What did you all book for Summer 2023? - thoughts on prices?

Same - Never cruised any other one.
Started as a birthday gift for my DD when she was 4... big mistake. She was hooked and won't let go of DCL, doesn't even want to hear about other lines.
Through the years I've become a fan of cruising (this last WBPC blew me away) but I'm kind of tired of DCL, same shows, same ports, same routine... I thought our DD would get tired of it by the time she's around the age she's in rn but she just won't... hoping that when there's no more Vibe or 1820 for her she'll finally give up.
My kids liked Royal a lot. My oldest liked Royal and NCL more. I would give it try. You'll save enough money to do another DCL cruise.

We are on that Odyssey cruise. It is our third try to get to Israel! I hope we sail on it and you do too!
Hopefully, next year will be better - though we say this every time - but, right now, cruising to Israel is a logistical nightmare. They still have incoming PCR testing requirements, which means folks are spending hours at the ports getting tested. MSC is sailing to Haifa this summer and they have withdrawn all major excursions. Reportedly, all you get is a few hours in port good for a nearby beach resort visit.

We booked the 7-night Norwegian Fjords on the Dream, and it was almost the exact same price as the 7-night WC on the Fantasy we booked for April 2023. We balanced out the higher category (4A instead of 5A) with our OBB.

I honestly thought we'd end up paying a lot more for Europe, even for a cruise of the same length, so I'm really pleased!

Forgot to post this, but we booked the Transatlantic on the Dream (5/7/23). Used a 10% onboard discount/placeholder which made the price pretty enticing for us. Excited to spend a couple weeks on board next year and sneak in as much Palo and Remy as possible! :)

Forgot to post this, but we booked the Transatlantic on the Dream (5/7/23). Used a 10% onboard discount/placeholder which made the price pretty enticing for us. Excited to spend a couple weeks on board next year and sneak in as much Palo and Remy as possible! :)
We did this cruise in 2018. It's probably my favorite cruise of all time. We had perfect warm, sunny weather that can probably never be replicated. The sea was like a pond the whole crossing. Our WBTA in 2019 was a different story. Horrible weather, a hurricane and we missed two ports in Canada.

7 day Eastern Caribbean July 29 - August 5 2023 in concierge, thank the Lord for the 50% off credit! All new destinations, never been to Puerto Rico. Even with the discount the prices were crazy high but then again I’m used to sailing in October. Anyway, I’m booked and excited, haven’t done anything since the start of the pandemic and am so ready to get out of the house. I would have sailed to the grocery store.

Last edited:
7 day Eastern Caribbean July 29 - August 5 2023 in concierge, the the Lord for the 50% off credit! All new destinations, never been to Puerto Rico. Even with the discounted prices were crazy high but then again I’m used to sailing in October. Anyway, I’m booked and excited, haven’t done anything since the start of the pandemic and am so ready to get out of the house. I would have sailed to the grocery store.

I booked this! Its me and my two kids, they will be 16 and 12, we were booked onto an Easter cruise this year, but because they hadn't started vaccinating pre-teens here in the UK we couldn't go. I don't have a discount so concierge was too much, but I have booked our first verandah room and I am very excited. I thought the prices were pretty similar to our cruises before but we were in Europe and there were 4 of us, so that’s probably a big increase!
Its my first trip abroad with the kids post divorce, looking forward to cruising outside of Europe for the first time too. We would have done the Greek Isles if it hadn’t have been in school time though. Hopefully another time! :dance3:

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing! It helps to hear others have done it and had a good time!!
Booked RCL Med with Israel 10/22. Priced about $4500 for 3 in verandah Odyssey. Should recheck pricing. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Also just booked Dream TA with stops in Spain for 5/23. Really looking to this too. No one has to stick with same cruise line but activities for Disney will be best for our young son.

We booked the 7-night Norwegian Fjords on the Dream, and it was almost the exact same price as the 7-night WC on the Fantasy we booked for April 2023. We balanced out the higher category (4A instead of 5A) with our OBB.

I honestly thought we'd end up paying a lot more for Europe, even for a cruise of the same length, so I'm really pleased!
We booked the Norwegian Fjords cruise and I also was pleasantly surprised with the price. I was expecting it to be a lot more.

Royal Caribbean Alaska in a Grand Suite for less than a smaller balcony on Disney. We may sadly be done with Disney cruises after our December one this year.

We booked the Norwegian Fjords cruise and I also was pleasantly surprised with the price. I was expecting it to be a lot more.

Right? It's crazy. The 2023 med cruise I booked was about 10% *less* than the 2022 we had, on a per night basis.
In a better SR, too (extended verandah)
With all the insane inflation around the world, I was shocked.

Yes! I've been reading through some past trip reports, and this looks like a great stop. The eagle/bear sanctuary looks amazing; any other reccos?
Lots to do there. The raptor center and fortress of the bear are both great. We also love totem pole park. Not sure if you are traveling with kids but there is even a little playground in town and science center my kids enjoy. Everything is pretty walkable except fortress of the bears is a ways out of town. Hit me up with any questions.

If you didn't get the room you wanted, I would encourage checking again. We booked on May 3 (Gold) the 7-night Mediterranean from Barcelona on 7/8. We are a family of 5 so can only do family oceanview, family verandah, or concierge if we want one room. At the time, family oceanview was unavailable, so I booked verandah. Have been checking back, and today, a whole slew of oceanview rooms showed up as available on the website--basically had my pick of any Cat 8 room, so I booked one.

A little annoyed because prices did go up a bit since I booked (about $100), but I still saved $1,000 relative to a verandah so I can't complain too much. It is odd though--I wonder why they held those rooms back. Weird.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter