What attractions are open during the day at Universal Studios with HHN at night?

Momof4girls

DIS Veteran
I thought I read somewhere that they close some of the attractions during the day?

My daughter definitely doesn't want to do HHN, but I thought maybe daytime activities would be okay.

Is the tram tour different? (or even open)?

Looking at the app right now and everything but transformers is open. Last tram tour is at 4:15 today with park closing at 6.

All attractions are open. Nothing is closed because of HHN.

The Studio Tour closes at 4:15pm and starting at 5:30pm they do start to close attraction queues in preparation of HHN which starts at 7pm every event night.

Yes, everything should be open. Be aware that they have some of the HHN decor out all day long and some of the displays can be scary/gruesome. I don't know about this year because my son now refuses to go in October because the HHN decor freaks him out.

We just went this weekend. They had some pathways blocked off, and some parts of the studio tour had Halloween stuff kind of blocking the stages, but nothing of major annoyance. We didn't find any of the decorations to be too much, but my youngest is 10, so I don't have any little ones.

The Jurassic World ride coming in 2019 means the old version closed, but that had nothing to do with HHN. A couple of things went down for short periods of time, but nothing was closed this weekend. I think you must have just caught a temporary closure when something malfunctioned.

Starting last year (2017) they toned down the "day operations" decorations because of complaints. This year the Halloween decorations are more pumpkins and less zombies.

Starting last year (2017) they toned down the "day operations" decorations because of complaints. This year the Halloween decorations are more pumpkins and less zombies.

That's great, I guess we can start going back during October!

This is what you see at the entrance.
ZE9Wezg.jpg
ArKOKvf.jpg

This is where the really scary stuff was years ago - at the beginning of "New York" street.
rDIjfVm.jpg

This one is one of four tableau's in the Paris section.
XrWHRKs.jpg

Personally I see this as more "Pirates of the Caribbean" than anything, but if it's too scary that street is easy to avoid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!