoughts or merchandise marketing? Because I've noticed some of the titles you guys have been listing did make occasional comebacks to the store shelves from time to time...although recently we did just pass the 50th anniversary of Mary Poppins a while ago and I'll bet you that, even at the Disney Store, there was barely any merchandise related to it--except, of course, I think, some kind of a bag or something. And I guess in merchandising terms, I'd have to say the majority of Pixar films, because while some of it has returned to Disney Store for a while and still continue to be sold via Toys 'R Us and Hallmark--plus on and off as graphic tees over at Hot Topic--I'm still constantly having to shop online for those via Amazon and eBay! Especially the WALL-E stuff because it's my all-time personal favorite. And when I volunteered at one of my old schools, I did not see any Inside Out backpacks or lunchboxes being used...

Too bad all they ever sell for most of the time is Toy Story and Cars--which I find to be a problem that frustrates me every time I shop, and I especially mean ever since I officially entered Pixar fandom between junior high and high school years! Still, I'd have to agree with you guys about the classic Disney films, too...'cause I'll bet those of you growing up in the 70s and 80s didn't see much merchandise for The Black Hole or Tron, either! (And I say this because of listed findings on recent eBay searches...)

Sorry. Rant over. Frustrating, isn't it?

Like some have said: A Goofy Movie and Emperor's New Groove

I also think a lot of movies that make a second from the original like Pocahontas 2 and Mulan 2, etc. never really got any attention. I know they were mainly straight-to-video sequels, but sometimes I forget they were even made.

From what I can remember off the top of my head are Treasure Planet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Tarzan, A Goofy Movie, Emperor's New Groove and The Great Mouse Detective.

My top 3 favorite Disney movies are:
1) Hercules
2) The Hunchback of Notre Dame
3) Pocahontas

When I mention this to people, they all say "Wow, those are incredible underrated" and I agree. They are all SO well done animation wise, and I enjoy the music and storyline for each of them. I think Hunchback has some of the best animation ever done by Disney. I remember watching a behind the scenes video back in the 90's that the animators actually went to Notre Dame for inspiration behind their sketches.

"The hunchback of Notre Dame", it truly is beautiful film, what a soundtrack, what a villain, Esme's and Phoebus relationship was fun, message was great, Quasi is one of the gentlest at heart heroes; "The sword in the stone", I like this one very, very much! "The great mouse detective" (am I the only one that found this movie very dark in its visuals and story?) ; "Hercules" maybe. "The black cauldron" too.
MAny of them are...not sure why. I guess some movies 'clique' better with the general public.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter