What Disney attractions or rides you wish they could replace?

Outlived relevancy is different from want/need to be replaced. Carousel of Progress has outlived its relevancy by decades, but should NOT be replaced. Updated, sure, but it's staying!!!! :)

Personally, i think Peter Pan's Flight can go any time. I know it's very popular and always busy, but meh.

I don't see a need to remove something that someone may like, except if it precludes something else - so the answer to your question is really, for me, a matter of which attractions are not worth the space or staff that it takes to run the attraction, or otherwise detract from other attractions. The Tomorrowland Speedway fits the bill on at least two of those three counts, if not all three: It's taking up too much prime real estate, and the cars belch an excess of smelly pollutants into the air.

Boneyard and Fossil Fun games. Sorry, better things to do with that area. I love Primeval Whirl, but its often not enough to go through that whole space of AK.

I know the theory that Walt wanted a Carnaval space. What do you think of when you envision a carnaval? I think of cotton candy, popcorn, fry bread with sugar and a FERRIS WHEEL! Yes games, but not when you are already shelling out hundreds of dollars to be there and who wants to carry around a stuffed prize all day? No wonder no one plays those things ever. Get rid of them.

Last edited:
The Tomorrowland Speedway fits the bill on at least two of those three counts, if not all three: It's taking up too much prime real estate, and the cars belch an excess of smelly pollutants into the air.
On the other hand, it makes a perfect DSA...

I am probably going to be burned at the stake for this, but I have never really seen the appeal of Country Bear Jamboree or the Tiki Room. However, I can understand keeping those around for nostalgic reasons. Personally, I would rather see them add than replace. Some of my favorites have been replaced over the years. While I like the replacements, I wish I could ride both the replacement and the old ride. I know that is not very practical though. I especially miss Horizons and World of Motion.

Tomorrowland Speedway is super lame and not at all related to the the Tomorrowland theme. It should be replaced.

I don't necessarily think it should be replaced, but it should be heavily reworked and rethemed to use electric cars with a more futuristic style and some additional scenery on the track. Hopefully with the re-work for the TRON coaster they will do a little more to it than just re-route the track.

Tomorrowland Speedway BY FAR. For the 4th time (I believe) since it opened, Disney is shortening the track again. It's a relic of the late 1960's...has had no upgrades, only downgrades (shortened track) since it opened. It's smelly, noisy, probably unsafe to the CM's who work for it with the fumes.

It has no place in Tomorrowland and it sits too close to Fantasyland. They can put 2-3 attractions in the area where it resides.

Now, I do think they could put a simulator or virtual Tomorrowland Speedway type of attraction that would take up a lot less space and be much cooler and more futuristic

....the Tomorrowland Speedway needs to go, go, GO!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I got roasted here some years ago for opining that the Swiss Family Treehouse needs to go, but here I am opining it again. Other "nostalgic" attractions are easy to understand, the Treehouse is from a movie that most kids (and probably most adults) have not seen. That and it's a nightmare to navigate, what with all the stairs and people stopping to take pics and videos. So, that gets my vote.

I am probably going to be burned at the stake for this, but I have never really seen the appeal of Country Bear Jamboree or the Tiki Room. However, I can understand keeping those around for nostalgic reasons. Personally, I would rather see them add than replace. Some of my favorites have been replaced over the years. While I like the replacements, I wish I could ride both the replacement and the old ride. I know that is not very practical though. I especially miss Horizons and World of Motion.
I love the Tiki room, but it needs serious attention.

Little kids are just happy to be in Disney World. They will love anything that is fun.
It always has a long wait. I & many ppl I know have spent many trips esp with little boys where this was by far the ride we rode the most the whole trip. Didn’t get that attraction til I saw it through their eyes. Rethemed & updated would be nice, but there is enough non little kid stuff being added (almost everything coming is not geared to little kids) so I hold they keep se version of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter