What’s the wettest you ever got at a Disney Theme Park?

Not to get sidetracked but...if you go to Universal and get on either Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat barges and Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls you will get a whole 'nother magnitude of wet than any other theme park ride I've been on. They should really be at the water park lol.
So true! I managed to hit Hagrids as a sudden downpour started (which was memorable but not specifically "fun" as rain at 50+mph is owie). Then afterwards, figured I might as well hit the aforementioned Popeyes & Dudley because I just couldn't get wetter.

A number of years ago. It was a lovely evening not a cloud in the sky, no rain in radar and none in forecast. We were sitting watching fantastic at HS. A little sprinkle so the paused the show for a few minutes. It stopped and the started back up. Within seconds it was torrential rain. I do not think anyone in the theatre had rain wear. That cancelled the show told everyone to leave immediately. The rest of the park was closed and they ushered everyone out the front entrance and out by the scooter rental place. There was no place open to shelter so went barefoot to the uncovered bus stop. Luckily the bus to AKL came quickly but AC was on. Jumped in shower as soon as got in the door. Now in the Summer no matter what the forecast I carry a raincoat.

After getting totally drenched, feet squishing, hair dripping wet on Kali River Rapids a couple of times, I now take a cheap throw away rain poncho to wear when I know we are going on that ride!!!

Last edited:
Dec 2018 - HS. Had been at AK earlier in the day and it had been raining off and on, but we went to HS that night to do the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam dessert party with our 4 yo neice/cousin. Main part of the party was at Pizzerizzo, guessing due to the rain, but when we started heading over to the fireworks viewing spot, it was pouring. We waited through one set of projections, hoping the rain would taper off, before bailing. At that point, the water was coming up to our ankles, and we made sure someone always had a grip on our cousin since her stroller was soaked and some of the downspouts were just ejecting water like crazy. Got back to our villa that night, and tried drying everything including the kids' sneakers.... we ended up buying her crocs at the store the next day.

Two times..
Last October it poured rain on us at AK I have never been so wet. My shoes would not dry and I needed to wear them the next day :(

Second time was in 2016 my son would not leave the sprayers at Casey jrs and I had to go remove him.

So true! I managed to hit Hagrids as a sudden downpour started (which was memorable but not specifically "fun" as rain at 50+mph is owie). Then afterwards, figured I might as well hit the aforementioned Popeyes & Dudley because I just couldn't get wetter.

Similar to that was on Big Thunder. Got on just as it started to downpour (had been sunny just a couple minutes before). It hurt so badly on the ride because of the drops pelting the skin. And I swear, I could have jumped in a pool and not been as wet as I was after that ride. It was beyond horrible. And we were either the last or second last train sent out before they closed it. Now, we look at the weather and people coming off to ensure that no one is wet and no rain. I will not repeat that experience. We left the park pretty much right after as we were completely miserable being that wet.

On Kali. February 2000. Temps in the 50s. I didn't want to ride it, but everyone else talked me into it. Cast members were handing out extra ponchos. They ran out by the time I got up there. The first wave come up over the back of the boat and drenched me. I had to buy new clothes. And that wasn't the end of it...

The cast member forgot to remove the security tag from the new pants. I noticed it just before I left the store (wearing the new pants, of course). I look at her. She looks at me. I look at her. She looks at the security tag remover WHICH IS MOUNTED HALFWAY UP THE WALL! I stood on a box and let her give me a huge wedgie to pop that sucker off. People were taking pictures.

I started smoking again after having quit for over a month.

Kali is the death of me. Anyone remember back-in-the day when the center thing opened and you could stash your stuff? Now you can't so what's on you gets soaked (if you're me in the unlucky backward position heading into the HUGE WAVE). Every,.... stinkin'....time. But if it's 10000 degrees I'm ok with it :)

Rain storm at Animal Kingdom. We had dinner reservations at Wilderness Lodge. We got soaked to the bone and had to buy new cloths in the gift shop and change in the bathrooms.

More recently, although not as drenched; I got caught in a rainstorm at Epcot during food and wine while wearing a mask. It's really difficult to breath through a soaked mask.

It was raining on and off our AK day last trip (April 2018) and the place cleared out. It had lightened up quite a bit (but still drizzly) so we hopped on Kali River Rapids...and there was no line so we got off and crossed back over and get right back on I think two times? We were soaked between the rain and the ride and laughing so hard!

Animal kingdom, kali rapids. If you are in the unlucky seat, it's like you jumped into a pool with your clothes on.

I’ve somehow timed rain really well at Disney, but I’ve definitely come off of Splash looking like I jumped in the water. I remember one time when I got particularly soaked, the look on the face of the (probably) college age girl waiting to board the seat I was leaving. She definitely appeared to be thinking twice about getting on the ride.

We've gotten so soaked we've had wet undergarments and shoes that don't dry for days. Gotta love getting caught in those Florida downpours!
I did get caught in one of those and quite frankly there is no sense in running. After the first 30 seconds you will not be able to get any wetter. We were on our way back to our hotel anyway so we just kept moving. Just as soon as we got to the car, it stopped.

Other then that I was riding the Kali River Rapids in DAK. I was on a raft full of "tiny" people so I was the heaviest on it. That tends to made the raft spin around to have the heaviest up front. I was doing OK until we got to the biggest drop and I was close to the front already. Heading down I became the center peg and when it hit the water at the bottom a virtual tsunami of water came over the top and hit me directly. Everything was wet, all my clothes and my shoes squished all the rest of the day. Fun times.

MK Day during my February trip!! It POURED - like to the point that there were some pathways that were ankle deep and you could not go any other way. I did avoid the area where it was up to knee height. Ended up going back to my resort (thankfully Poly) to change before my dinner at Skipper's because I know it is always cold in there!

My worst soaking in recent memory was my first day ever at Disneyland a few years ago (solo trip for one day at the parks at the end of a work convention). I went on Splash Mountain in the front seat early in the morning. I haven't ridden the Disneyland one enough times to know if it's consistently that bad in the front, but I remember around 6pm my pants and boxers were still damp. It was January and, although the weather was pleasant, it didn't get hot that day.

Couldn't dampen my spirits, though, as it WAS my first day ever at Disneyland after three plus decades of going to WDW. I was actually sick, as well, but you could have poured a few more buckets of water on me and I still would have had a smile on my face the entire day.

Kali River Rapids. I got the worst seat! I had on jean capris, was soaked mid-day, and it rained that afternoon. I was still soaked to my undies when I went to bed that night. I now try to wear my lightest clothes on AK day and I haven't ridden Kali since then! I will probably have to ride it this year with DD, so I'll be prepared.

Same - the boats on DL splash practically sink now for some reason - I wore a poncho but we took on water and I had a lap-full of water that had to be dumped into the boat.

You've just perfectly described my one and only ride on DL Splash. I had to get help to dump the (seemingly) gallons of water in my lap out of the boat and not on to myself.

Like i was in a pool. If you ever have gone inn July, or Aug you have been soaked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter