What are you passionate about?

Number one is most definitely walking down Main Street. I almost feel like I'm not truly in Disney until I walk down that street. There is nothing else quite like it, and everyone should experience it at least once! (even non-Disney freaks!)

I use to feel that way about it. I don't any more. Plenty of other things still feel right, but, for me, not that. I'm a bit jealous.

For me it would have to be the escape to this fantasy land... where everything seems magical!!

We love the food...we love the Beach Club...we love seeing the Mickey hand waving at us at the MCO... we love the excitement sitting on the bus...going through the gates of WDW.. weeeehoooo, we're HOME!!

Gosh... I'd go tomorrow if I could!!! :rotfl2:

WDW totally re-prioritizes life for me. At WDW my biggest problems are how many attractions can I experience before the next ADR, and which tchotzkes would I most like to add to my collection. When these are the things that matter most, life is good.:earsboy:

I get passionate about MAGIC TIME!!!! That first moment when we walk into MK and get through the tunnel out into the square...I tear up or straight cry every time. It's the moment where everything comes together for me....

I also get passionate about our ADRs!! LOVE FOOD!! Love to eat, and eating at the World is a lot of fun!

I get passionate about ToT!!!! DH and I love this one!!! It makes me scream and get scared and excited all at once.

My top three are pin trading, the YC (where we will be staying), and riding Spaceship Earth (My absolute favorite!!!!!!) :woohoo::)

This was tough. :confused3

Seeing the excitement of my kids meeting the characters. Also, the food, I love planning the meals, especially character meals.

1.- Mickey Mouse voice in Fantasmic: " some imagination ah!!"

2.-Sweet cheese pretzel

3.-Goofys Pretzels (make your own)

4.-WISHES.-Flying Tink

5.-Tower of Terror

6.-Boma

7.-Ohana

8.- Mickey Mouse character greeting

9.-The vibrant colors all over the place

10.-the feeling that every thing is OK:lovestruc

:surfweb: this is gonna be corny:hug: but the thing i love most about our disneyworld trips is being able to take the kids on a vacation that they love:banana:

I grew up in a family that always had a nice home and enough food in a really good neighborhood, but there were extras for only a couple of years, most years there werent any extras, and only two real family vacations. I never ordered or asked to order books from school because i knew my parents had $ troubles.... so anyway

I get choked up just thinking about being able to take the kids to the world. We usually arrive in orlando and dw about mid day and have lunch at the hotel and hit epcot for a nice dinner. the next morning is the magic moment for me... :wizard: getting to the Magic Kingdom at rope drop or earlier with a cyrstal palace breakfast, I always pause looking up main street and say a quick thank you to god for being able to give this gift to my kids:love:

:surfweb: this is gonna be corny:hug: but the thing i love most about our disneyworld trips is being able to take the kids on a vacation that they love:banana:

I grew up in a family that always had a nice home and enough food in a really good neighborhood, but there were extras for only a couple of years, most years there werent any extras, and only two real family vacations. I never ordered or asked to order books from school because i knew my parents had $ troubles.... so anyway

I get choked up just thinking about being able to take the kids to the world. We usually arrive in orlando and dw about mid day and have lunch at the hotel and hit epcot for a nice dinner. the next morning is the magic moment for me... :wizard: getting to the Magic Kingdom at rope drop or earlier with a cyrstal palace breakfast, I always pause looking up main street and say a quick thank you to god for being able to give this gift to my kids:love:

why isnt my ticker working

I'm looking forward to SLEEP!! lol I have a 13 month old son, and a daughter due next month...so yeah, I'm looking forward to sleep.

Actually we're going with two first timers who are our close friends and I can't wait to see everything through their eyes!

Where to start.....
-Walking through the gates, onto Main Street and getting my first glimpse of the buildings and that majestic castle. It makes me feel like I am 5 years old and reliving all the magic that I felt when I was a little girl.
-Stopping in front of the statue of Walt holding Mickey's hand (I have a replica statue at home) while having tears in my eyes...every time!
-seeing Palm trees throughout adventureland (From MA...we don't see them)
-Riding on Pirates of the Caribbean
-watching the monorail travel through Epcot
-Giving Mickey a hug
-getting shivers during the fireworks
-sharing that excitment with my boys has been amazing
-the magical feeling that the Magic Kingdom is there for me to love, enjoy and escape from reality...there is no greater feeling:cool1:

That's really sweet! ::lovestruc, I'm sure your kids will always remember being in Disney with you!

I am passionate about the resorts we will be trying out. For our upcoming trip, it will be the Treehouses and AKV Jambo House.

Returning to my favorite Restaurants.

Wishes Fireworks (It will be Holiday Wishes this year).

My favorite attractions.

The Icons in each park especially the castle.:love: I can't wait to see it all lit up for Christmas!

DTD shopping and eating.

Visiting my other fave resorts (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Epcot resort area).

Disney Transportation. I love the boats and Monorail.

The most important thing is how my children are just completely overcome with joy and happiness. That is what keeps me coming back more than anything else. It's the magic.:wizard:

I love how the whole idea and feeling of Disney consumes me while I'm there! I'm always holding back tears when it's time to leave. I'm probably most excited when entering Disney's Hollywood Studios. The morning race to get fastpasses at Toy Story Mania makes me laugh (no running, please!). I could ride the Great Movie ride over and over and over and....well, you get the point. I love that for a week, or however long the trip is, I get to be as childish as I want to be, and instead of pretending not to know me, my husband joins in the fun.
(And just sitting here typing this, minutes after I've booked our 3rd trip, I've made myself cry thinking about how exciting it all is!)

I wish I could explain why Disney World affects me as much as it does. How do you explain it to someone? It's sort of like trying to explain to someone why you love a certain person. Disney is not only my literal happy place, but it's the happy place in my head. If I have trouble going to sleep, I mentally take myself down Main St. at MK, head left, and see if I can name every attraction in every land as I walk through the whole park. If I need to relax, I think of the breeze blowing through the palm trees at Epcot while I slowly stroll along. That being said, here are my biggies - I could probably come up with 100 more. :goodvibes

1. Arriving at the Beach Club to check in. The Boardwalk area is my very favorite place to be on property. I think it's really Disney's 5th park.

2. Seeing the castle as it first comes into view. You know that weird puff of air that jumps right from your heart out your mouth, preventing you from even making a sound? It's rare.

3. First walking into Epcot and hearing the music. There's something about the spacious landscape of Epcot that is relaxing and mysterious - there are no flashy promises of thrill rides - everything is hidden in buildings for you to explore.

4. Getting a reservation at Le Cellier. Granted, this is sort of a pre-trip thrill, but when you pull it off, you feel like you've cracked some deep Da Vinci Code.

5. Chocolate-dipped Mickey gingerbread cookies. Random and very personal, I realize, but there's little that can beat that spicey, soft, cakey, chocolatey goodness. It's a taste of holidays and home and kindly grandmas. I look for them everywhere (the cookies, not the grandmas).

6. The World of Disney store at DTD. There's a certain excitement that comes with the promise of that much merchandise in one place. It's a feeling of being in "the place to be."

7. The Mexico pavillion at Epcot. I don't necessarily confess to being a die-hard fan of Mexican-themed items, food, or places otherwise, but I could live in that pavillion - it's like immediately walking into a romantic nighttime getaway with the stands full of curious trinkets, the music, and the beautiful volcano landscape. It's wonderfully relaxing and thrilling at the same time.

8. Ghirardelli at DTD. Granted, I can get ice cream at home at various decent establishments, but what is it about this place? It's the only all-ice cream place I can think of at Disney, and it just beckons. My husband and I never miss it, regardless of how long or short a trip it may be. The Strike it Rich sundae is to be worshipped.

9. Pirates of the Caribbean. I think this sort of falls into the same category as the Mexico pavillion at Epcot. There's something about the smell of the water, the darkness, and the scenes with the fire that makes it sort of exotic and subterranean, but it still makes me feel like a kid. I look so forward to this when I plan a trip.

10. "Moments." This is a little more intangible. It's reserved for things that I don't even know about yet, and other things I wasn't expecting. It's about the waiter at Tony's Town Square sprinkling mickey-shaped confetti on our table (I scooped it up and kept it - I've had it since 1998). It's about the rose they gave me at the end of a meal at Victoria and Albert's. It's about my father and I being given special fastpasses while in the pre-show of Test Track as part of the Year of a Million Dreams. It's about the first time I saw the Photo Pass photos after the trip my husband and I took in 2007 and seeing the characters Disney inserted into our pictures. I could go on forever.

Anyway, when I close my eyes and try to bring that "Disney feeling" into my day, these are the things I think of. ;)

Spectromagic! I'm going to miss it :wizard:

I've never seen Electrical Parade though so hopefully I'll like it. Spectro makes me cry everytime.

I took a buddy who'd never been to Disney in December, and when I asked him what he liked best, he said that he liked getting to do so many different things in so many places in such a short time for so little money. I think athat's close. It's not like a roller coaster park or a kiddie park, there are so many different things, from TGMR to LMC, from Soarin to Gran Fiesta Tour, from Astro Orbiter to TTA that are so different from each other, but are all related. Of course, TSMM rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter