What are the weirdest complaints you have heard in WDW?

At Epcot a woman screamed at Mushu because his handwriting was sloppy and he "ruined" her daughter's autograph book. Then the scariest gurgling noise came out of Mushu. His CM said "Now Mushu you know you're not allowed to breathe fire on our guests!" :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: That is funny!

I always hear the fast pass/cutting comments. I just ignore them and continue on my way!

Okay - I'll admit this one is from me.....and is a tale DGF and DNephew have loved to tell for the last 4 years...."We can't do that then....that's the time I planned for us to be spontaneous". :lmao:

Yea, I know - planning to be spontaneous is an oxymoron......I can't help it, I'm a complusive planner

Just this past weekend I was in Maryland for my mother's cousin's wedding. While we were in town, we visited my aunt and uncle on my father's side with whom we're planning a WDW trip for this May. We also met up with my dad's best friend from high school, Sharon, and her husband Jim. Sharon and Jim had just been to WDW and had also done this indoor skydiving thing that uses a huge wind machine/tunnel thing. They were describing it to everyone and when my uncle said, "That sounds cool, we should do that," I said, "You can do it on Thursday, Thursday's your free day." I was only half kidding.

I have heard complaints about the rain. What are we supposed to do about it? It's been rehabbed since 2004, but when I worked at the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playground in Disney-MGM Studios, the floor was made out of rubber. That ground up tire stuff. That way, if a kid falls, they're not hurt too badly. But if it rained, we had to shut down. After it had stopped raining, we had to wait about 20-30 minutes (in case it started up again), wipe and squeejee everything down, and re-open. Why? Because wet rubber does not a safe playground make.

I can't tell you the number of times we were harassed about that. Would you rather I let your kid run around, slip and then slide face first into an overgrown blade of grass?

I knew this thread sounded familiar!

Someone was complaining (a full grown man) and really upset after "It's Tough To Be a Bug" because he swore he had been stung. Not just joking about the "stinging" but super upset that he believed he had really been stabbed with some fake stinger in the back. The mind is a powerful thing.

Well, you do get jabbed in the back. Maybe he didn't like it very much.

Once at the AK in the "It's tough to be a Bug" movie, there was a family from South Africa in front of us. when everyone scurried in to get their seats and sat down there was not enough room for one of their kids to sit. Since everyone had already sat down (and I mean it was packed), when they asked if everyone could scoot down the guy at the end of the room simply asked if she wanted him to sit on the floor. She made her entire family get up and leave and said they were going home immdediatley because she could no loner tolerate rude Americans. I can't help but remeber thinking "I hope they didn't just get here today.

We were in the Land Pavillion and a woman was standing in front of the escalator waiting for her family to catch up. She was blocking it so we went around her. As we did she made a comment that she "had never seen so many rude people in all her life". I turned back and gave her my biggest smile. I guess blocking the entire escalator isn't considered rude where she's from?

I always think it's funny to hear people complain about the returning fastpass people SKIPPING in line. I realize that not every visitor to WDW spends hours on the DIS before their trip.................but come on! Fastpass is advertised EVERYWHERE and it's available to EVERYONE! How long can it take someone who is smart enough to FIND WDW to figure out the fast pass thing?:lmao:

Fastpass is not available to everyone....This is a Benefit that stay onsite.

it is only available to guests staying on WDW property other than the Swan and the Dolphin, so the people complaining are those that don't have the option of fastpass or EMH's

it is only available to guests staying on WDW property other than the Swan and the Dolphin, so the people complaining are those that don't have the option of fastpass or EMH's
Fastpass is available to any guest staying onsite or offsite, with their park ticket they used to get in. I think you are confusing that for the Extra Magic Hours.

it is only available to guests staying on WDW property other than the Swan and the Dolphin, so the people complaining are those that don't have the option of fastpass

Well, most of us know that isn't true.

We were in line for Safari at AK in 2002 behind another family. You could just tell the mother was a complainer. She was complaining this time about Fastpass and that it was the worst thing Disney had ever come up with and was ruining Disney. We just laughed.

"How much does Fast Pass cost? Is it worth the money?"

I think questions like that are little tests from God to see if you're honest and kind, or if you're evil and will answer, "It costs $30 extra and no, it's not worth it."

Doesn't Universal do something like this for only people staying on their property? I've never been to Universal, but I've heard that before. Maybe you're getting mixed up w/Universal.

We were in line for Safari at AK in 2002 behind another family. You could just tell the mother was a complainer. She was complaining this time about Fastpass and that it was the worst thing Disney had ever come up with and was ruining Disney. We just laughed.

:rotfl: she just must have gotten to the machine to late.

Doesn't Universal do something like this for only people staying on their property? I've never been to Universal, but I've heard that before. Maybe you're getting mixed up w/Universal.

Yeah, I know Universal does that. Only people staying at 1 of the 3 UO hotels can get express unless "regular" guests want to pay money to purchase express passes.

Whoo! What you smoking? Pass it this way ok!! ;)

Just teasing.....but Fastpass is available to everyone. Just slide your ticket media in (be it paper, ticket on yoru room key, AP, whatever) and you get the FastPass.

This actually happened at DL, and it was a mother complaining to her husband & kids. They had just gotten burgers & fries at a place near Space Mtn, and not wanting to waste any time, they got in line behind us at the Matterhorn & attempted to eat their food while in line. After a few minutes of juggling burgers, fries, ketchup, drinks, etc., the exasperated mom finally shouts, "Why can't we just sit down and eat like normal people?!" :lmao: I got the impression they do a lot of eating on the run!

When I was at DisneyQuest in December, I was near the cash register when this lady pushed me out of the way to get the cash register. She then proceeded to tell the poor CM that she was dying of dehydration (very seriously) and they immediately need to give her some water. The CM gave her directions to the nearest water fountain and she proceeded to yell at the CM saying that there was no way she would ever drink out of a water fountain.

I had to laugh, and when the lady left, the CM laughed with me.

ok my favorite was when i was walking around Magic Kingdom and i heard a group of adults talking and they asked " why are there so many children here, i'm on vacation." really come on now need i say more????

Amd my all time favorite is " why is it so hot?" Maybe because you are in FLORIDA??? LOL

When I was at DisneyQuest in December, I was near the cash register when this lady pushed me out of the way to get the cash register. She then proceeded to tell the poor CM that she was dying of dehydration (very seriously) and they immediately need to give her some water. The CM gave her directions to the nearest water fountain and she proceeded to yell at the CM saying that there was no way she would ever drink out of a water fountain.

I had to laugh, and when the lady left, the CM laughed with me.

I wonder if she is related to the person my family refers to as "The Big C".

We were waiting in line at the Grand Floridian Gingerbread house, got to the front to make my purchase and was pushed aside by some woman who said very snottily "excuse me but I am staying concierge" . :confused3

The CM kindly directed her to the looooooong line while saying she was sorry but she would need to wait in the line that had formed. If you have ever bought anything at the GF Gingerbreadhouse you know how incredibly long this line can get.

This woman would just have NONE OF THAT and proceeded to pitch a big fit. The poor CM tried and tried to explain to the woman that while staying in concierge does get you certain amenities it does not allow you to go to the front of the line.

The woman finally stormed off but not before telling the CM she was going to have her fired.

Well...Happy Holidays to you too Big C! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter