"We've gone too far"-A sister trip with surprise guest Irma! Sept 2017 - Completed 4/16

It's about 10-15 minutes, not bad at all. And the path is along the river so it's a nice atmosphere during the day. And yeah, you can go to POR or POFQ pools. POR is shadier and more rural-like, while POFQ is more in the sun and has the cartoonish alligators, so they will probably like to try both! There are quiet pools around the POR resort, but I think the main pool looks like more fun for kids! Also, the hot tub at POR is right next to the pool so you could be sitting in it and still see kids in the pool alright. The hot tub at POFQ is behind the pool bar and bushes and outside the pool fence, so you can't really see the pool area at all.
Thanks!

Sorry the party didn't go so well for you guys. We went to the one right before the hurricane hit and were surprised how packed it was. I wish we'd gotten to experience an empty one like yours! It was still fun though and I agree that the music for the Boo to You parade is super catchy. I found myself humming it for days if not weeks afterward.

y sister loves Clarabelle so was happy to see her get a float!
I love me some Clara Bell too. I had to laugh when DH asked who she was when I got excited about her in the MVMCP parade. I had just told him about her the night before when we saw her in a Mickey cartoon.

Thankfully a CM with a golf cart quickly saw us and offered us a ride back to FQ, where he delivered us right to the curb in front of the stairs leading to our room!
Awesome.

both because of the silence and our polyester dresses + heat/humidity

The humidity there is a killer :crazy2: It's why we never dress up for the party.

So, this party really felt like a big bust. I definitely paid a lot of money for it, and it was completely unnecessary as there were so few people at the party that night we could have easily gotten a good fireworks view. The desserts were meh, and I would have preferred trying some more of the party exclusive treats (like the pumpkin waffles).

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't really thought the party was worth it, but we did do it on our first trip. It worked well then, but I've never had a desire to do it since. The desserts weren't great, and it looks like a couple of them are similar to the ones at the HEA party.

Loved the Boo to You Parade though! I still get the song stuck in my head occasionally!

Same!

But I think you can see how tired we were and uncomfortable from Lauren's face…

She does not look happy :rotfl:

I think our original plan of nothing that morning and then party evening would have been much better, but the hurricane threw that all up in the air!

That definitely works better for long days (especially in Sep weather). Whenever we've done stuff before MNSSHP or HHN I felt awful the rest of the night :laughing:

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best party experience. MNSSHP is one of my favorite things, so I hope you give it another chance in the future! Though I have never been to Disneyland's version so maybe I would find that one better if I ever go (which I would love to one day)!

I’m sorry the party wasn’t the best for you and the dessert party was a definite bust. I have heard so many negative reviews about the dessert parties. I have read a few reviews where people who are fortunate enough to do two parties, do the dessert party at one and just concentrate on parade, show, and fireworks and the second one do everything else. Hey as you will find out in my TR you all did way better than we did at our Christmas party, eek! Foreshadowing lol!

Day 6, Part 1 - Future World West

*Can't believe this is just the mid-point of our trip! I'm going to hopefully get this TR done before my March trip, but probably will still have to finish a bit afterwards!

This day is the start of going back to my original schedule. The previous days were all full of rearrangements, but, to my surprise, we had accomplished everything and then some! But from now on, we had our FPs and ADRs set.

So a look at our original schedule for Day 6:

• Spaceship Earth (FP) – Done. Decided we didn't care about reriding this trip, so cancelled the FP in advance
  • Mission Space Orange (FP)
  • Gran Fiesta Tour – Done
  • Explore Mexico Pavilion – Done
  • Frozen Ever After (FP)
  • Meet Anna and Elsa
  • Explore Norway Pavilion – Done
  • Reflections of China
  • Explore China Pavilion
  • Explore Germany Pavilion – Done
  • Explore Italy Pavilion – Done
  • Voices of Liberty
  • American Adventure
  • Explore Japan Pavilion
  • Explore Morocco Pavilion – Done
  • Impressions de France – Done
  • Explore France Pavilion – Done
  • Explore UK Pavilion – Done
  • O Canada – Done
  • Explore Canada Pavilion – Done
  • Test Track
*We were originally supposed to do Living with the Land and the Seas with Nemo on our Epcot evening, so would need to push these to "today".

Hop to MK:

• Space Mountain
  • 7DMT
  • HEA Dessert Party
  • Evening EMH

So, lets see how it goes:

After the late night from the Halloween party we had originally decided we didn’t need to get to Epcot super early. But of course we were at Disney, so still woke up early. And neither of us was so exhausted we needed to get back to sleep so instead we just got up and were at the bus stop by 8:45. I think when I was planning things I misjudged exactly how much time we'd need to get ready in the morning, so most of the time we actually got going sooner than I thought!

E9XHED1.jpg

We arrived quickly to Epcot and actually got there in time to hear the Jamminators finishing up! So, even though we didn't plan it, we pretty much entered with the rope drop "crowds"!

4HdAiln.jpg

So, here we were right after rope drop and what E-ticket ride do we do first?

The Seas with Nemo! :confused3

lxVT6Dg.jpg

I know, sort of ridiculous, but it was on our list and geographically made more sense since we were thinking about heading to the Land for breakfast!

I really liked the queue and how detailed it is. Couldn’t get any good photos though since there was no one else in line so we never stopped walking! I think we ended up being the first guests to ride that day!

4KUcl1W.jpg

The ride was cute. I think I liked the EAC part the best! We have a similar ride at DL with the same storyline and audio, but its in an actual submarine. I’m honestly not the biggest fan since it can have long lines (a slow loader since everyone has to climb down into the submarine and then back out). And I feel claustrophobic, though I found out recently there is an alternate experience for wheelchair users where you just sit in a themed room and watch the video.

Once we were done with the ride, we decided to check out the exhibits. I liked how all the fish knew to go through the bars to get food on either side! Lauren saw a diver but by the time I got there he was gone.

nj3ll3J.jpg
Xr99UcV.jpg
Y7awdQC.jpg
8374NH3.jpg
jkWZfRy.jpg

Lauren also didn’t know about the manatees and we got to see them eating breakfast

tImmZrn.jpg
8MuXFMu.jpg

On our way out we stopped for another photopass photographer (I love how Lauren’s leg compression sleeves totally matched her shirt! [If you can't tell our shirts say "I'm her Anna" and "I'm her Elsa", and I think were my favorite ones of the trip.] And I’m bummed out my "I’m Her Elsa" glitter didn’t show up well in photos-just too close in color to the actual shirt!)

OrFLqm5.jpg
Y3rWVl1.jpg

I also got a closer view of Inky, who I love!

DECLBLF.jpg

Onto The Land!

ampEGWG.jpg

We passed by The Circle of Life and I admired the Timon/Pumba signage, but I felt bad I for the CM working who was standing at the front waving but knew people were just going to walk right by his attraction. Though we didn't stop because I didn’t really want to spend 20-minutes watching a film! I was considering doing it if I was free during my December trip, but now the show is closing in a few weeks, so I'll never get a chance!

ZwhlFq8.jpg
VG7jfQK.jpg

Before going on Living with the Land we decided to grab breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. I ended up getting the Cinnamon French Toast Bread Pudding [served with bacon] and Lauren got a chocolate croissant but also shared mine.

H0NTcDp.jpg

There was so much bacon on my plate! At first it was a college program CM who put a good amount on. Then an older CM was like, nope-add more! And they just piled it on! Even Lauren was shocked by the amount! The bread pudding itself was meh. There was a weird chemically aftertaste. Probably wouldn’t bother with it again or recommend it!

Once we were finished we hopped on Living with the Land. Because it was Food & Wine there were signs next to anything they used in the dishes at the food booths.

JTif5qv.jpg
C0HtaYh.jpg
xeWuH4R.jpg
ROGPC6z.jpg
EthYmCM.jpg
S3AuLTJ.jpg
VKpYPYp.jpg
EobHTRf.jpg
UxqPVJZ.jpg

I liked this attraction. Very informative, relaxing, and enjoyable! One of Lauren’s best friends is in horticulture (at least I think.. I don’t pay as much attention to her friends anymore) so when I said they had a Behind the Seeds tour she thought her friend would love it!

I think they were prepping some of the areas for an Epcot 35th anniversary design!

OFOIyXM.jpg

Lauren and I are also fans of Hidden Mickeys, so had fun spotting as many as possible! And we’re sure the CMs enjoy placing them!

wNGQsLM.jpg

Once we were done with LwtL I suggested we head out to make our first FP at Mission Space (it was 10am). But then Lauren saw there was only a 10 minute wait posted for Soarin. I was hesitant, as I know there can still be longer waits within the queue and we have the same film back in CA. But Lauren said, lets just get in line, if it’s not really 10 minutes we can always leave, so I reluctantly followed her in.

2D3Jj7Z.jpg

Well…it wasn’t 10 minutes. More like 4! We literally didn’t stop walking and got put into a gate just as Patrick started talking! We ended up getting on the top left hand corner so had plenty of distortion, which is almost amusing at this point! Like, wouldn’t the Imagineers have figured that out in advance? Flight of Passage definitely doesn’t have distortion and we saw it from all different locations, including the far corners!

I am not a fan of the new film. I loved Soarin over California and thought it was unnecessary to replace it in CA. Especially with something that had such obvious CG. The Taj Mahal into hot air balloons especially irks me! And I feel like the new one doesn't have as much swooping and flying, more staying in the same spot. Maybe eventually they will hear the criticism and replace the film!

Once our hang-gliders arrived safely back at Epcot we headed out of the Land and over to Future World East.

Day 6, Part 2 - Future World East

We next headed over to Future World East for our fastpass on Mission Space. We decided to go for the Orange version-go big or go home!

EPdsHNh.jpg

Because we were walking so fast, I realized once we were getting ready to board (it ended up being a 2 minute wait from walking in the door to getting assigned a number) I hadn’t taken any Dramamine and it usually takes 30 minutes to take effect! I was pretty worried because I know I can get carsick just from riding as a passenger with my dad driving, and recently it's gotten worse with me feeling sick whenever I go on Star Tours! And we had just had breakfast...so I was extra concerned. My sister got especially worried when she saw me verifying where all the vomit bags were!

I was excited though when I got assigned The Engineer, as that is my occupation in real life! :thumbsup2

T3EE1uo.jpg

And verdict-I was totally fine! :cheer2:I actually got more nervous with claustrophobia because once they closed us up we had a longer wait for the ride to start! But didn’t have any issues with motion sickness. And the ride itself, I liked. But I honestly can’t remember much of the video! :confused: I think I was so worried I’d get sick, I didn’t pay much attention! I am going to give it another shot in March now that I know I can handle it! :bitelip:

After leaving Mission Space we decided to head over to the F&W Festival Center. First, souvenir shopping (I don’t have actual photos, but here are the versions from easywdw and disneypinsblog)!

Lauren picked a tank top, which has proceeded to scatter glitter over everything else it accidentally gets washed with...

gkRO6ja.jpg

I got a shirt (considered the tank top too, but I liked the shirt design more), tea towels, and pin. I also eventually got the mini wine bottle ornament from Mouse Gears, because I didn't like the Figment ones they had at the Festival Center (I know, I know...but I don't have any sort of emotional connection to Figment).

c4PAkt0.jpg
YKDSSst.jpg
hxIMLhP.jpg
16DTvmK.jpg

We did a loop around the center and made our way to the Ghiradelli area. I was a big fan of all the chocolate sculptures! I think Wreck It Ralph was my favorite, but Moana was a close second! I think they were all made by different resort/restaurant kitchens, but forgot to take photos of who did what! :sad2:

M4l5hYS.jpg
XlXVQnv.jpg
Yu1FGdN.jpg
Lwiqiu8.jpg
nmZF2la.jpg
Vvre5uM.jpg

I also stopped and got my Annual Passholder button for September. I was bummed out that they didn't do the AP glasses again this year, as we ended up at Epcot three days and I could have gotten one! :mad:

We also had 2 multi-experience FPs for Epcot on this day (due to a guest services complaint made before the trip) and had originally wanted to use one for test track, but unfortunately it wasn’t running then, so instead we headed over to World Showcase and Norway.

Cont... A sister-sister-sister-sister reunion!

Wow, you had a nice empty morning at Epcot! We loved the chocolate sculptures also and I think you're right that they were made by different resort pastry chefs. My favorite was the one with the pandas. :)

Wow, you had a nice empty morning at Epcot! We loved the chocolate sculptures also and I think you're right that they were made by different resort pastry chefs. My favorite was the one with the pandas. :)
Yeah, I think the Panda was the most beautiful with the best amount of techniques. But I'm a quirky person who likes lots of color and fun, so that why I think I gravitated towards Wreck-it-Ralph! I think I saw that the Moana boat with Pua and Hei-Hei is now at Kona Cafe, so maybe I'll see it in March!

Obviously, I'm jumping on the bandwagon way late here...but I guess better late than never! I'm here and will slowly but surely read through and catch up.

I love LwtL and really dislike the new Soarin. The old one was so fun, I agree about the distortion, how could the Imagineers think this was okay, ugh! This was my favorite ride at Epcot before the change.

What a great morning at Epcot! Especially when you were able to do a few things and still ride Soarin as a walk on! I love your shirts, so cute!

The ride was cute. I think I liked the EAC part the best! We have a similar ride at DL with the same storyline and audio, but its in an actual submarine. I’m honestly not the biggest fan since it can have long lines (a slow loader since everyone has to climb down into the submarine and then back out). And I feel claustrophobic,

I can only imagine that it would be claustrophobic in an actual submarine :confused3

I was considering doing it if I was free during my December trip, but now the show is closing in a few weeks, so I'll never get a chance!

We've never seen it either, it didn't sound like anything we felt we needed to do.

The bread pudding itself was meh. There was a weird chemically aftertaste. Probably wouldn’t bother with it again or recommend it!

Aw, that would've been my choice too.

Hello Lesley! Sorry it's taken me awhile to catch up on your TR. But I felt after meeting you last week in your home park and hearing some of your stories as a first timer at WDW, I had to see what went down on this trip.

Y'all got SOOOOOO lucky with the crowds. Like September in general is usually so quiet, but add in a hurricane and y'all were destined to not deal with the crowds. I'm sorry though it kinda threw a bit of a curveball for your commando touring style since you expected more waiting around, but you have many many days to make up for that.

I have to say your assessment of AoA as a place for just families with kids is a bit off. I stayed there for my graduation trip when it was just me and one of my best friends. We stayed in The Little Mermaid section, which is the only section with standard rooms, and I loved it! I think AoA is so cute. Same with Pop, which I stayed at with my family when they came to visit. I do agree it is weird how Pop mixes Disney icons with era icons at Pop, but note AoA originally was going to be the pre-1950s years section of Pop until 9/11 came in and left it abandoned until the idea of AoA brewed. But to each his own, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as most did.

I have to back you up that Epcot really is in a state of disrepair. People focus on Studios because everything is shutting down and getting revamped, but Epcot does not hold the integrity it once had. The reason people loved it was it was such a far cry from Magic Kingdom and the other parks. It used to be none of the rides had any movie interlinks and now that's what every ride seems to be turning to. That's what was magical, but now it just seems like Disney execs don't know how to maintain that or don't care to especially considering how successful the Frozen Ever After revamp to Maelstrom went. Hopefully when you return, it will be as good as new (although you did come during a good time for F&W). I also highly recommend Via Napoli at the Italy pavilion if you're looking for another good WS eat since Le Cellier didn't work out for you.

I'm sorry to hear your Halloween party didn't turn out all that well for you. MNSSHP is my favorite event Disney has ever done so I'm sad when I see people not get their fill. September in general never really gets busy or crazy MNSSHPs, topped with that hurricane, you needn't have worried as much as you did, but I mean more reason to come back for another one. Also, Gaston really isn't as great as he used to be. I'm friends with a bit of Entertainment peeps in WDW and a lot of the friends of Gaston who made it in those online vids with him have had falling outs with Gaston if you catch my drift as they became a bit too in character and were rude to their attendants. I also think there might've been complaints because he used to get really in your face and close, particularly with women. I'm not sure. I caught him at DLR though and he seemed to be up to his usual shenanigans so idk

And you totally need to go back and watch the Muppets with JJ present! I'm curious though how they did the show without him because when I saw it, he opens it essentially. Like he's walking around 15 minutes before the show starts and sits and talks with people then he rings his bell (he's the town cryer) to announce the show is beginning. He's really cute (low key crush on him tbh) and adds a more human element to the show and some comic bits.

Well I definitely made a novel of a comment, but I guess that's what happens when you fell as far behind as I did. I loved all the DLR updates you sprinkled in (granted I already got to see IASW holiday (twice) and have just as many pics lol), making me miss it. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip especially how you feel about the current state of DHS since we only talked in passing about it at Disneyland.

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Obviously, I'm jumping on the bandwagon way late here...but I guess better late than never! I'm here and will slowly but surely read through and catch up.
Take your time-there's a lot to read through! :goodvibes
I love LwtL and really dislike the new Soarin. The old one was so fun, I agree about the distortion, how could the Imagineers think this was okay, ugh! This was my favorite ride at Epcot before the change.
Yeah, I remember riding Soarin' over California before DCA even opened (my dad got special tickets for one of the soft openings from someone at work). We had no idea what to expect and it was just spectacular! And now, meh. I don't even usually bother with it because even if I get a FP, there is still so much waiting to load, etc.
What a great morning at Epcot! Especially when you were able to do a few things and still ride Soarin as a walk on! I love your shirts, so cute!
Thanks! I spent a lot of money at Etsy pre-trip! :rotfl:
Hello Lesley! Sorry it's taken me awhile to catch up on your TR. But I felt after meeting you last week in your home park and hearing some of your stories as a first timer at WDW, I had to see what went down on this trip.
Welcome!

I have to say your assessment of AoA as a place for just families with kids is a bit off. I stayed there for my graduation trip when it was just me and one of my best friends. We stayed in The Little Mermaid section, which is the only section with standard rooms, and I loved it! I think AoA is so cute. Same with Pop, which I stayed at with my family when they came to visit. I do agree it is weird how Pop mixes Disney icons with era icons at Pop, but note AoA originally was going to be the pre-1950s years section of Pop until 9/11 came in and left it abandoned until the idea of AoA brewed. But to each his own, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as most did.
I definitely don't think it's a bad resort or just for families, I guess it just wasn't my taste! But I think it's good to have those options for people who really appreciate that type of theming. And I would definitely not recommend against it if someone asked.

I have to back you up that Epcot really is in a state of disrepair. People focus on Studios because everything is shutting down and getting revamped, but Epcot does not hold the integrity it once had. The reason people loved it was it was such a far cry from Magic Kingdom and the other parks. It used to be none of the rides had any movie interlinks and now that's what every ride seems to be turning to. That's what was magical, but now it just seems like Disney execs don't know how to maintain that or don't care to especially considering how successful the Frozen Ever After revamp to Maelstrom went. Hopefully when you return, it will be as good as new (although you did come during a good time for F&W). I also highly recommend Via Napoli at the Italy pavilion if you're looking for another good WS eat since Le Cellier didn't work out for you.
I definitely want to try Via Napoli. I have an ADR for it in March, but we'll see if my plans end up changing. If I can't get there in March it's a priority for December! I do have high hopes for the revitalization of Epcot. Just thinking about DCA 1.0, how it didn't quite live up to expectations and then they did all the changes for DCA 2.0 and it works so much better. It's too bad you came during the transition from 2.0 to 2.5 though!

I'm sorry to hear your Halloween party didn't turn out all that well for you. MNSSHP is my favorite event Disney has ever done so I'm sad when I see people not get their fill. September in general never really gets busy or crazy MNSSHPs, topped with that hurricane, you needn't have worried as much as you did, but I mean more reason to come back for another one. Also, Gaston really isn't as great as he used to be. I'm friends with a bit of Entertainment peeps in WDW and a lot of the friends of Gaston who made it in those online vids with him have had falling outs with Gaston if you catch my drift as they became a bit too in character and were rude to their attendants. I also think there might've been complaints because he used to get really in your face and close, particularly with women. I'm not sure. I caught him at DLR though and he seemed to be up to his usual shenanigans so idk
I don't think the fault was in the party itself, mainly my expectations and decisions were the failure. I think though I learned some lessons for the future and any parties I end up going to (if I get there again in Halloween season I will absolutely go to a party again).

And you totally need to go back and watch the Muppets with JJ present! I'm curious though how they did the show without him because when I saw it, he opens it essentially. Like he's walking around 15 minutes before the show starts and sits and talks with people then he rings his bell (he's the town cryer) to announce the show is beginning. He's really cute (low key crush on him tbh) and adds a more human element to the show and some comic bits.
I can't remember how they started the show. There was an older gentleman who came out and set up the rope on the ground and we talked a moment with him, but it was more chatting with a CM, not a performer. He was pretty cute and seemed really nice when we chatted in the Joy/Sadness line.

Day 6, Part 3 - Sister-Sister!

Continuing on with our morning, first stop, Royal Sommerhaus with our Anna/Elsa shirts. Loved the interior theming and everyone ADORED our shirts!

8qIXpxQ.jpg
rQrTJKg.jpg
HgEGnQP.jpg

The meet itself was very cute! Lauren and I were at the front of our group and the room was empty when we entered (is that always the case so kids don’t realize there are 2 rooms?). So during our interaction with Elsa, Anna was leaning on the bookcase and talking to us too! The other families behind us were laughing and it was very cute! Though I do wish they still had a character meet with both sisters at once (that's the way they do it at DCA).

First, Elsa tried to show us how to use our ice powers

TIbT4bl.jpg
P5CT75p.jpg
Kk5wHmX.jpg
2vi2YZq.jpg

Then Anna talked about chocolate (I think; she wasn’t as memorable as Elsa). I think she also liked Lauren's braids (my hair is too short for an Elsa style braid)

ktJpjTD.jpg
QGKqbB0.jpg

Next it was time for our Frozen Ever After FP. In reality, we didn’t need it at that moment, as the standby line was nonexistent! But we couldn’t tell until scanning in at the front so didn’t know we could have switched it to later/a different ride! And it actually probably was a longer wait in Fastpass, as there was a family who walked into Standby at the same time as we went into the Fastpass side, but we eventually got stuck behind someone trying to figure out how to scan their band, so the standby family ended up in front of us! I sort of wish we had just hopped over to that side so we could have seen inside Oakens!

zKDNq82.jpg

Now that our planned Frozen tasks were completed, it was time to enjoy Food & Wine and the rest of the world showcase! It was a very sunny day and getting hotter, but not an oven...yet!

giphy.gif

Cont, next post

Reactions: DLo
I wish the Frozen Ever After picture happened in a better spot! We always just look like we're cruising along. At least you guys are smiling! :) Also, seeing the evacuation stairs behind the boat is not so magical!

Day 6, Part 4 - Searching for shade in the showcase!

We headed away from Norway, but not before continuing my search for Remy (and failing again...)

First stop in our walk around the world, China.

GAow1kb.jpg

There was only a 5 minute wait before the next Reflections of China, so we waited and ended up watching it with 3 other girls! I wish we could have sat down on the floor since it was so empty, but I didn’t want to get yelled at since they made the specific announcement not to sit on the floor! I think it is a very good thing the film is being updated. Right now China has gone through such a fast transition that nothing looks like it does in the video! And the fake Chinese guy is a bit inappropriate! I hope the new film turns out well!

giphy.gif

Lauren stopped to find a restroom, while I went to the China F&W booth. I ended up getting the Beijing Duck Bao, Pot Stickers, and Black Pepper Shrimp.

peWyDXP.jpg

Loved the Bao, because I really love all bao! Pot stickers were a bit phoning it in, as you could tell they were the mass produced frozen kind. The sauce also had a weird aftertaste and I think there was too much vinegar in it. The Black Pepper Shrimp was good, not too spicy! I think Lauren had some bits of a potsticker and noodles, but she's not as much a fan of Asian food as I am, so decided to wait for another booth.

We wandered our way over to the America showcase where we were able to catch the last 2 songs from Voices of Liberty! I like how the singers stop and talked with anyone hanging around afterwards.

A30Hyh7.jpg
JC2cYMT.jpg

We then were just in time for the next The American Adventure. Is it normal that you don’t get to go upstairs until right before the show? It meant we weren’t able to enjoy the flag room or paintings on the balcony.

477kFPq.jpg
B9fdfLp.jpg

I liked the statues around the edge of the theater and was at first convinced they would be animated (like Pageant of the Masters style), but Lauren said, nope. I still didn’t believe her until after the show was over! Also, I've discovered they have scale models of all of them at DLR in the entrance to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

1gAosDK.jpg
S0RjH0E.jpg

I liked the show but felt bad because I fell asleep in the middle of it! I think I missed The Great Depression… It was very well done though. But both Lauren and I agree they needed to change up the final video as they show Lance Armstrong as a prime example of American pride!

giphy.gif

Next we headed towards Morocco and Lauren got the Beef dish from Belgium while I found us an empty table with a fan! Unfortunately I was so tired and hot I ended up forgetting to a) take a picture and b) take a bite! Lauren did like it though! While Lauren was getting her food I also found a youtube video of someone doing the Remy search and screenshotted some of the locations to try and look for him harder!

I think we must have walked through the Japan pavilion and shop, but I don't have any photos... I do have to say though, if they ever end up stocking the Star Wars Space Opera figurines, I think I will go broke!

We stopped in France for a Photopass.

GtsxVYG.jpg

We also requested the Remy magic shot, but ended up with Chip, which wasn’t bad, just not what we wanted!

WWW3UPw.jpg

Also got a Food & Wine magic video

We did a bit of shopping in France, and Lauren wanted to pick up some wine glasses that she had seen which had the showcase outline on top and a typical drink cup from that country reflected below. She ended up getting 2 and was pleasantly surprised on the price. I considered the macaron cups/shirts I had seen on Day 1 but decided not to get one. We had the glasses packaged up and shipped direct to our resort. [Lauren ended up picking them up a few days later and packed them without unwrapping. When we got home she discovered one had broken at the stem. She’s not sure when it happened, either ship from park-resort or within her suitcase, but was bummed out. I eventually ended up emailing Disney Merchandise and they immediately sent out a replacement free of charge (without me even getting a copy of the receipt), so I was able to surprise Lauren.]

hRZ8oWh.jpg

It was pretty hot, so I decided to stop at L’Artisan Des Glaces. (Loved the mickeys in the ice cream case)

aYA9TgY.jpg
QC2itOI.jpg

I wanted to try the Ice Cream Brioche sandwich as I heard about it on Disney Food Blog. I ended up getting chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce. Should have taken a video, but they basically take a fresh roll, cut in in half, put a huge scoop of ice cream on it with some sauce, then put it in a waffle iron to press down and warm up. We ended up taking it over to the seating area at Les Halles… to rest and eat.

qmIDdFu.jpg
zIWTjVf.jpg

It was good, not life changing good, and I probably wouldn’t bother getting again (too many awesome treats around the World Showcase to try), but I wouldn’t dissuade anyone from getting it.

We headed on and ran into another lonely Photopass person at the other side of the bridge, who ended up taking one of my favorite photos!

r5ueGlw.jpg

And a nice one for mom:
muiEnV8.jpg

(Though, do you notice the specks of dirt on the photos, I think that must have been on the lense. But, whatever, I think it adds to the charm of the photo!)

We continued walking through the showcase and stumbled upon Mary Poppins, who Lauren decided to chat with. There wasn’t a full photopass photographer, so I became the photographer! It was funny when Mary Poppins tried talking to both Lauren and myself about something and we couldn’t understand her fake accent; eventually we figured out she was talking about chalk paintings on the ground (don’t know how that subject came about…)

LmTJQ57.jpg

Continued through the showcase to Canada, where I finally noticed the different fences for each area :thumbsup2

TXvxkOw.jpg

I also checked and couldn’t find Remy even though I had screenshots of where he was supposed to be. That’s when I realized :idea:…they had taken all the figures away for the hurricane and just hadn’t put him back out yet! Duh!

We hit a couple more food and wine booths, I had the Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut from the Australia booth. Actually funny because they have the Lambington (a cake) and the Lamb chop, so misread the receipt and started to hand me the meat! I had to correct them but they triedto give me the chop too, and I turned it away. Realized I had already held the plate in my hand, so food safety wise, they couldn’t give it to anyone else, so it would have gone to waste!

meaa9wl.jpg
vB4YPd7.jpg

The cake was a bit meh. Teeny tiny and not worth the $. Also basically a chunk of yellow cake, dipped in Hersheys syrup and coconut… Yeah, not so sure why I wanted it!

I also chatted with some of the college program CMs who were working the booth (there was no one behind me in line) and asked how they fared during the hurricane. One guy said it was great, because he was in the 21+ apartments and it was just a big party. The girl next to him gave him a look and said, she was underage so was in the younger apartments and they couldn’t leave the building… so she didn’t have as much fun! :rotfl:

Meanwhile, Lauren went to Almond Orchard and got Cauliflower Risotto with Pulled Chicken, Artichokes, Spinach and Parmesan Cheese and Aged Balsamic and Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin “Yellow Label” Brut (champagne). I was also very proud that she finally accepted my trip report photos and refrained from taking a bite until I got a photo!

9lMCuoj.jpg

She loved loved the risotto, said it was the best F&W snack she tried. She also liked the champagne. I didn't bother trying either as I don't like the ingredients for the risotto and am not a fan of wine or champagne, so it would have been wasted on me.

We knew we were almost done with Epcot and it was only 2:30 and we didn’t need to be at Magic Kingdom until closer to 6, so decided we’d ride Test Track (it was open), then head over to Hollywood Studios before going to MK that evening. We’d learnt our lesson the day before and didn’t want to go back to the resort before heading to MK! So I was able to get us a RnRC FP for later that afternoon.

We made our way back into Future World, stopping for some Photopass and Magic shots on the way.

V8SWtiW.jpg
IbRwbj5.jpg

FhsufAR.jpg

We also made a quick stop at Mousegears to restock on sunscreen, as someone... cough, Lauren, cough... forgot to pack one of our bottles for the day! (When we were packing for this trip, I agreed to collect all the supplies-ponchos, blister pads, etc, but gave Lauren 2 tasks-get sunscreen and bug spray. So I liked to dig into her about how she forgot one of her only tasks!)

Anyways, we used one of our anytime FPs for Test Track, and I let Lauren design the car. She attempted to get max power, so would check every option for the various design decisions.

Y9YJonS.jpg
f2LiI5f.jpg

When we lined up, I scanned my MB too and my alien smart car was still stored, so I was able to add that to our car to race. The kid next to us was pretty cute and it was his first time riding. We told him to check if he had any cars, and I guess Disney had multiple random cars so if you haven't designed one, you can still race something! And the kid loved the ride - as we started to accelerate outdoors he was just screaming "I love this ride!"

N6vm90y.jpg

In the end, Lauren's car only scored a couple points higher than mine!

jhIcxSn.jpg

Cont - Onto Hollywood!

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter