What Disney Movie That You Love Do You Think Is The Most Underated?

I think Treasure Planet, Pollyanna, Wall-E, The Incredibles, The Great Mouse Detective, Kim Possible: A Stitch in Time and, Brother Bear, Peter Pan 2: Return to Neverland are under-rated. I also STRONGLY agree with Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules and The Princess and the Frog.:earsboy:
Would also like to mention in addition to Sword and the Stone, the movie Robin Hood. The songs are fantastic and The Rooster/Narrator is such a great character. I would also like to agree with the above poster on Brother Bear. I really thought that was a cool story.

Brother Bear is wonderful. I cry through out the entire movie..lol

I guess I never paid attention to movies not getting recognized since my family loves those movies.
And we lived and breathed Princess and the Frog for 4 straight years for little DD!
I spent 4 years searching high and low for Princess and the Frog stuff. I cried when she met Tiana for the first time last year.

Last edited:
I agree with A Bugs Life! I don't remember liking it much when I first saw it, but recently rewatched it and couldn't believe how detailed and creative it was. And funny!

Lilo and Stitch , Pocahontas and the Princess and the Frog. Love the imperfect characters and family focus in lilo and stitch. Love the music in Frog and Pocahontas.

I think Cars & Cars 2 are underrated - I don't know why everyone seems to hate them! I think they're really cute and I'm not even the little boy target audience

Brother Bear had a very intriguing plot, and quite a few funny characters.

Fox and the Hound.. movie makes me want to cry more than any other.

More recently.. I say Inside Out should get more hype tbh, the whole movie had numerous parts that either made you want to laugh or cry, while having such a well thought out plot that actually got me thinking what's going on in my brain "headquarters" haha

Pixar is tricky. I think everyone likes Toy Story 3, Nemo and maybe The Incredibles, but others like Cars or even Toy Story 2 are really divisive. Meanwhile, Planes: Fire and Rescue, which was a sequel to a second-rate Cars knock-off was much better than Cars 2, which was a full-on Pixar movie.

I think Cars & Cars 2 are underrated - I don't know why everyone seems to hate them! I think they're really cute and I'm not even the little boy target audience
I swore off seeing the original Cars in the theater because the advertising just wasn't getting me. I finally decided to give it a shot and I was really sorry that I didn't see that one during its original run. So when Cars 2 came out, I was sure to buy my ticket... and wow, was I sorry I did. I actually fell asleep in the theater, and work up just after Mater was tied up in Big Ben. Since then, I've seen bits and pieces of the movie, but I still haven't sat through the entire film yet.

So many to choose from. One of my all time favs from the time I was little has to be a very underrated The Fox and The Hound.

Pixar is tricky. I think everyone likes Toy Story 3, Nemo and maybe The Incredibles, but others like Cars or even Toy Story 2 are really divisive. Meanwhile, Planes: Fire and Rescue, which was a sequel to a second-rate Cars knock-off was much better than Cars 2, which was a full-on Pixar movie.
Couldn't stand The Incredibles. Possibly my least favorite Pixar film. Was way too long, and seemed like it could have ended about three times before it finally (mercifully) did. I nearly walked out twice, and am still kicking myself for not having done so.

Pixar movies are very personal. Brave is so dependent on the mother daughter dynamic that it might not speak to men, whereas the Incredibles is very much I think directed at husbands and fathers.

I think Wall-e is vastly underrated. I thought it was brillant and very romantic.
I also feel that Chicken Little doesn't get any respect; but I really liked it.:thumbsup2
I don't think about Chicken Little, but when I end up watching it, I remember how cute it actually is. :happytv:

I would have to agree with basically all of these. I only recently watched the Great Mouse Detective, and man oh man it was 'Great' haha. I've also always thought that treasure planet, oliver and company, hercules and hunchback were very underrated.

There were a ton of live action movies from I think the 60s and 70s that we watched on the Disney Channel when we first got cable, or rented from our pre-Blockbuster video store. They never show up anywhere.

But 2 of my all time favorites are Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and Robin Hood. Oo-de-Lally!

The Wind And The Willows anyone? Mr Toad would have made a fun meetable character.

I don't know about underrated but certainly underappreciated is Fantasia.

I think I'd go with The Great Mouse Detective on this one. It's one of the quiet ones that sort of slips into the shadows of the past, but I love that movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter