~What Are You Doing With Your Old TV's?~

WDWVillain

DIS Veteran
I am starting to do the switch to LCD's or DLP's TV's in my house. Now I know the switch is not till 2009, but I have some decent TV's here, what should I do with them? Not sure if it is worth it to try to sell them, maybe I should donate them somewhere? any thoughts out there?....what have you all done?
thanks......

I've given some to a local Vietnam Vets organization that comes around and collects donated items once a month or so.

I thought they still worked as long as you have a converter. I understand that my tvs will still work because I have a digital satellite feed. There should still be a market for your old tvs.

I thought they still worked as long as you have a converter. I understand that my tvs will still work because I have a digital satellite feed. There should still be a market for your old tvs.

they can still work, but they said it will take to much to keep it analog....so it is a great excuse to buy new!!:thumbsup2

I would just donate it to whatever local charity you have that runs a thrift store, but I'm sure you could sell them at a yard sale or on craig's list if you wanted to.

I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of the old tv's yet. We have replaced a couple, but since the ones in the bedrooms still work fine, I am in no hurry to run out snd buy new.
The prices will drop even more on the LCD's before 2009. Look at how much the prices on Plasma's have come down. Used to be you couldn't touch a plasma for less than 10K when they first came out. Now you can trot out to BJ's or Costco and get a 46" for less than $2,000!

I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of the old tv's yet. We have replaced a couple, but since the ones in the bedrooms still work fine, I am in no hurry to run out snd buy new.
The prices will drop even more on the LCD's before 2009. Look at how much the prices on Plasma's have come down. Used to be you couldn't touch a plasma for less than 10K when they first came out. Now you can trot out to BJ's or Costco and get a 46" for less than $2,000!
I am getting a 32' LCD...for 599, and it is worth 1089. trust me, done the research, and this is my b-day present!! so why not! I am waiting to get the one in the living room, I just want a nice one now in bedroom

I put them out at my last garage sale. 2 sold and the one that didn't went to the Goodwill.

I would just donate it to whatever local charity you have that runs a thrift store, but I'm sure you could sell them at a yard sale or on craig's list if you wanted to.
Our local charities will not accept them anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter