What are the lime green ribbons for?

abwdreaming

Mouseketeer
Hi I'm new and have read several postings staying to either look for the lime green ribbons or to wear lime green ribbons. Just what is the purpose of these ribbons? I really am Disney Obsessed and just can't seem to find a connection! We are taking our first trip to WDW 12/19 - 12/25 YC and really need to know if this is something my family should know about. Like is it related to Donald Duck? Mickey is black and red so maybe one of the princesses. Ohhhhh I just can't figure it out. Thanks to everyone for all the info. Our first trip is going to be wonderful.

Welcome to the DIS, <b>abwdreaming</b>, I'm really glad you found us. I hope you can visit often. We have lots of fun planning trips here.

Lime green has become the "official" color of the DIS. Many times DISers wear lime green ribbons so that other DISers can recognize them. It's a way to get to meet other DISers :)

Oh dear, I really do feel rather silly for asking my question. Probably should change my name to Dopey Guess I should have realized what the ribbons were for. Thank you for letting me know. When I'm in WDW I will look for anyone wearing a lime green ribbon and give you a big smile. It was nice of you not to make fun of me. Hope you all have a magical night.

We'll be there from the 6th till the 20th of December and if you see my Lime Green Ribbon, I expect more than a smile...I want a hello!:jester:

Glad you found us..

p.s. I didn't know what the ribbons were for till I had been on here a month, so don't feel bad... ;)

Since finding the DIS a few years back, I have worn green ribbons on each trip. . Almost every time, I have been spotted by other DISers who have seen them on the BACK of my waist pouch while standing in a line. I tie them to the front and back, but I guess they are easier to spot on the back.

abwdreaming: I will be there the same time as you! Wear your lime green ribbon and I will be on the lookout for you!

Angie

thank you for the friendly posts - it really made me feel better tonight. I will wear my lime green ribbon when in WDW. It was nice to be thought of tonight.

Now that the DIS store is open, I'll order my lime green t-shirt! But, since I will probably not be doing laundry on my vacation, I'll order a DIS pin too! I'll attached some lime green ribbons to it and I'll wearing it on my green DIS fanny pack on the other days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter