What are your young children giving Dad for Christmas??

My husband is really into wildlife (worked at a zoo as the curator of education for quite some time, ran a wildlife rehab agency...) so each girl "bought" him a DVD game on wildlife and aquatic animals. It's supposedly like a Scene It game. I purchased tham at $5 Below.

I usually take the kids to the dollar store and have them each pick out a few things but this year I was chatting with them and asked what they wanted to get daddy and ...
DS3 said "Daddy really needs new socks, I seen a hole in his yesterday."
DD3 said "Maybe Daddy needs slippers like mine, only not pink."
DS10 said "Dad lost his screwdriver again...he needs a few of them."

So... DH is getting socks, slippers, and a screwdriver set. Oh, and a digital picture frame. I scanned some of the kids artwork along with a note and photos and downloaded them on his frame.

I think ANYTHING he gets he will love! One year DH helped DS shop and I received bright red ear muffs and a bright purple scarf... yes, I had to wear them together and I did.:love:

My DD5 got her daddy a sleeping bag so they can go camping together!

A coffee maker for his office with coffee, filters, flavored creamer and a sugar bowl.

New tools, he knows his dad loves to work on his car ! I also let DS see what I was giving DH ( a new Sirius radio with the kit for home & car ) :santa:

a disney skin for his phone which I ordered 2 weeks from disneyshopping and it hasn't arrived yet :confused3

My kids aren't little but they usually go with an itunes card or a DVD. This year it was DVD's- Hangover and Goodfellas

I took my kids to the liquor store - they got him a bottle of scotch. lol It's a running joke because they're only 3 and 6mo, he still has a hard time watching both of them - he always says he needs a drink when I get home. It's a smallish bottle and will last him all year, but it's a joke coming from them. :rotfl:

I love it!!! This would have been a great idea when my now darling sweet DD13 was a very difficult baby and toddler. I wish I had thought of it back then.

I took them to the store and let them pick out there own gifts. Dd got him some boxer shorts and some candy. Ds got him a new wallet, which we pre-filled with some new photos of the kids and a cd. They wanted to get daddy a new truck, but that was a little out of their price range! :rotfl:

We bought daddy snow boots so he can help her build a snowman. She is looking so forward to that.

Our standbys are a movie or a wii/computer game. This year he's getting a waffle maker. (Our old one bit the dust and daddy likes waffles!)

Pajama pants (DD8), fleece blanket (DD5) and a Goofy mug (DD9). I always let them pick out their own gifts and I never know what they are going to choose. I think they did great this year...they were very thoughtful about what he would like/need.

As a Dad of three young girls....I will take a hand made picture every time a gift is necessary. I keep them all!!! They will mean so much more to me in years to come than most gifts.

My DS(6) completely took gift giving on himself. He talked to his Grandma and told her what he wanted to get DH and me. So Grandma did the shopping for him. He is giving DH shaving cream. He wanted something that we would use every day. Grandma did think that he also needed a gift for his sister that he didn't mention.

Funny is that about a month ago he took DH's breath right strips. He just brought them to me to wrap for DH.

Our DD age 5 is giving her dad a handmade picture frame magnet with a pic of her in her daisy scout uniform. The troop took old cereal boxes and cut them down to make a photo mat then painted them, then painted some old puzzle pieces, when those dried they glued them on the photo mat and wrote "I love you to pieces" and merry christmas 2009. There is a magnet on the back so my hubby can put it up in his office or on the fridge at home. He's also getting transformers pj pants!

We went to the computer store. He's getting a USB SD card reader (because he lost the download cable for his camera), and also a set of laptop headphones with a mic so that he can actually talk when he takes online classes. They were each under $10.

My kids make daddy gifts. DD likes to draw and drew everyone a special picture just for them. She drew her daddy playing street hockey with the kids as that is a favorite activity of hers she likes to do with him. DS drew a picture of Star Wars people. Then they wrap them in boxes all by themselves. They also each made gifts in school for us which are handmade and the ones I like the best.

Now the kids and I together are also buying Daddy a DS as he enjoys playing with theirs!!! :rotfl:

DS10 made his Dad a tic tac toe "board"/container. He painted it and helped me put it together. then we covered the pieces with paper and pictures. (The circles have pictures of DS playing baseball on the miracle league with his buddy Dad) :)

I remember sneaking downstairs after dinner one year to make my gift to my dad with my aunts help. He always said he wanted a cabin by the lake and boat to go fishing. I think we found a toy boat and made a cabin out of popsicle sticks. A cutting board was covered in tin foil and spray snow covered most of it-except the lake area. Not sure how many nights it took to complete as I was still quite young 7 or 8 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter