What are your December 2009 dates... no more hoping for waitlist next Dec. 2009...

We called right at the 11 month window for AKV Concierge and got a studio for 12/8-12/11/09. We also called later and got a 1 bedroom OKW from 12/11-12/16/09.

hmmm it has been a quiet day here at work... everybody must have been snowed in... was just contemplating... anybody here have trips before December... how do you keep organized with your planned trips... me.. I have post its ::yes:::crazy2: colored ones... pink, lime green and orange equals 3 trips:hourglass and yup a big bulletin board by the bathroom hall way :rotfl2:

hmmm it has been a quiet day here at work... everybody must have been snowed in... was just contemplating... anybody here have trips before December... how do you keep organized with your planned trips... me.. I have post its ::yes:::crazy2: colored ones... pink, lime green and orange equals 3 trips:hourglass and yup a big bulletin board by the bathroom hall way :rotfl2:

:scared: Now that organizational system would make me a little crazy!

1. I have a folder in my file cabinet for each trip and an Excel spreadsheet form that I plug things into as they are arranged: dates, resorts, confirmation numbers, ADRs, etc.

2. Dates to make reservations, call for ADRs, etc., are in my Google calendar.

3. I also have a "to do" list in my Disney travel folder (on the computer) where I write down everything that needs to be done up until the day I leave.

4. If I have more than one trip in the making (right now I have FOUR), I'll take everything out of the individual file folders and put it in a binder. Each trip will have its own section.

5. As soon as I have park hours and everything is finalized, I print out my trusty index cards for each day.

5. A week or so before I leave, everything for that specific trip goes into one of those small plastic expansion folders that has compartments like for checks & stuff but longer (if you KWIM). It has tabs for "air," "DME," "resorts," "maps," "schedule," "dining" & "receipts". This folder goes in my backpack for the plane.

I put all my receipts & anything else I want to keep in the expansion folder at the end of each day of the trip. That way, when I get home, it's all in one place.

So maybe I'm a little obsessive :blush: but post-its? seriously?

So maybe I'm a little obsessive :blush: but post-its? seriously?

I do my calling of adrs... booking for car rental etc during work hours... and since I work crazy hours the post its are perfect for me.. I call.. I get it and write all the data from the adr the time and what day/date it is for on a post it... when I go home I stick it on my WDW board... as the trip gets nearer I go over the post it... and tape it over an index card.. 3x5 ... all fyi's, numbers and stuff... then off I go... then I only grab the today post it and by the end of the day it get tossed :crazy2: crazy but it works... for my disorganize brain :p

:goodvibes it's almost the weekend... to some (Lisa aka nobodies36) it is already the weekend :p

Have a Sparkling Weekend!!!

Dec 2-9 AKV Concierge and we will be trying for BLT Dec 10-11.
Good luck to those on waitlists!!
Can anyone offer their opinion on which rest. is good choice for the candlelight processional? Thanks!

Dec 2-9 AKV Concierge and we will be trying for BLT Dec 10-11.
Good luck to those on waitlists!!
Can anyone offer their opinion on which rest. is good choice for the candlelight processional? Thanks!

Le Cellier! (Oh wait--you're there the same time I am...maybe Chefs de France) ;)

Hi OP! When you get time, could you change my check out day to the 26th? thanks!:)

Booked Dec 20 - 23 at SSR all based on my youngest DD getting in the Fall Advantage College Program. Also booked BWV in Aug. Need a lot of pixie dust for her. She really wants to be accepted along with her BFF.

ANTSS2001 - I had to chuckle on the post its. Usually I have a spiral with all my WDW/DVC ressies. But I couldn't find it, found the plastic sleeves with last year's trip but no spiral. So went to school with my calendar and took out my post its:thumbsup2 As soon as lunch started, made my calls. I have all my info on orange post it sheets. Haven't done anything else yet. Have to wait until March to hear whether my DD gets into the college program.

ANTSS2001 - I had to chuckle on the post its. Usually I have a spiral with all my WDW/DVC ressies. But I couldn't find it, found the plastic sleeves with last year's trip but no spiral. So went to school with my calendar and took out my post its:thumbsup2 As soon as lunch started, made my calls. I have all my info on orange post it sheets. Haven't done anything else yet. Have to wait until March to hear whether my DD gets into the college program.

:rotfl: :cool1: I hope that is a good thing... now you need a place where you will never lose your post its... the fridge is a no..no for me since I stick to much on my fridge door... I did have a notebook before but then when I loose the notebook I loose the post its.. so I basically stick it in my wallet where my dollars are ... and thats when I develop my WDW vacation board.. as soon as I get home... I place my keys on the rings.. hang cell phone next to it (board near an outlet so cell will be charging)... and take purse (purse rest at the bottom of the board meaning the floor :p ) out and stick it on the board the next day... I know where to grab all the stuff I need before I leave the house also gives me a moment to browse what else is missing for my plans for vacation :goodvibes ... I do tend to loose alot of stuff.. whats that saying if my head was not attach I would loose it too:rotfl2: thats me in a nut shell :upsidedow

Booked Dec 20 - 23 at SSR all based on my youngest DD getting in the Fall Advantage College Program. Also booked BWV in Aug. Need a lot of pixie dust for her. She really wants to be accepted along with her BFF.

pixiedust: pixiedust: on the college program.
I appreciate your DD for trying to get into this.
I hope she and her BFF can go together. My DD is in an Academy (6th grade right now) and are earning credits already for HS graduation.
Education is so important:goodvibes

pixiedust: pixiedust: on the college program.

Thank you for the pixiedust: She's a 3rd year Animal Science major at Cal Poly SLO. If she's selected, she will be the first animal science major accepted into Disney's College Program from Cal Poly. They usually get the engineering and graphic design majors applying.

We've decided even if she's not there in Dec, we'll still take a family trip for those 3 days. We love the holiday decorations and lights.

We're at OKW Dec. 19-24. At seven months will there be anything else available?

We're at OKW Dec. 19-24. At seven months will there be anything else available?
My guess is there will be availability at SSR and AKV since the new section will be open. You might get lucky at BWV in a preferred view and you also might get lucky at BLT only becuse it's the first year it's open. I wouldn't hold my breath for BCV and VWL.

Happy Monday!!!
glitterimagesdisney158.gif

Well we had to wait until yesterday to make our reservation so we could borrow 2010 points (yikes) but we're confirmed for Nov 29 - Dec 5 at SSR - hooray!

Well we had to wait until yesterday to make our reservation so we could borrow 2010 points (yikes) but we're confirmed for Nov 29 - Dec 5 at SSR - hooray!

looking at your ticker... a congratulation times 2 is in order!!! !st for the 2010 points :faint: and the upcoming bundle of joy!!!

thats alot of points... am assuming it is for a villa for a big family equals alot of fun!!!!

Oops and thanks!

Thanks for the congratulations on our upcoming baby - we find out next Tuesday if its a boy or girl and I can't wait!

Oops is we are not blessed to have 2010 points - what I meant is we had to borrow points from the year 2010 (we have a Feb use year) since we only had 35 points left from 2009.

Sorry for any confusion - Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter