• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What about this Hurricane Michelle?

violet13

Mouseketeer
As if there wasn't enough to worry about taking a family vacation at this time with these possible terrorist attacks likely, now we have to worry about a Hurricane too! For all the Florida residents....please I beg you, what can we expect in Orlando if a Hurricane makes it to Florida, I heard on the news it is expected by the weekend. That's when we plan to leave!
Won't this at least mean tornadoes? Thank you for your replys...

It's only a TS, they have no clue as to where it will go. If it strikes Florida as a hurricane and you are in Orlando, you will get rain & wind but 9 times out of 10 will be in no danger from the storm itself, unless it is a tornado spawning storm, in which case you'll have to worry about that a little...But if you're from the midwest, this shouldn't bother you either...

Stay away from the coast & keep your fingers crossed. The odds are everything will be fine!

I live in the Keys and I'm a little wary, but not yet worried...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

TS = tropical storm; "hurricane lite". Down here, tropical storms usually mean boatloads of rain and some wind, but not much danger. Usually.

"No, I'm not a meteorologist, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express."

Thanks Scoop. Like the Captain, I'm not too worried about this one. May give me a chance to unfurl the squeaky Rolladens that my wife keeps reminding me need greasing. Not a big worry just yet.

By the way, Esterhaus was a Sergeant, not a Captain. Kids today, I tell ya, they don't know nothin' about classic TV. ;)

Sorry, Rolladen is a major manufacturer of hurricane shutters.

Well, I'm sitting here inthe sunshine but the gulf to my west about 50 yards is a white, frothing mess and the ocean about 1/2 mile to my East is a white frothy mess & I'm thinking about when to shutter up, myself. My problem is that we have to button up soon enough to be able to evacuate the Overseas Highway (US1) to the mainland (about 60 miles from here).

Damn, I thought we'd escaped this year!
:( :( :eek: :( :(

Just let me know if the Crooks need a place to stay. Things will be tight, but we could manage it. Not that the Curling household will be in much less danger, though.

Thanks for the offer gcurling...Monroe County is now evacuating camp grounds & trailer parks. We're thinking of shuttering later tomorrow (if the course continues) and evacuatng Sunday night (midnight-2am, probably).

I'm still holding out for a direction change & near miss, but I must start evaluating my options. The problem is they're predicting category 3 & I don't think my house will stand up to that. But once you evacuate you have a hell of a time getting back in (damned if you do, damned if you don't). But still, with children you have to go...

gcurling was correct with my handle...Although if Michelle hits with ful fury, it may not be a dream for much longer!;)
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Violet and others Florida bound or living in Florida. Be safe and keep your Mickey ponchos handy! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter