What are the Little things you MUST do on a Disney trip?

As an AP, I go to Disney pretty often and do different things. But repeat things I love doing:
MK: Dole Whip or Citrus Swirl & Space Mountain! & Donald Duck in Mexico
Epcot: La Cava Avocado Margarita & relaxing on Spaceship Earth
Hollywood Studios: Sci Fi Diner (I am going for my 3rd time in a year on my next trip, I love this place!)
Animal Kingdom: Dole Whips ...with rum! and I love watching the monkeys & Expedition Everest

There are other things I really love about Disney, such as a visit to the Polynesian and relaxing and having drinks there...

Dole Pineapple Whip, a picture in front of the castle, and tears of joy when we see the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" sign when we enter the resort :earboy2:

My wife and I are in our 60's and travel down to WDW every year. Our must list goes like this. We must go to the Magic Kingdom right after we check in at the resort. The sight of the Castle always brings a tear to our eyes and cements the fact that we are back again. We must have a Mickey Ice Cream Bar every day. I must have the Bounty breakfast every morning. I must get up first every morning to shower, shave, dress and then go for my coffee and a walk around the resort (All Star Music) while my wife gets up and readies herself for the day. We must get our picture taken in front of the Castle. And finally, we must end our vacation by once again visiting the Magic Kingdom. We usually sit in one of the rocking chairs on the big porch in the front and watch the parade of people pass us by. When it's time to go back to the resort to catch the Magical Express (or at this time, the "Bad Bus") to go to the airport we stand in the middle of Main Street and say goodbye to Mickey, thank Walt for his creation, shed another tear and go home.

This brought a tear to my eye. Hubs and I are in our late thirties and have no children. Ever since our Disneymoon 7 years ago we have visited WDW and DL 6 times in total. We both fell in love with the Magic that is Disney. It's our hope that in 20 to 30 years from now that a similar post to this could be our story. This already sounds like us now...lol

Our must do is going to Epcot on our first day to eat at Teppan Edo. its been a tradition since our Disneymoon :)

Ok- hubby and I will play along:
DH: Find at least one new hidden Mickey, ride the Main Street Firetruck, get spit on by the camel in Adventureland, play on light up squares in Innoventions at night, enjoy the music in the different themed areas, eat at Cape May for breakfast
Moi: check into hotel and smell the lobby (makes it real), ride POC and sing, ride the carousel at night, sample adult beverages at the pool while watching the kids play in the splash pads, and watch the monorail, ice cream at main street ice cream parlor

Dole whips
Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian - it's so peaceful, and a chance just to enjoy the beautiful surroundings
Dinner at the Biergarten in Germany
Ride Tower of Terror

first day must dos
-Ride the magic Express
-go to character warehouse and load up on 90% off Disney goodies. we spend hours in there!
-Disney spring for dinner and hot air balloon ride
Where is the Character Warehouse??

We always take a picture outside Crystal Palace.
We always try to watch the Electrical Water Pageant.

This brought a tear to my eye. Hubs and I are in our late thirties and have no children. Ever since our Disneymoon 7 years ago we have visited WDW and DL 6 times in total. We both fell in love with the Magic that is Disney. It's our hope that in 20 to 30 years from now that a similar post to this could be our story. This already sounds like us now...lol

Our must do is going to Epcot on our first day to eat at Teppan Edo. its been a tradition since our Disneymoon :)

It can be! We started visiting in 1986 and it's still magical.

take the carriage ride up to the castle at MK and people watch and view castle.
Miss the penny arcade.............
glad my kids got to see it before they blew it out for useless merchandise stores

Very helpful board. Never got the fudge! Darn. My fiancé and I had a tradition to open our sliding doors every night to hear the Electrical Parade boats cruse past our room every single night. It's now our mission to get back there and hear it one last time before closing the parade in October. Also get a chili dog at Cassie's Corner.

I like to bring home some Mickey head rice krisrie treats (with the chocolate on the ears) - we don't have those kind of rice krispie treats (in any shape) at home, and I have one every day for however many days my excess DDP snacks have allowed, and make my vacation stretch out longer.

Very helpful board. Never got the fudge! Darn. My fiancé and I had a tradition to open our sliding doors every night to hear the Electrical Parade boats cruse past our room every single night. It's now our mission to get back there and hear it one last time before closing the parade in October. Also get a chili dog at Cassie's Corner.
Did you hear something about the Electrical Water Pageant ending? I hope not!! I thought just the Main Street Electrical Parade was stopping (which is bad enough). :(

For the DW, DS11, and I it is straight to Magic Kingdom. Then get a cupcake from Main Street Bakery stand on Main Street and ENJOY!!!! Now the other end of things is when we leave we head to Poly for breakfast at Kona for YUM YUM TONGA TOAST!!!! These are the two things that HAVE to be done on our trip all other things are optional.

Did you hear something about the Electrical Water Pageant ending? I hope not!! I thought just the Main Street Electrical Parade was stopping (which is bad enough). :(

Thank you DISBoards for helping me discover this fact! I didn't know they were two different things! Fueeew.:thanks:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter