What are you passionate about?

I just like the escape from the real world .... I know that sounds foolish because its just another tourist destination like any other in some ways. But Disney has a way of slightly losing yourself. You get picked up at the airport, taken to a resort in the park and for the duration of your stay you relax. No worry about meals or transportation -unless you are one who obsesses over the minucia of your vacation. We get the park hopper so we come and go as we please. Its about FUN and RELAXATION. Thats the appeal. When I think of a certain moment or place that I visualize, its in a pool back at the resort. The kids begging for a few more minutes to stay in the pool when its close to bedtime. :thumbsup2
I don't think I could have said this better myself. I don't think it sounds foolish at all. We don't even listen to any news while we are there. I think everyone needs a place to get away from reality a little bit and that is our place. I can't think of a better place for DH and I.

I love it when we're handing our tickets over and my son whispers, "Thank you Mommy." :lovestruc I just love the fact that being there makes him so happy.

What a great question! I started going to WDW with my wife and son when I was 31. I had never been to the world before. I was awestruck immediately. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort and I felt the world I left behind did not exist anymore. We have returned every year since then and it's just as exciting as the first time. When people ask me why I love it so much, I can only articulate my answer in this fashion - it's the only place I can go to and TRULY get away from everything else. From the moment I step off that airplane, it's an indescribable feeling. My son has caught the bug as well and although my wife has been imploring me to go somewhere else for our vacation, I will not oblige [majority rules]!!

Jose

I'd have to agree with the "feeling". It is just that feeling you get when you arrive into MK etc. I love hearing the bus announcements on the way to the parks and on the way "home" after a long day at the park. And the FOOD!!! :love:

I Agree on this too.

Being totally immersed in the Disney experience; we stay on site and once we park our car we are either at one of the DW resorts, at one of the parks or on DW transporation to one of the parks; it's a total escape from reality!

The cool whenever you enter a shop or some rides, the flash rain storms we just don't get in Nova Scotia.

Riding Everest, it's by far my fav ride.

And the smell of everything, the way everything is wet from nature or random water firing mechanisms.

Oh, and riding the super full buses at night back to our resort. Giving up a seat so a mom can sit down and let her tired kiddo curl up in her lap. Then the lights go out and all the weary park goers enter that zombie like state where talking is nearly prohibited :rotfl:

Oh, that's good.

The water smells are great! And they amplify every other smell too.

I love your zombie stmnt! It's so true!

I love when the Magical Express video starts, driving under the sign and the colors. Every color is brighter and more vibrant in Disney World!

I love our tradition of getting a huge Mickey rice krispy treat that is bigger than my daughter's head!

All things about that place but, what REALLY gets me is seeing the Big Guy for the first time! That darn mouse gets me every single time! No matter where I see him... in a parade, Fantasmic!, MK opening, you name it. I can barely contain myself when I finally get to the front of the line to have my pic taken with him! That poor little CM inside there must think I'm insane. I'm sure I come off as actually believing that they are indeed Mickey Mouse! No other... just him! And maybe it's also become I'm 33 yrs old and I act like they truly are Mickey. :confused3

Number one is most definitely walking down Main Street. I almost feel like I'm not truly in Disney until I walk down that street. There is nothing else quite like it, and everyone should experience it at least once! (even non-Disney freaks!)

Also passionate about creating memories with the people I'm vacationing with...in other words, lots of pictures! It's awesome to look back at pictures and remember exactly what occurred when the picture was taken.

The food--new places and old favs
Main St at night for the first time
Riding our fav rides

Overall, I just enjoy being a kid again, staying on site and not having to do anything other than have fun...I don't have to cook, clean, make my bed, run errands etc....

Arriving at POR and seeing the water taxi arriving from DTD; going down to DTD every night is one of my fav things to do.

Getting over to Epcot first thing and getting on Soarin'.

Getting over to MK and walking down Main Street and that first peek at the castle.

Enjoying a glass of wine and chatting with the staff at the lounge at POR.

Seeing the tree at the GF.

Eating a Casey's Hot Dog smothered in toppings with Corn Dog Nuggets and riding the TTA :banana:

I've always loved riding the lakes in the smaller transporation boats. I still love to do the GF/Poly/MK or the FW/VWL/CT loop. I especially love the second loop because it just seems so far removed from the crowds and the scene is so relaxing.

We ride bikes at FW whenever we can. We often see deer on the path between FW and WL.

Swimming in any of the resort pools in the AM when they aren't crowded. Or anytime swimming in Storm along Bay or the Springs pool at VWL.

Bobbi:goodvibes

1)Opening the door to our hotel room for the first time on vacation, and my kids bouncing off the walls being excited!
2)Going from the hot steamy Florida weather to the dark and cool lines at POC and Haunted Mansion.
3)Seeing my kids 100% believing in the Magic that is Disney!

Going under the Disney World sign was very exciting. Sitting outside the Contemporary resort while watching the monorail, walking down mainstreet, the parades w/music, spectro, the castle at night, the food, being able to act like a little kid if i wanted sort of like being in a fantasyland for a week. Its just the greatest feeling to be in one of the happiest places on earth.

Found this thread after hearing the podcast.
Very fun.

Let's see what I'm passionate about....

Seeing the road signs that say Disney World, then seeing the signs turn from green to purple.

The ANTICIPATION. Checking into your hotel and putting on the channel with Stacey or whoever they have that makes the parks look so good. Getting on the bus and heading over and just realizing "We're actually here!"

I don't know what it is, but ever since our first trip in 2005, we have gone to either DW or DL every year because we are so happy when we are there! My DH is Mountain Man born and raised, so I thought he would hate the crowds, etc., but he LOVES it and we all have such a good time.

My DD12 even holds our hands when we are there. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter