What am I forgetting...

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by KateMW, Nov 2, 2018.

1. KateMW

KateMW DIS Veteran

I don't lug a ton of stuff to the park, we are on the DP, so we get big snacks there and thank goodness we are not in diapers anymore...

But what should I be bringing to the park for my almost 5 year old? He has a snack box a friend made for him that will put goldfish and other small snacks if I find he's hungry during the day. I got ponchos, autograph books, sharpie, lanyard for pins, birthday button, stroller tag...

What did you wish you had?

2. themommy

themommy DIS Veteran

It took me years to figure this one out: When my first two were little they got autograph books. They loved them....for about 2 weeks. When my third one came along, the first time we took him to the parks we realized that we had forgotten the book in the room. I snatched up his backpack and got them to sign that instead. That was the best “mistake” I ever made. He wore that backpack to preschool for 2 years and loved it! After that trip we started taking random things to get signed. Wooden Christmas ornaments that we prepainted are my favorite. They get hung every year on the tree. So my point is you should think about taking something to be signed that they will use or see more often. Those autograph books are long gone and all of the other things are still being appreciated. Including the small backpack! It now holds our discs for disc golf. I wish I had someone tell me about doing this years before.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. KateMW

KateMW DIS Veteran

My daughter LOVES her autograph book, he is getting one so they can compare. :) We also have the character encyclopedia that somebody recommended to me IRL but not sure I want to lug that around.

ramee and themommy like this.
  5. momma2ethan

momma2ethan DIS Veteran

We tend to keep our park bags simple because I hate lugging a heavy backpack everywhere. The only things we bring in are ponchos, chapstick, ID, debit card/gift card, lanyard/pins, autograph supplies, a can of spray sunscreen and portable charger. We leave our room with 2 bottles of water each and drink one on the way to the park and the other shortly after.

6. blackpearl77

blackpearl77 DIS Veteran

hand wipes or hand sanitizer

AngieInOH, ramee and halfpintpeggy like this.
  7. 3gr8boys

3gr8boys Mouseketeer

I always carried silly putty when my boys were little....you can actually fit two or three eggs worth in one of the eggs. Great amusement for waiting in lines (and other places). Over the years, there were very few situations in which we couldn't use it (either because we thought it might stick to something or would pick up too much filth). They would make shapes, form letters, stretch it, press patterns.....

8. halfpintpeggy

halfpintpeggy DIS Veteran

WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!

MNDisneyMommy likes this.
  9. halfpintpeggy

This right here is nothing short of genius.

snappy and themommy like this.
  10. unrequited23

unrequited23 DIS Veteran

Sunscreen stick, hat, sunglasses and a refillable water bottle.

ramee likes this.
  11. InTheWick

InTheWick Earning My Ears

Glowsticks... they kept our two boys happy in their stroller and on the buses, and they weren't asking to buy any glowing toys in the parks. Double win!

ramee and halfpintpeggy like this.
  12. bellarinah

bellarinah Always a tone of surprise!

Totally second wet wipes and hand sanitizer!!!

13. ramee

ramee Mouseketeer

My kids were just 4 and 14 mos and we packed what would fit in this small sling bag.

https://www.amazon.com/G4Free-Sling-Shoulder-Backpack-Chest/dp/B07BWNC1ZT

Sandwich bag of baby wipes
    3 diapers
    Diaper cream
    Travel size hand sanitizing wipes
    Sandwich bag of goldfish
    Cereal bar
    2 squeeze pouches
    Change of clothes per kid
    Chapstick
    Sunscreen
    Refillable Brita water bottle!!
    Kid’s sunglasses
    A couple hair ties
    My wallet with ID, some cash and credit card
    Magic bands (when they didn’t want to wear them)
    Baseball cap for the baby strapped to the bag

We did keep the water bottle and sunscreen in the double stroller (or carried the bottle of certain rides). Umbrella stayed in the stroller. I used the rain cover once.

And we had a travel potty seat in a bag in the stroller for the 4 year old for the first days and during that trip she learned not to need it anymore!

14. rideswithchrist

rideswithchrist DIS Veteran

Glow sticks at night- plastic ziplock bag to put things in if it rains...and a towel to sit on.

15. snappy

snappy Survivor

Back in the day we used an orange floppy hat for our youngest red headed fair skinned daughter that I bought on clearance at the Gap. It doubled as something that characters autographed and to protect her from sunburn. It’s a keeper

themommy and halfpintpeggy like this.
  16. halfpintpeggy

LOVE that idea!!! :thumbsup2

themommy and snappy like this.
  17. themommy

themommy DIS Veteran

A travel potty seat? I’ve never heard of one.

ramee likes this.
  18. a_ashbiez

a_ashbiez Earning My Ears

We have this one from Amazon and it has been a game changer. Haven't used it at Disney... but we've used it all over near home! Folds up and comes with a carry bag. Best $12.99 I've spent lately!!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZZXQHYK?th=1

themommy and ramee like this.
  19. Gafnorin

Gafnorin Earning My Ears

We have this one in frog form. Folds up so small and doesn’t pinch the butt. Kid didn’t use it in the parks but did use it at the resort for #2. Yay!

themommy and ramee like this.
  20. ramee

ramee Mouseketeer

21. REINALDO MONTANO

REINALDO MONTANO Earning My Ears

The less is the best. For the kids some roller cart so they can relax while moving from one place to other. This also works for moving your stuff.