What are the Crowds Like Right now?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
Hoping to be in DL on Monday May 2nd....but what are the crowds like right now? Whats the average wait time for rides without fastpass? Thanks.

and I thought it was crowded! It just seemed like there were people everywhere.
I am sorry that I do not have a lot of ride times to share as I was with DD and we only rode a few things. When I got my FP for Buzz, the line was short, maybe 20 minutes, but when we went back to ride(1 1/2 hr later) it was much longer, I would guess 40 min. Small world was about a 15 min wait.
Fantasyland was packed, we just kept on going to the "little patch of heaven" to see the animals.

tinkerbell13 said:
and I thought it was crowded! It just seemed like there were people everywhere.
I am sorry that I do not have a lot of ride times to share as I was with DD and we only rode a few things. When I got my FP for Buzz, the line was short, maybe 20 minutes, but when we went back to ride(1 1/2 hr later) it was much longer, I would guess 40 min. Small world was about a 15 min wait.
Fantasyland was packed, we just kept on going to the "little patch of heaven" to see the animals.

Tink
Please reply as to whether you were there on Saturday or Sunday. Thanks

Since her post said today, I'm guessing she meant yesterday (monday). Mondays are often more crowded that most people would think.

I would think there's a good chance it will be busy since it's so close to the 5th. But that's just a guess :p

Well I am thinking that all of the ticket deals seem to end on Apr. 28th, so possibly they are trying to keep crowds down between the 29th-4th? I have been hunting ebay for tickets, and 99% of them have to be used before the 28th. Also, there is LOTS of availability at hotels in the area, and some very low rates at hotels that normally charge more. I think we are going to chance it! How often can a kid spend a 9th bday in Disneyland? I ebayed my brains out again and did very very well......we have to be in LA (most of it paid for by someone else - business), so I am going to splurge on DL for 2 days!

One reason that it might be crowded is that, believe it or not, it is still Spring Break season. I'm from the SF Bay area, and a number of schools around here (including my DS's) are out this week. DL is a popular destination during spring break.
My guess is that the week before the 5th will be less crowded.

We were there friday night some things were more crowded than i expected, others were less. We walked on everything in toontown, pirates looked to be a walk on too. Mainstreet however was wall to wall people. I didn't see many people in line just walking around.

Also yes, Disney considers this week to be the last week of spring break.

Lollipop's Mom said:
Hoping to be in DL on Monday May 2nd....but what are the crowds like right now? Whats the average wait time for rides without fastpass? Thanks.
Two trips in one year?! Things must be going well for you! I say get the Fastpass whenever possible. We did this for our recent trip to WDW and it worked out really well.

roscodog said:
Tink
Please reply as to whether you were there on Saturday or Sunday. Thanks
Jen is right! I was there on Monday.
The crowds are definitely do-able, and I agree about everyone trying to use up their passes that expire on the 28th(my birthday).
I know about the Monday crowd thing, always better to go on T W TH, but MIL is coming on Wed, my only other day to go this week. I was still considering going though :p

Well 2 trips in one year is just a fluke. We haven't been in 5 years, the something very special happened for my daughter this year and we have to be back in LA on the 30th for something!! Ok I will spill it....Mary Jo is bugging me to....and I have to be a proud mom here....
Meg was nominated for a Young Artist Award (Like the Oscars for kids). She has a best actress nomination and we are soooo thrilled!!!! She has been acting since age 4 and done about 30 films/tv (mostly Independent) and some commercials! Soooo she gets to walk the red carpet and schmooze with the child stars. So we will be in LA for 4 days, and it lands on her bday. I wanted to take advantage of this trip and take her to DL on her bday!!!! Ok there ya' go Mary Jo...I spilled the beans.

Mary Jo said:
Well, it's about time!!!

... and I won't say that she is also in "Are We There Yet" :crazy:

:teeth:

Congrats to your daughter for the nomination, Lollipop's mom! I was thinking if "Are We There Yet" is out on DVD this summer, it would be a good one to get the kids for our road trip to Disneyland. I wanted to get them a movie to surprise them with (among other things) when they start to get bored. We haven't seen that movie yet, and I know my 9 yo dd wants to see it. :flower:

Lollipop's Mom said:
Well 2 trips in one year is just a fluke. We haven't been in 5 years, the something very special happened for my daughter this year and we have to be back in LA on the 30th for something!! Ok I will spill it....Mary Jo is bugging me to....and I have to be a proud mom here....
Meg was nominated for a Young Artist Award (Like the Oscars for kids). She has a best actress nomination and we are soooo thrilled!!!! She has been acting since age 4 and done about 30 films/tv (mostly Independent) and some commercials! Soooo she gets to walk the red carpet and schmooze with the child stars. So we will be in LA for 4 days, and it lands on her bday. I wanted to take advantage of this trip and take her to DL on her bday!!!! Ok there ya' go Mary Jo...I spilled the beans.
Very cool and congratulations! Win or lose, it's great that she got nominated. Make the most of it and have a great time!

We just got back Sat. evening. We were there on Tues, Thurs, and Fri last week and had a blast but it was crowded! Luckily, we expected it would be and did pretty well with getting there early & getting FPs. I believe Splash got up to a 2 HOUR wait on one of the afternoons we were there. The FPs for the major attractions in Cal. Adventure were all gone by 2 pm or so on Thursday. My BIL's family didn't make it out of their hotel early enough and ended up taking an hour just to park and make it over on the tram. They got to the parking lot at around 9:20 am (DL opened at 9:00 am). We got there at about 8:30ish each day (earlier on early entry day) and got parking spaces right by the escalators and didn't have a problem waiting for the trams. Feel free to ask any questions! Common wait times for Soarin' was 35-50 min. depending on time of day, Grizzly River Run had about an hour wait in the afternoon. The popular DL rides were similar wait times in the busy times of the day. Regardless, we had lots of fun & taught my BIL's family how to utilize FP. It was great to breeze by the crowds in standby. We never waited longer than 20 min. or so in a FP line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter