What are you hoping to see on the Disney Treasure?

I am hoping for a whole new design that makes this ship different than those before it. I think it would be cool to get away slightly from the typical characters or themes. An adventures club lounge would be awesome. A madame leota lounge would be great ( maybe even interactive in a similar fashion to how Trader Sams is). Or heck, just a trader sams ON the ship. Coco themed restaurant would be great. I'd love if the characters on the ship were all "adventure" themed. Think Baloo and King Louie, Carl and Russell, Aladdin and Jasmine, Turk from Tarzan, etc.

I'd also like to see less or no Marvel and Star wars on this ship. A different kids area and kids club would be awesome to see themed around those adventure movies. Overall, I'd just love a ship that doesn't share too many elements with other ships. You want Star Wars and Marvel? Awesome! The Disney Wish has that. You want those adventure movies and characters? Come on the Disney Treasure!

Remember the "let's name the new ships" thread from a few years ago? Was the Treasure ever mentioned? I love the name and I don't recall that being one of the ones people came up with. Of course that was a long time ago.

I would love a Haunted Mansion theme lounge or a Trader Sam's. If they don't do Trader Sam's then that is a huge missed opportunity....and make it large enough to fit more than a few people (Hyperspace Lounge I am looking at you).

MJ
No Treasure listed.
Atrium characters not listing Aladdin and Jasmine.
Can't post links yet, but original thread is from Sept 13 2016.

My boyfriend and I were discussing the possible things imagineers could put on the ship and one of the things we came up with and really liked was an Indiana Jones themed lounge or bar. There's a lot of flexibility. Could be more family friendly like O'Gills, but I really like the idea of making it like the "new" Meridian/Rose.

Seems like the Aladdin and Little Mermaid shows would be a better fit for the adventure theme of the Treasure rather than the Wish, since the Wish is supposed to be a "castle at sea". That said, I'd love to see an Aulani type luau and/or a Moana restaurant or show on the Treasure. Moana the Wayfinder as the aft figure too.

This certainly isn't the top of my list, but a small thing that would improve the ship experience is to use an elevator system like that at the Grand Destino tower at Disney's Coronado Springs. I have also seen this system at nice office buildings. The touch pad it outside the elevators and looks like this:

1662998815842.png

You pick the floor you want and it tells you which elevator to go to (A, B, C, or D, for example). When you enter the elevator, there aren't any buttons on the inside. It just takes you and other guests to the floors you picked before entering. It's a great system, because the elevators are much more efficient and organized. You usually get an elevator quicker and to the floor you want quicker. It has less opportunity for kids to cause you to stop needlessly too. Hopefully they will look at this option now they have learned that elevators buttons that can be activated by someone's back is a bad idea.

Last edited:
An Adventurer’s Club restaurant, complete with show, would indeed be pretty sweet.

And just to point out - the Grand Hall will have the “Aladdin” theming, not necessarily the whole ship.

I am loving the darker, more mysterious vibe of the atrium.
I'd love to see the restaurant with show.

Having been on the Wish, I think the Treasure version of Luna is begging for an overlay like the main Adventurer's Club salon space.

They GOTTA do Aladdin as one of the stage shows. I've seen it on Broadway and its awesome. Moana would be cool too, but the logistics of trying to replicate all the underwater stuff and magic seems tricky. I NEED a Haunted Mansion themed lounge centered around Madame Leota! Also would love for a slide/ride/some sort of water area thats pirates themed! Ok last thing and this is one is unrealistic... but imagine some version of the Indiana Stunt show for night entertainment. That would be next level!

Seems like the Aladdin and Little Mermaid shows would be a better fit for the adventure theme of the Treasure rather than the Wish, since the Wish is supposed to be a "castle at sea". That said, I'd love to see an Aulani type luau and/or a Moana restaurant or show on the Treasure. Moana the Wayfinder as the aft figure too.
Honestly not Treasure related, but both the Wonder and Fantasy need a show that is only on that ship. Much like the Dream has BatB and the Magic has Twice Charmed AND Tangled.

I’d LOVE a Princess & the Frog show actually, because what else says adventure like turning into a frog?

A restaurant modeled after that Tahitian Terrace Restaurant that used to be next to the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland would be cool. But I'm probably one of the few on the DIS old enough to remember this restaurant. My mom loved it. I think they took it out in the early 1970's.

That was my first thought exactly! Why did they just put Aladdin on the Wish??
I guess it keeps the ships' environments diverse, regardless of the overall "theme".

This certainly isn't the top of my list, but a small thing that would improve the ship experience is to use an elevator system like that at the Grand Destino tower at Disney's Coronado Springs. I have also seen this system at nice office buildings. The touch pad it outside the elevators and looks like this:

View attachment 701799

You pick the floor you want and it tells you which elevator to go to (A, B, C, or D, for example). When you enter the elevator, there isn't any buttons on the inside. It just takes you and other guests to the floors you picked before entering. It's a great system, because the elevators are much more efficient and organized. You usually get an elevator quicker and to the floor you want quicker. It has less opportunity for kids to cause you to stop needlessly too. Hopefully they will look at this option now they have learned that elevators buttons that can be activated by someone's back is a bad idea.
We have this at my work and I agree it would be a huge improvement over the Wish's elevators. It takes a bit of getting used to paying attention which elevator to take, but at least it would avoid elevators stopping for you when you want to go to a level the elevator can't go to, or elevators stopping when they're fully loaded and no one else can fit.

• More evening dining options (with kids) other than the MDR. A limited buffet even would be appreciated.
  • Better thought-out adult outdoor area (appropriate amount of space, plenty of shade).
  • Existence of another ship making it possible for any ship to sail out of Galveston more often. (Seems unlikely since Wonder is going to Australia)

I know the rumor is the porthole characters are possibly restaurant/lounges but is is possible they are referening ports? Maybe a west coast cuise ports?

BTW...my wants Haunted mansion themed restaurant

I would love if with the coco element in the preview if that meant they had live mariachi music somewhere on a ship (maybe as a lounge or on the atrium stage) I love the Mariache Cobre show at Epcot.

It would be cool if the Aquamouse was Neverland themed with a tink/peter pan video going to Mermaid lagoon, pirate ship, pan’s hideout etc, and a twinkly “night sky” effect on the ceiling. Like Peter Pan’s flight but a water slide.

For MDRs I would go nuts for an Encanto MDR that looks like you are in casa madrigal and a dinner show with the songs from the movie. Lin Manuel Miranda’s songs are so brilliant.

I know its unrealistic thinking, but I wish they would take some queues from other cruise lines and make more outdoor venues or windowed venues showing off the water. One thing I love about some of the newer ships are all ocean views you get from large picturesque windows or bars on the side of the ship overlooking the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter