What did you get for Thanksgiving Dinner?

S

susy

I got Chef Mickey's for 6:30 pm, my first choice. I was the first call she picked up for the day.

How did eveyone else do?

I got 4pm seating WCC. I was also her 1st Turkey Day call, before me she was busy with CRT. I was on hold until about 7:03AM, so sorry all you CRT PS seekers, I took away a CM, I am sure by the time she picked up the next call after me, CRT was all gone. SORRY :(

We were on hold for 20 minutes (both DH & I on different phones) and couldn't get Chef Mickey's OR WCC for any time before 7 on Thanksgiving Day (we have a party of 10, though, and I didn't want to be split into 3 tables since 6 are kids). So we ended up at Cape May. Has anyone been there for Thanksgiving and did I make a good choice under pressure?

Good luck to the rest of you!!! This was harder than I thought it would be!!!

Originally posted by Heather
We were on hold for 20 minutes (both DH & I on different phones) and couldn't get Chef Mickey's OR WCC for any time before 7 on Thanksgiving Day (we have a party of 10, though, and I didn't want to be split into 3 tables since 6 are kids). So we ended up at Cape May. Has anyone been there for Thanksgiving and did I make a good choice under pressure?

Good luck to the rest of you!!! This was harder than I thought it would be!!!

WOW!!!! I am sooooo glad I got up early and called first thing. I had no idea the reservation would go THAT fast. I am sure Cape May will be fine. People seem to enjoy it throughout the rest of the year, Thanksgiving might even be better!

I just booked California Grill for 8:00 p.m. We want to be able to just roll back to our resort after we gorge ourselves...no more walking in the parks for us! :) Have any of you been to CG? Will it be a good choice for TG? Also, I wonder if we'll be able to see the fireworks from the observation deck before eating? If any of you have any information on this, I'd appreciate knowing...I'm a little nervous about planning TG dinner for our group in case it doesn't turn out really nice!

I booked California Grill also. I chose the 5:30 seating. We arrive that day and I imagine that after being up since 4:00am, we will want an early evening.

I haven't seen any hours yet for November. I wonder what time fireworks will be set off.

We got our Le Cellier lunch - that will be our big meal for the day. Congrats to all who got what they wanted and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

-hedgehogcs

We got it!:teeth:

We're having Thanksgiving dinner at LeCellier 6:00pm. This was also our first choice. They were very busy this morning, I was on hold for 20 minutes and that's with getting on hold right at 7:00am. Looking forward to a relaxing day on Thanksgiving. We are staying at ALK and plan on sleeping in and having breakfast at Boma's. Then off to Epcot and after dinner we'll watch Illiminations.

Good luck and I hope everyone gets the PS they're looking for:D

We got Chef Mickey's twice!! We had the gang calling and two of us got through. We have a party of 12 we didn't want take any chances. When we get ready to cancel one I'll post to let you know.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!

vgsmom

vgsmom - Please, please, please let us know when you decide to cancel. I *may* switch mine from California Grill to Chef Mickey's. The more I think about it, the more I'm concerned about such a late seating time (8:00 p.m.). BTW, what time did you get? Enjoy your dinner and your trip!

Good luck and I hope everyone gets the PS they're looking for

I think it might be a sign....today was the first day I could call for 60 PS (Cinderella's breakfast). Of course, like everyone else....I sat on hold for several minutes. by the time I got through, the reservations were gone for the day :( I have a few more times to try--Saturday is the BIG day (my daughter's birthday is Octocer 1) and then it all goes downhill after that with the new PS reservation system, LOL

Madge
who is still hopeful :)

We got Chef Mickey's at 3pm. I was up at 6:40am but completely forgot that today was the day until I got on the computer at 7:45am and realized that I had forgotten to call. We have a party of 10 but will be seated at 3 tables as the next time available for one table with 10 people was 8:30pm. With kids ages 7, 6, 5, and 2 that would not work. I'm just glad I remembered before there was nothing left.

to GoofItUp--

I'll be sure and post once we decide, we certainly don't need two. We have one for 6:15 for two tables of 6, and have one for a table of 12 at 7:00. I think we are going to keep the table for 12.

I'll let you know.

vgsmom

WCC for 5:00!:D My kids were a little anxious about not being home for Thanksgiving dinner, but I told them this and they said that it will almost be like being "home"! We're staying at WL, but VWL is our home DVC resort!;) Thinking of going across to MK for the evening activities. Anyone ever done this? What can I expect as far as crowds?

BraveMom3,
Think really big crowds when you consider MK for Thanksgiving.
We spent the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving until the Friday after last November.

--penny

Pennyplanner,
That's about what I expected. Last year was our first time to go at that time of year, and we went over to MGM for the Osbourne lights (were staying at YC) that evening. Since they are not having that this year, I'm trying to come up with an idea for something else. Don't really want to fight mass crownds, though. We may still brave MK for the atmosphere, and not necessarily fight to get on any particular ride. Just kinda hang out!;)

Goofitup-We did CG two years ago and LOVED it! They did a pre-fixe limited choice menu. DH had beef and I had turkey and all the trimmings. We had timed our reservations to be seated during the fireworks but ended up sitting at the bar and going outside..no big deal! It was still great! The place REALLY clears out after the fireworks and we were able to enjoy a leisurely, adult meal.

One of the best things about the meal, etc. (besides the Cosmo made by bartender Laurie) was the Pumpkin Creme' Brulee with Gingerbread! This was FANTASTIC!

I'd do it again in a minute, but we've had really good luck there and never had any problems with food, drink, or service!

I just booked the Yacht Club Galley. We have 5 people, Cape May had nothing until 9pm and Chef Mickey's was sold out. Anyone had Thanksgiving dinner at the Galley?

Mike

We were staying at YC last year and ate T'giving dinner (4 pm) @ YC Galley. It was very good. The service was wonderful, and the selection was great. I think you might be able to find the menu @ wdwig.com. They had the normal T'giving menu plus some extras that were new to me. I tried the pumpkin soup, which was very good! You'll have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter