What are the benefits of booking air through Disney?

ahain

Thankful & Blessed
Besides Disney "knowing" the status of your flights, are there other benefits of having Disney book your air? For example, If the cruise is cancelled, do you get a "generic" refund (not person-specific) of air if booked through Disney whereas you would only get an e-credit (per person) if booked directly through the airline? Other benefits? TIA

Besides Disney "knowing" the status of your flights, are there other benefits of having Disney book your air? For example, If the cruise is cancelled, do you get a "generic" refund (not person-specific) of air if booked through Disney whereas you would only get an e-credit (per person) if booked directly through the airline? Other benefits? TIA

If the cruise is cancelled and you’ve booked DCL air, 100% of cruise, air and insurance if purchased is returned to you with 1 call.
I found this appealing after a lot of grief trying to get my air funds returned after a cancelled Italy land trip last year. I did purchase DCL air for a Greek Isles cruise next year. I was required to purchase DCL’s trip insurance .(wasn’t thrilled with that)
Long ago if you purchased DCL air, transfers were included which was nice.

Depending on the period of the year when you travel and the number of seats left on the flights you are looking at, you might pay less for the same flights going through DCL. They offer a flat rate while airlines do price surges.

The opposite might also be true. The airline might discount the flight while DCL will always offer the regular rate.

With our first cancellation for Italy/Greece, booking air through them was a bonus. When the cruise cancelled, everything was refund-cruise, air, insurance. We did not lose any money. Thankfully. And we had a great price on our airfare. Definitely worth checking out

In terms of drawbacks, though, it is my understanding that if YOU choose to cancel as permitted by their policies, you may be out of luck. At least that is what Adventures by Disney guests are being told, if they booked air with Disney. No joke. No credit at all, per Disney, you are just out of luck.

So I would be very crisp on the details in that scenario before booking. See the following thread starting around post #70 on page 4

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fall-2021-abd-river-cruises.3845465/page-4

One other question....Will DCL book through Delta? or only through United?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter