What are you carrying around???

eapawsat

Earning My Ears
This may sound silly, but I am curious to know how much stuff people are carrying around on a daily basis on board. I know our KTTW replaces all $$, etc. but I'm not sure I'll want or need to haul around and therefore what type/size bag to bring. Thanks for any advice.

This may sound silly, but I am curious to know how much stuff people are carrying around on a daily basis on board. I know our KTTW replaces all $$, etc. but I'm not sure I'll want or need to haul around and therefore what type/size bag to bring. Thanks for any advice.

On ship nothing bar card and usually camara and video for pictures at any time, port wise we have a bag to hold some clothes suncream etc.

I usually don't carry anything except my camera and the day's Navigator. I have a lanyard with a sleeve on the end for my KTTW card. Anything else I leave in the room and get as needed.

When I leave my room it's with the intention of not going back for some time, therefore I carry a small tote with me. It has my little camera, navigator, my Palm (cause I never go anywhere without it), a lipstick, nailfile (cause my nails are just breaking all the time), usually a book and some other odds and ends.

My KTTW lanyard is the waterproof "box" kind so has room for my KTTW and a folded up Navigator if I want.

For shore-excursions I have an unfashionable fanny pack that I wear as a tummy pack and a lanyard water bottle. They were selling the water bottles with lanyards on board as we left for shore excursions. If you ask, you can buy just the lanyard part and use your own water bottles. It's my favorite souvenir. It's great to take when I go walking.

I too have a small bag that I carry our KTTW cards, camera, smokes (yeah yeah) small brush, hair scrunchies, dental floss (my crown sucks), sun screen, bug spray and the navagators.

I will carry all the above all the time.

Then for shore excruisions I have a larger tote (not to big) but I can carry water bottles, snacks and any trinkets we pick up along the way.

KTTW card and NEVER, ever, ever leave your room without your camera. You just never know what photo-op is going to happen. :goodvibes

I just keep my KTWC and navigator in the lanyard around my neck. I also take my camera often which is in a little case with a shoe string size handle. I do carry a bag to CC which is the size of just a little beach bag. Purses etc. tend to stay in the room. The very first cruise, I carried around a video recorder, never again for me. Still photos work great. I still have the motto- "hands free is the way to be." :hippie:

Like others just your kttw card and camera. For shore excursions and by the pool I always like to take a beach bag or backpack.

Thanks for all the great advice.;) I guess I'm just so used to carrying everything in my purse and I don't want to be running back and forth to the room. We will have DD5 and DS4 with us so I'll have there necessities also.:woohoo: On that topic, I've heard where soda is free, I primarily drink water which I'll bring or pick up at Key West but what is readily available for the kids...they don't do soda....lemonade, milk?

Thanks for all the great advice.;) I guess I'm just so used to carrying everything in my purse. What is readily available for the kids...they don't do soda....lemonade, milk?

There is a punch and lemonade choice up there too. I do not do soda either. No milk there though. Are you one of those BIG purse ladies? Do not worry, no need to keep much with you. Even little kids do not need much besides a big stomach while on the ship. They probably will be busy in the clubs when they get there. Most people I see do not have anything with them. Sometimes I see people with sun screen and a book when laying by the pool with sun glasses on, but not too much. I have to convience my best friend who is going with us this next cruise, that she doesn't need anything either (she is a BIG purse lady, COACH should be her middle name). It will only take you one afternoon to realize you do not need it, trust me. Have a great cruise....... Happy Cruizen... :hippie:

There is a punch and lemonade choice up there too. I do not do soda either. No milk there though. Are you one of those BIG purse ladies? Do not worry, no need to keep much with you. Even little kids do not need much besides a big stomach while on the ship. They probably will be busy in the clubs when they get there. Most people I see do not have anything with them. Sometimes I see people with sun screen and a book when laying by the pool with sun glasses on, but not too much. I have to convience my best friend who is going with us this next cruise, that she doesn't need anything either (she is a BIG purse lady, COACH should be her middle name). It will only take you one afternoon to realize you do not need it, trust me. Have a great cruise....... Happy Cruizen... :hippie:

I would get milk on Deck 9 at the soda station as recent as the first Med cruise. Did they take it away since then?

On my cruise last year, I had my KTTW card in a lanyard around my neck. I carried around a small mesh bag -- in it I had a magazine, my MP3 player (Disney MixStick, Tinkerbell, with spiffier earbuds that I bought separately -- the sound quality is just fine for me ;) and I love that my MP3 player is Disney), my camera (never left the room without it), and suntan lotion. I wore my sunglasses. Oh, and I always have some kleenex too. That's it.

When I went ashore I had ID, a little bit of money, my credit card, camera, suntan lotion and kleenex. :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No offense, but WHAT on earth would you need a Palm for?

Mine has everything in it - including a camera - makes it convenient for those sudden moments when I've forgotten the camera.

I also use it to track WW points, to play games, to make notes to myself when I need to, set an alarm, check the time (I don't wear a watch)...

Those of us who are Palm addicts are Palm addicts!! :)

my Palm (cause I never go anywhere without it),

That's so funny, b/c I was going to anwer: "definitely won't be carrying my Blackberry!!!":headache: Yes, I do expect it will work (worked fine in St. Thomas on my Eastern Magic cruise!:rolleyes1 ). I figure for a few days vacation time, I just don't need to know!!!!:rotfl: My name is Jen and I am a recovered Crackberry addict.:thumbsup2

That's so funny, b/c I was going to anwer: "definitely won't be carrying my Blackberry!!!":headache: Yes, I do expect it will work (worked fine in St. Thomas on my Eastern Magic cruise!:rolleyes1 ). I figure for a few days vacation time, I just don't need to know!!!!:rotfl: My name is Jen and I am a recovered Crackberry addict.:thumbsup2

Honest to god there are now support groups for people who are addicted to their Blackberries and Palms, sort of like Alcoholics Anonymous.

We have 2 reporters at work who are married, and she has made it clear that HE is not to touch his Blackberry on the weekends.

No offense, but WHAT on earth would you need a Palm for?

I have all the cruise information on it, like what time we will dock somewhere, what time to be back on board, what time my excursions are. I don't have the best memory in the world (an accident) and have been known to miss excursions.

I have all the cruise information on it, like what time we will dock somewhere, what time to be back on board, what time my excursions are. I don't have the best memory in the world (an accident) and have been known to miss excursions.

I just keep a Navigator with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter