What are your Disneyland "traditions"?

tdhickey

DIS Veteran
Talking about the things you have established a tradition of doing every trip you go to the park...

For us it these happen every time:

1) First ride of the trip, no matter what the line, is Pirates of the Caribbean

2) Eating at the Blue Bayou once a trip

3) Splash Mountain ride photo

4) Skipping to the park at least a little on the first day once we cross Harbour Boulevard and can hear the music on the way to the security gate

5) We always buy at least 1 park t-shirt each per trip

What are some of your traditions?

Every year, we debate what to ride first...vow to do something different...and every year, we head straight to Big Thunder. :lmao: I honestly don't know what we will do this trip since BT is closed!

We always eat breakfast at Carnation Cafe and talk to Oscar.

We take some time and sit on one of the porches on Main Street.

Before we got APs, DBF and I would get a Character Sketch every trip. Our other tradition is saying good night to Walt before we leave the park for the night.

Toy Story Midway Mania is our must do .... and now and additionally, RSR.

The last attraction we always do is the walk through of Sleeping Beauty Castle and then a slow walk down Main Street stopping at the firehouse to look up at Walt's window and say thanks!

On our first trip we had a nice family pic taken with Minnie at the doorway of her house. Got a nice frame for it - wooden one with mickey heads in the corners.
The next year, I wanted to get the same pic, but Minnie's house was closed. But we got a nice one with Mickey and got the same frame.
This year we're going to do the birthday party, so hoping to get a pic with both Mickey and Minnie, and again, get the same frame.

We did not have any traditions going to Disneyland as a kid, but now that I have taken my own family once, we can start our own.
Riding the Firetruck and ringing the bell will be one of them. My 2 boys loved that!
We want to get the Mickey helium balloons again, they keep all week in the room.
The boys love to do the Dumbos, Teacups, and then Alice everyday first thing. We might have to switch that one up this time! :teacher:

Midnightred

For us we always eat Mickey Mouse pancakes at the River Belle Terrace and get a photo of my now 16 yo son holding up his plate to show the pancake. We go every year so it is fun to see him grow and the pancake stays the same.

We also get a silhouette done of our son. We have 12 hanging on the family room wall.

For my DH it is a frozen bannana:banana:. For my son it is a turkey leg and for me it is a Dole Whip Float.

We also ride BTMRR once in the day and once in the dark. We too are bumbed that the "Wildest ride in the wilderness" is closed.

We play I spy to see who sees the first Mickey balloon floating in the clouds.

Traditions = FOOD
My kids LOVE that really HUGE peanut butter square!
My husband HAS to have ICECREAM from any of the icecream shops ONLY from the parks!
I LOVE my chocolate covered pretzel stick!
All together we agree on beignets from JAZZ Brennen's!!

For our annual family trip we always go to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner the night we arrive. Its a good way to get our trip started with a little Disney magic without having to go into the parks.

In our family, it is a tradition if we have done it three times (that's our rule ;D). So since we haven't gone the third time yet (family trip scheduled for OCT), nothing is set in stone.

HOWEVER...
we are working towards:
Eating in the La Brea Bakery the first night we get in (before our day at the park);
First full Sunday we do DL exclusive and Monday we do DCA;
We take one day of our trip each time to visit another attraction in Southern California.

Each morning at DL we always do Space Mountain and then Star Tours...every single morning LOL

Depending on park schedules, DGF and I always watch F! and WoC, since F! is her fave and WoC is mine. Fireworks used to also be part of that before we got APs, now they are more of a "if we can fit it in conveniently", after having watched it the first time we tend not to care as much. A meal at CO also used to be a tradition, again before we got APs and started trying new food places.

As far as rides, Indy, BTMRR, Buzz, TSMM, and now RSR and MJJ are pretty much rides we must always hit. ST and SM have lately been on backburner, surprisingly.

Dh's family pulled me into their traditions.

1.Have breakfast at Carnation Cafe at leat once.

2.Eat as many churro's as you can

Have a lunch at Blue Bayou.
Ride in the front seat of the monorail.
Our breakfast on the last day of our trip is ALWAYS Rainforest Cafe.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DISBoards

A character breakfast the first full day morning! Then we go straight to Jungle Cruise! Then over to Fantasyland! We have to have our Churros, Frozen Bananas and Tigger Tails! There a few pics we have to take every year too! :thumbsup2

1. Always go to Great Moments with Mr Lincoln first at Disneyland.

2. Always eat at Blue Bayou once every visit.

3. Always take a picture in front of the partners statue.

4. Since California Adventure opened we always ride Soarin first when we enter that park.

5. Always ride Pirates of the Caribbean on the last night there as our last ride.

6. Always eat a churro.

Hmm...

1.) First ride, Space Mountain, front seat.
2.) Last ride, Peter Pan, getting in line one minute before park closes.
3.) Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou at least once.
4.) Fantasmic! at least one.
5.) Every dark ride in Fantasyland at least one.
6.) Monorail ride in front or rear nose cone, at least once.
7a.) As many churros as I can eat and remain living.
7b.) If over holidays, accompanying churros with as much hot chocolate as I can drink and remain living.
8.) Goat trick on Big Thunder. (I'll miss you in March, old friend.)
9.) Taking *every* opportunity to relax and breathe in the scent of all the pine trees. (That smell absolutely means, "Disneyland" to me.)
10.) Pirates. Pirates. Pirates.
11.) Saying "Good-bye" to the park on my last day's exit.

1. If starting at DLR, grab fastpasses for and then immediately ride Space Mountain first thing. Every time.

2. Eat as many churros as our stomachs and wallet will allow.

3. Count the people from Utah. We're from Utah, and we like to see how many we can guess are from there as well.

4. Count the number of "interesting" children's names we hear throughout the trip. Last time our favorite was a little boy named Sparrow!

5. Dole Whips, of course. And Caramel, Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows, but not the orange Tigger Tail ones.

6. Buy an ornament to commemorate the trip.

7. Pick of different series of pins to look for and pintrade on that trip.

I love all of our Disney traditions, even if some are a little..weird? :)

In no particular order:

• Ride the Disneyland RR once all the way around the park in one sitting
  • Dole Pineapple dessert at the Tiki Room
  • Have a Mickey pretzel
  • Stare at the goat while on BTMRR - try it as you bank the corner, makes you dizzy
  • Walk through the entrance of Sleeping Beauty's castle like Walt did in the historic photo (my all time favorite Walt photo btw): http://www.ultimateorlando.com/archive/castle/thumbs/SBCwalt.jpg
  • Dinner at Blue Bayou once per trip
  • Ride POTC at least 3 times per trip
  • Walk through the Emporium gift shop from end to end
  • Watch Fantasmic
  • Stay until midnight and walk down Main Street (assuming midnight closing time)

We visit each year in August so one of our favorite traditions is to take a midday break in the Tiki Room garden and enjoy a leisurely snack of Dole Whip and pineapple spears. The garden is wonderfully themed, has shaded seating, and of course the Dole Whip is a special cooling treat. We are in no hurry (as this is usually a last stop before heading back to the hotel for the sacred midday break), and so we listen to the tiki pre-show a couple of times through. My kids know it by heart and diagnose Pele with various mood disorders when she declares, "I'm the one whose really sad. When I smile it comes out mad!" We finish off of course by going into the Tiki Room an singing like the birdies sing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!