What are my chances of getting BWV at 7 months out?

Originally posted by Dopey Sharon
Question...would you think that the Disney reservations site is a good tool to use when looking for availablity at a DVC resort? I went there and put in my dates, checking all DVC resorts. As of yesterday, VWL and OKW were the only ones with one bedrooms available. Or, does the DVC have blocks of rooms reserved for their members that wouldn't show up on the Disney site.

The inventory of rooms available for points reservations is separate from the inventory available for cash reservations. There may be rooms available for cash but none for points and vice versa. So no, the Disney reservations web site is of no value if you are looking for availability for a points reservation. MS is the only source of valid information on room inventory available for points reservations.

I've done it, but I am usually booking for odd times of the year, like October, November or January. I also request a standard view(less points at BWV) but often wind up with them telling me all that's left are preferred views(more points) because all the DVCers with the 11 month window (the folks who have BWV as their home resort) have booked up the standard views.

I've had no problems with BWV this year. Called in January and booked May, a 1 bedroom, told there was plenty of inventory.

today, we decided to change our studio 10/29 - 11/3 at BWV to a 1 bedroom...advised there were plenty to choose from INCLUDING multiple standard views. We booked the standard view..which prior to BCV was almost impossible to obtain if you didn't grab one at the 11 or 10 month window.

A lot of folks are trying BCV, which leaves lots of room this year at BWV...

good luck!

We just booked a week at BWV and are leaving next Sunday, March 9. Our home resort is OKW and due to family concerns couldn't book before last week. We asked for any available DVC resort (there were none available) and were put on a wait list. We got a phone call on Wednesday and when we returned it we got 1 week at BWV. It helps if you give several options-view, size of unit etc.
I would ask at the 7 month window and see what is available. If your dates/unit size are not available ask to be wait listed. And if necessary split your time between the 2 resorts. In early November you should be able to get in. With the wait list the rooms often come through one or 2 days at a time. Keep the OKW ressies until you see what comes through.
Good Luck!
:smooth:
Off to BWV in 8 Days!!!! Yippeee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter