What day of the week do you usually go grocery shopping?

Superstore and I go to the website to see the flyer.
I'm just not cut out for on-line grocery shopping, I guess. It can take me more time scrolling through every page of every category to fill my cart (I don't want to miss anything!!) than actually walking the aisles of the store. I've only done it once and then gave up. :upsidedow

Saturday - around noon
All cashiers are working, so no lines

I’ve tried going at off hours, but they never have enough staff working so lines are atrocious.

I shop for produce on Tuesday and Wednesday, meat and groceries any day after Wednesday.
Basically, I can be seen at various stores 3 or 4 times a week.

It can vary ( a plus of being retired). Our main store ( Acme) has a 5% discount on Tuesdays for 60+ so that is a normal shopping day. During the Philadelphia Eagles season (including Preseason & Playoffs) there is the same 5% if you wear an Eagles item ( except for caps :confused3). So the Acme day can change from August thru at least early January.
I usually go one more day during the week but that can rotate between Acme, Shoprite or Wegmans. Depends on sales and what I am looking for. If it is Wegmans it is a Monday -Friday before 2:00pm.

I'm just not cut out for on-line grocery shopping, I guess. It can take me more time scrolling through every page of every category to fill my cart (I don't want to miss anything!!) than actually walking the aisles of the store. I've only done it once and then gave up. :upsidedow

i get it but it’s pretty painless. You can type into the search bar eggs (for example) and it shows you all the options. You can look at the ingredient list and nutritional info too. Plus, you can look at your previous orders too to get specific items again. I don’t work for them lol I just wanted to let you know it’s pretty painless. Of course, I once searched for vanilla ice cream and the first option was beets, so it’s not flawless LOL

I have had good results when selecting meat and produce because you can add notes as well.

i get it but it’s pretty painless. You can type into the search bar eggs (for example) and it shows you all the options. You can look at the ingredient list and nutritional info too. Plus, you can look at your previous orders too to get specific items again. I don’t work for them lol I just wanted to let you know it’s pretty painless. Of course, I once searched for vanilla ice cream and the first option was beets, so it’s not flawless LOL

I have had good results when selecting meat and produce because you can add notes as well.
My big-shopping style is no list; no meal plan; just a loose idea of what we need and how many days' meals I'm shopping for. Then I just wander the aisles (ever single one except pet food) and see what grabs me. I literally spent more than two hours on the website one day trying to "virtually" see all there was to see, which at the SuperStore is mind-boggling. :laughing:

No specific day but we do try to get it done early (9am or so).

I bicycle to all food stores any day and sometimes more than once. Enjoyed going 2AM to 5AM when Walmart was 24hr since the roads and store had little traffic. Now it's from opening time at 6AM or 7AM to closing 9PM to 11PM.

Saturday, but early - I am out the door by 8:30 and home an hour later after two stops. It is still very quiet on Saturday morning and things are well stocked as they are preparing for the rush later in the day.

I started this early habit during COVID and this in one thing I am not going to change.

Since I’m retired I don’t have a specific day for grocery shopping. I go when my list gets too long.

Saturday or Sunday morning. I like the beat the rush. I go around 8-9am. Plus in summer when you go early, you avoid the peak heat of the day. I hate getting in a hot car.

Saturday is my preference, but I sometimes shop on Sunday. Sunday is my main cooking day, so I like to have the shopping done on Saturday so I can start cooking early on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter