...What did you end up doing with your lightsabers once you got home?

moericus

Mouseketeer
Well, we got the old school ones by Star Tours. Those are used for epic battles between my son and I.

• SirBill

Mouseketeer
    I bought the hilt display stand, at some point I'll probably wall mount them with blades in so I can actually switch them on... ideal is a combination display with light sabers and different colored crystals to swap in.

kylenne

Wakandan-American
    Edit: As I'm sitting here thinking of what outfit I'd wear if I want to have my lightsaber on my hip, it occurred to me that my Dr. Strange costume would be fun in terms of seeing how many people noticed what was "off" about the outfit.
    Me and my best friend used to wear our old cheap hilts to the local Renaissance Faire, and staff would always humor us and peace tie them. I plan to do the same thing after we build ours in May. I’ll get cosplay use out of it too, the saber I plan to build is similar to the one my old Knights of the Old Republic character had in the game.

• YawningDodo

DIS Veteran
    Me and my best friend used to wear our old cheap hilts to the local Renaissance Faire, and staff would always humor us and peace tie them. I plan to do the same thing after we build ours in May. I’ll get cosplay use out of it too, the saber I plan to build is similar to the one my old Knights of the Old Republic character had in the game.
    I've half thought about doing an actual Jedi cosplay around it, but since I don't have time to invest in that right now I'm just going to mismatch it with costumes that shouldn't have a lightsaber but suddenly do. I love the idea of taking it to the Ren Faire!

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
    Bumping for an extended update! I might do this one day with my son where do you guys have them displayed in your house too?

TarotFox

Mouseketeer
    We don't have our blades permanently attached, but we have the hilts displayed on top of one of our display cases.

• Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
    I
    We don't have our blades permanently attached, but we have the hilts displayed on top of one of our display cases.
    I have not built one so I dont know how this works.
    Is this a choice when you are building it? I am thinking about a way to display for a birthday gift... I found a few on etsy.
    They also have wooden boxes and wall mounts.
    Should I buy one with for the whole thing?

Attachments

Skywalker3

Mouseketeer
    We haven't made one yet at Savi's, but we have several lightsabers at home, and have 4 displayed along the wall by our stairs. straight up, staggered w the stairs. I hope to add to the collection soon, not sure if we'll do the Savi's build, (would be fun!) but maybe pick up a couple (like Ahsoka's) at Dok Ondar's.

TarotFox

Mouseketeer
    I
    I have not built one so I dont know how this works.
    Is this a choice when you are building it? I am thinking about a way to display for a birthday gift... I found a few on etsy.
    They also have wooden boxes and wall mounts.
    Should I buy one with for the whole thing?
    The blades twist off. So it's not so much an option as it is simply something you can do with it. We like the blades, but we don't attach them if we aren't going to mess around with them.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.