What are your favorite chain restaurants

For dinner:
Gyukaku (a Japanese yakiniku chain)
Burger and Lobster

For fast food:
Baja Fresh (though these are HIGHLY variable and often awful)
El Pollo Loco

For breakfast:
Original Pancake House (PNW chain started in Portland that has great bacon and lots of pancakes, including my favorite, dutch babies.)

Last edited:

Longhorn
Chick-fil-A
Used to like Outback but think they've gone downhill
On the Border
Bob Evans for breakfast on the road

Our current favourite has been Smash Burger when we are looking for fast food. We don't really have a chain restaurant that we support regularly. When we lived in Oregon, we always went to Outback, but we have tried the one in our area here three different times and it is terrible!

Breakfast:
I love Denny's but DH is an IHOP guy

Lunch:
Applebee's
Tony Roma's

Dinner:
The Keg (Canadian chain like Ruth's Chris - too $$$ for what it's worth really)
Bubba Gump (we don't have one local but never miss it when we visit the States)

Lots of smaller Canadian chains that nobody else has probably heard of: Chianti (great Italian), The National (gastro-pub type place), Famosa (wood-fired pizza), deDutch (pannenkoeken to die for).

Chick-fil-a
White Castle (Not ofen but very now and then I breakdown)
Not sure if these are considered Chains
Margarita Ville
Phillips

Mandarin

Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel when we go to the States.
I was just going to say the same for Olive Garden. It doesn't get a lot of love around here and I realize it's not gourmet, and yes I have had authentic Italian food in Italy, and blah blah blah.. but we like it and we always go when vacationing in the States. We love Sweet Tomatoes when in Orlando too. My Dh and ds love Steak "n" Shake as well.

Mandarin

Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel when we go to the States.
:idea: Oh, yeah - I forgot about Olive Garden. DH & DS love it. We only have one in the entire city (pop. 1.4 million). It's 30 minutes across town and almost impossible to get into without an hour or so wait.

I was just going to say the same for Olive Garden. I realize it's not gourmet, and yes I have had authentic Italian food in Italy, and blah blah blah.. but we like it and we always go when vacationing in the States. We love Sweet Tomatoes when in Orlando too. My Dh and ds love Steak "n" Shake as well.
We used to have an Olive Garden near our house 20 years ago. We used to get the salad to go when we were having company for dinner. It was so good. I was so sad when it closed.

Dinner:
Longhorn
On the Border
Cracker Barrel on road trips

For lunch, I like Smashburger, Panera, Habit Burger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter