What are you giving to your spouse/SO this year?

We haven't exchanged Christmas gifts in several years, and I kind of miss it so we talked about it and decided to get a few things for each other this year. Nothing big. Just a few small things for under the tree to open Christmas morning. It used to be so hectic when we were shopping for our kids/grandkids and had our family celebration here at our house on Christmas Day. Sometimes we couldn't even find the time to sit down with each other to open our gifts until AFTER the holiday was over. It was kind of a bummer. Plus we almost always take a winter vacation so we decided to stop exchanging gifts and just put more money into the vacation. Or, we'd each take $100 and go to the mall together and buy what we wanted.

For the past few years our family Christmas has been on a day other than Christmas Day, and we just give small token gifts to the kids/grands and then cards with $$ inside instead. So now we have TIME to do some shopping for each other and TIME to sit down and enjoy opening gifts with each other so I'm really looking forward to that this year. I bought him a couple new shirts, sweatpants (he mentioned just the other day that he doesn't have any and wished he had a pair!), chocolates with bourbon, Isotoner slippers, and some toiletries.

Got everything wrapped and put under the tree yesterday while he was out. :)
This was us exactly. It got so expensive and hectic that we decided to stop buying for each other. I thought it would make things easier. I guess it did, but we missed it. He surprised me with an IPad last year and he was so pleased with himself. He never asks for anything but he said he really wants to be able to buy me gifts. I realized that for us, it really didn’t pay to gift everyone else and neglect eachother. So Christmas is still crazy and hectic , but we buy for eachother again. :)

Next year we might forgo it for a cruise or all inclusive on the Christmas holidays but that means we wouldn’t be buying for our kids either and it would be the family gift.

He told me not to give him anything this year since he's a sneaker collector and made several purchases over the past few months. But I caved and got him a really nice jogger set. I'm a sucka!

DH bought himself a new handgun a couple of weeks ago & said that was his Christmas.

I bought the next book in the series he's reading, a lid for his Yeti tumbler, a pair of socks, shower gel, banana pancake mix (from the Jack Johnson song), & some mixed nuts for his stocking.

We're at the beach in St. Augustine this week celebrating our family Christmas, &, on Sunday, we toured a local distillery where he bought a bottle of rum & a bottle of bourbon. He also bought a couple of shirts at his favorite men's clothing store here.

I'll also stop at a local WaWa and buy her a few bags of Pumpkin Spice coffee grounds. If you don't know Wawa or have had their coffee, you don't know what you're missing. WaWa is a mid-Atlantic based convenience store (WaWa, Pennsylvania). We grew up with them, but they don't have any in GA. Over the past 5 years, they started opening locations in Florida, so when we come to WDW we get coffee.

Coffee grounds????? That's worse than getting coal in your stocking. ;) But no need to buy them. You can find all you want for free by digging thru the dumpster out back.

Thanks for the testimonial. I'm glad you like Wawa.

Bunch of stuff. Calendar, cuff link and stud set for his mess dress uniform, WWII DVD set, some WWII books, book on Andrew Jackson, umbrella, two CDs, World of Tanks gift card. Lots of little food-stuff type things.

Tried to get the "DISCO" PT shirt from the new Star Trek Discovery show, but it's back-ordered until after the first of the year - trying to decide whether or not to just cancel the order.

During a recent cruise, there was a flood that ruined my wife's designer handbag. We got a check from the cruise company to compensate us for what I originally paid for the bag. (I still had the receipt. PSA, always keep your receipts regardless of it's 6 years or more). So I took that check to partially pay and upgrade her bag.

I got DBF an iPad as his big gift. I've had everything wrapped for a while now so I don't remember what else. lol We always do a nice Christmas for each other. I hope it never changes. The only time we didn't have a lot of gifts for Christmas was when we went to Hawaii for Christmas and New Years. We each (DD, DBF and I) got one gift that year to open on Christmas morning in Kauai. The double rainbow we got on Christmas morning was pretty spectacular. I want to do Christmas in Paris sometime too.

Nothing, at least at this point. We decided kind of last-minute he'd fly across the country to visit family on Christmas Day and that plane ticket was $$$. :scared1:

I also went a little over-board with a project I did earlier in the month = Christmas budget blown :blush:. Luckily, neither of us really care that much about wrapped gifts, and there's always next year!
You could make him FUDGE!!! :love:
By the way, THANK YOU! I made your recipe and it is as awesome as you promised! I added chopped walnuts. And I am prepared to say " I appreciate you asking but I'm not allowed to share the recipe. It's an old family secret that a friend of mine shared with me."

Our families both give us Christmas presents so we have a $50 limit for each other and it works perfectly. Plus stockings. Of course, I try to get him some Disney socks every year.:yay:

Nothing. Well we are going to Disneyland so that is our gift to ourselves and we said no gifts. he looked me in the eyes and said "Are you sure" like for some reason I would still buy a gift. Well i guess he knows me better than I do I bought a joint present for him and DD. They have both been wanting walkie talkies probably to complain about me on them lol. But it is not really a gift although it is wrapped..:santa:. Other than that we do not have a tree but we are doing white elephant with my family and another game with gifts.

DH's main gift is a smartwatch, and I also got him several other items including a gaming keyboard. Really went all out this year....he has around 10 gifts under the tree, and 3 or 4 in his stocking. We open stockings christmas night! :santa:

I'm giving my DW NOTHING!!! Hahaha Actually, we bought ourselves a new 43" 4K TV, so that's our present to both of us.

Sometimes we couldn't even find the time to sit down with each other to open our gifts until AFTER the holiday was over.

We always open our gifts to each other sometime on Christmas Eve (day before if DH works Christmas Eve). Sometimes after the kids go to bed, sometimes not.

I got DH a Google Home as his "big gift" and also got him some clothes, a 2-wheel dolly (which he will never use, but really wanted), some body wash from Bath and Body Works in "bourbon" scent and a few other small things that I can't remember because they are already wrapped.

DH is getting a computer (that he desperately needs), a Tampa Rays wallet (He gets one every Christmas. They're cheap & wear out with a years use, so it's a yearly tradition.), some tools he wanted, a cable tester, a portable phone charger & some phone charging cables. In his stocking, he's getting Miami Dolphin pens, a razor w/refills, AA & AAA batteries & 2 pair of lounge pants with matching tees. Our stockings are huge & his won't be full, because of what he bought me. He epically failed, with the best intentions for my gift.

I always ask for tickets & a hotel room for the Tar Heels to play a Florida team. This year it's FSU. My niece's family lives in the Pensacola area, which is much closer to FSU than we are. We live near University of Miami. We always meet up for the games. DH hadn't heard from my niece, so he panicked & bought us lower level seats for the game. When he talked to her, she had already bought tickets for us. He felt he needed to tell me that he messed up. Now, we have to pay for two sets of lower levels seats. :scared: He tried, but I really didn't want to pay for two sets of expensive tickets. At least, he tried. I'm trying to see that as a positive now. He has been instucted to not buy me any stocking stuffers. :laughing:

Last edited:
You could make him FUDGE!!! :love:
By the way, THANK YOU! I made your recipe and it is as awesome as you promised! I added chopped walnuts. And I am prepared to say " I appreciate you asking but I'm not allowed to share the recipe. It's an old family secret that a friend of mine shared with me."
Glad you like it (who wouldn't, right?), and you wouldn't believe how hard I am laughing over the bolded! :lmao: Thanks for that much needed giggle! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter