• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What brand of Balsamic Vinegar do you like?

Zandy595

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f
I bought my first bottle a while ago and it was awful. I'm making a tomato, mozzarella, basil salad that I'd like to put balsamic on, but I need to find a good one.

Whole Foods 365 brand is inexpensive and rated #1 by Cooks Illustrated. It is very good.
-Becca

The bottle I have in my cabinet is Regina...says its imported from Italy. I think it tastes wonderful!

Zandy595 said:
I bought my first bottle a while ago and it was awful. I'm making a tomato, mozzarella, basil salad that I'd like to put balsamic on, but I need to find a good one.

For the salad you are making, I'd make a balsamic reduction. Just pour a bottle of balsamic in a saucepan and let it simmer until it reduces and get thick and sweet and syrupy, takes a few hours. We did this in a cooking class I took and it was wonderful on the Caprese salad. Pour it into a squirt bottle and it will last forever and your salad will look very fancy :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone. I ended up buying Regina. I'm going to try that reduction for the Caprese salad tonight. :thumbsup2

I work at an Italian Grocery Store and I buy Fini brand balsalmic vinegar and Modena brand. I like them both. There are so many different kinds and brands out there just give it a try and see which one you like. (Try it over strawberries~excellent)

I really like the Regina balsamic, but I think I reduced it a little too much. When it cooled it was like tar (still tasted good though). :stir: :rolleyes2 Guess I'll have to try it again sometime. DS10 doesn't want me to do it when he's home though because it "made the house smell gross".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter