What dates in Oct and Nov. NOT to go to WDW?

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
I know that this question has been asked over and over again,but I really didn't think I'd need to know.I now want to have some kind of idea of when not to be at WDW in Oct and Nov.Last year we went Oct 1st for 8 days and it was good,but I know that anytime a holiday is in a month that school is out,alot of people go to WDW,so,again what are the dates for Oct and Nov.I hope I do not need them.We're booked to arrive on Sept.19th and because of all of the hurricanes,I'd like some dates to fall back on.Ivan should be gone by then,(lets all hope) but I always like a back up plan just in case.Lets hope that Ivan misses FL. those people have had enough.

I would say in Oct the Colombus weekend is going to be busy and in Nov Thanksgiving day through that weekend will be busy.

If you're concerned about "crowds" I would avoid Thanksgiving for sure. Any holiday time is going to be busy (like Colombus Day and Veteran's Day). We went the first week of November last year and thought it was a good time to go. Not really busy and the weather was nice for the most part.

Tropical systems have been known to linger in October--and with all the activity this year I would keep that in mind. Even though November is still technically hurricane season it is toward the end of it so you'd have less chance of having to reschedule AGAIN:D

I know just what you mean! We are scheduled to arrive on the 19th as well, but I've been doing some research "just in case" we have to re-schedule. Our US-Air tickets are "non-refundable" and we'd have to pay $100/ticked X 4 = $400, plus the additional difference for another date; not to mention not getting the great rate that we got at AKL! My travel agent says wait things out, my relatives say "reschedule", my husband says, "things will be alright!", and I say, "Why did I choose to go during hurricane season!!!" (affordability, or so I thought!)

Let me know what you guys decide, maybe I'll follow your lead! :)
My heart goes out to all you Floridians out there. I'm praying for you!

Originally posted by jwfla422
Any holiday time is going to be busy (like Colombus Day and Veteran's Day).

For holidays such as Columbus Day and Veteran's Day would you say that just the weekend (Fri-Mon) would be the most crowded or does it carry into the whole week?

So far we're also waiting this one out.We're also traveling on US Air.Which airport are you leaving from?We have to change planes once each way.We suppost to stay at the Contemporary in the tower but we'll see.Keep in touch.e-mail me at mickeys_friend@hotmail.com if you need too. My girls (ages 22 and 27) and my husband are not worried.We've been there during a tropical storm before,took 4 attempts to land before we did and then they closed the airport.We stayed at the Poly. then,they kept us up to date on the weather on our voice mail.

we had a great vac planned with unbelievable rates (incl 151 sav view at akl and 135 air and 189 suv for a week) but had to cancel last second due to frances...both swest and disney gave full refunds...we were to stay at our inlaws timeshare - Interval - for the first 4 nites - they would not help us in anyway and i don't know if it is too late, but what i learned is to purchase trip insurance when you go during a risky time such as hurricane season - i have never done so but it seems like it is not that costly from what others have mentioned and probably worth getting.

as for rescheduling the trip, i had the same idea and figured on october - i was totally surprised at how all the deluxe hotels are full to capacity (no rooms at all at dolphin, swan either) and absolutely no discts -- i have not checked on moderates but i would guess the same may hold true...tried around tksgiving as well and rooms are also full then --

i would be interested if you find rooms during all of october or tksgiving time... good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter