What careers didn't appeal to you as a child?

Nurse, teacher or secretary- pretty much the only 3 professional jobs open to women when I was a kid…I wanted to design ‘stuff’ or fix televisions…

Anything involving bodily fluids. I realized pretty early on in life that I don't have what it takes to be a doctor, nurse, preschool/early elem teacher, etc. because bodily fluids gross me out to the point of making me physically ill. It is a wonder I've survived motherhood.

I don’t know that there was any job that didn’t sound appealing in some way as a child. Of course my knowledge of the wide variety of jobs was very limited.

Anything dealing with math.
Ironically, I am EXCELLENT with math -- I just hate it.

I can't think of any. When I was a kid the whole idea of me just showing up and they give me money was a win-win situation

I only ever wanted to do something that would let me draw and design, so nothing else appealed to me. I guess I didn't like the idea of doing repetitive stuff, like an assembly line. My mother worked in a box factory putting boxes together all day, and she always spoke of how much she hated it.

anything involving sales. from a kid's perspective i knew that i often heard 'we can't buy that right now' or 'that's too expensive to buy' so my brain figured that if times got really tough people could stop buying things which meant people who sold things wouldn't be able to be paid. i figured it was smarter to go with jobs people couldn't (in my mind) choose to go without-teachers, nurses...

Anything medical. I remember visiting my uncle in a VA hospital around age 9 and it scared me to death. When my husband was sick and I had to hook up his IV meds here at the house for about a month five years ago, oh boy, did I suck it up, buttercup. :)

Anything involving the sight of real blood. 🩸

I totally could have worked in the horror industry with fake blood. ❤️

Anything involving the sight of real blood. 🩸

I totally could have worked in the horror industry with fake blood. ❤️
That's probably not uncommon. Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream director Wes Craven actually walked out of Reservoir Dogs during the torture scene.
(EDIT: no real blood was used, but the scene was more realistic than typical horror scenes.)

I honestly didn't put much thought in about what I didn't want as a career. I'm sure I wouldn't have wanted to be a garbage man.

Doctor, nurse, teacher.

I actually didn’t know what I wanted to be and one of my professors said I should major in accounting.

I am an accountant. But just because you’re good at it doesn’t mean you enjoy it.

Nursing, my Grandmother was a nurse and I saw a little of what she did and wanted nothing to do with any of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter