What are you doing for New Years?

PoohBWV

<font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro
We are hanging around the house eating seafood and party foods and watching movies. I just don't feel like going out, spending a ton of money and waking up hung over on the first day of the New Year! Even my dd's 19 and 20 and their friends are just hanging out at either our house or their friends. They don't want to fight the crowds at the local bars. We might go and watch the fireworks display at 9:00 p.m. tonight, but other than that we won't be venturing far. And we'll probably be watching Regis drop the ball at midnight.

What is everyone else doing?

We're heading out of town to my DB's and then with another couple we'll all be (trying) to bowl! :rolleyes: Before and after our attempt at bowling we'll be munching away on appetizers and goodies then the traditional champagne toast at 12. :flower1:

Happy New Year Pooh! :Pinkbounc

My DH,DS(13) and I will be staying home also. We usually watch Dick Clark in Times Square for the countdown, but this year, I have heard that Regis Philbin is hosting the countdown (because Dick Clark has had a stroke).

I am also going to enjoy some "goodies" before midnight, as I want to start dieting to lose a few pounds before I head to WDW at the end of February.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! :cheer2:
Carol :wave:

We are heading over to B & SIL's for a quiet get together. Does anyone else get the feeling that New Years Eve has just become another night and it is not the must to event of the year anymore??

We're leaving for Whistler in an hour with another family to ski and stroll the village. Wish everyone a happy new year!!!

We're keeping things pretty low-key this New Years, bbq-ing some steaks, having lobster tails, and mixing up a few Pink Russians. :cutie:

We were are the LCBO earlier, what a zoo!!!! I think we collected a ton of Air Miles points! ;) :)

Have a fun, safe, very Happy New Year's everyone!! :) :)

We're in the middle of a blizzard here :( so its movies and junk food for us tonight and try to find our cars in all that snow tomorrow .... I see a little trace of blue sticking out...that must be one of them, lol.

Happy New Year, Everyone!!

I saw on last night's news that you guys were getting hammered out there! Hasn't the snow stopped yet?

Not to rub it in or anything, but here it's a balmy (record breaking?) 50F out!!! Amazing! :) We'll probably pay for it in a couple of days.... :duck:

DH is outside BBQ'ing some steaks and we've rented 3 DVD's to watch on our new home theatre system that we bought during the Boxing Week sales. We're probably not going to make it til midnight though. We usually don't!! We're so boring. My DH is on the Ski Patrol and he has to be up at 6:30 am to patrol tomorrow morning and I still have my lovely migraine that I have had for months so I can't stay up that late without it getting much worse!! My DS10 really wants to stay up though, so we'll see if we can stay up for him at least!

Snowwark -- you read our mind. We are having steak and lobster tails (frozen though). No alcohol though as the medication I'm on and alcohol don't mix. :crazy: Darn that -- no extra airmiles for me I'm afraid.

Just staying in and watching movies. DS isn't feeling well so he isn't going out either.

Will hopefully make it til midnight but who knows.

We are also very boring!! Staying in, eating muchies, and watching the Live Aid Concert DVD that DH got for Christmas. DD, 13, will finally see some of the great bands of all time perform live. Up early tomorrow to finishing packing and off to Disney Sunday morning.

Happy New Year

Nepean

Both boys have plans with their friends, I have a couple of movies to watch along with some munchies. Dh will probably be snoring long before midnight as he's tired from returning late last night from a 3 day business trip. :rolleyes:

I'm more looking forward to our tradition of NY's Day Brunch at the Elm Hurst Inn, in Ingersoll.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Hey Everybody!
Wishing You and Yours A Very Happy and Safe New Year's!

We are waiting for the 9 pm La Nouba show to start and just taking a break here at DQ

Scratch & DD

Hi Janet! Happy New Year to you and DD! Wish I was there with you! Hope you've been having a great time!

Happy New year!! Our is special since it is the first with our daughter (2 months old). Last year was spectacular since we were in front of THE CASTLE.

Hey Janet, great to hear from you!! :wave: I hope you and DD had a fab New Years! :)

Awwww....surfer_ed, that's so sweet! I hope your little DD stayed awake till midnight? ;) :)

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter