Westgate Question

welovedisneyx4

<font color=blue>I have this sudden urge to put my
Has anyone stayed at the Westgate Towers North? How is it?

What about a 1 bedroom at Westgate Villas? Is it similar to the 2 bed rooms? Are there 2 tv's? We are having trouble getting a 2 bedroom for Thanksgiving week. I don't think I want to wait much longer w/ it being a holiday.

We would be doing an exchange. Does it make a difference if we were renting?

I would have expected a few 2 bedrooms to be available even if it is Thanksgiving week. Interval has a 1 bedroom at the Villas which I might go ahead and take. We really prefer the Villas and it will only be DH, myself and the 2 kids this time, no parents, so the 1 bedroom would probably be fine. The kids could sleep on the pull out and they do have 2 bath rooms and 2 tvs.

Thanks for those floor plans, I had been looking for them.

who are you exchanging with RCI or II?

If II, you should be okay.

If RCI reconsider.

I own at Westgate Villa and I can't recommend them. the sale people here are awful. they call every morning and go out of their way to be pest.

If II, I am surprise that there aren't some Marriott.

If RCI no surprised. You are late - most of the good RCI are gone at 11th months.

It would be II. We own at Westgate too. (I realized I didn't say that before-sorry) I tried doing an internal exchange w/ them, but they only have a 1 bedroom at the Towers. I am so tired of them! I am going to refuse to go to their meeting this time. We'll just ignore the calls. They of course promised so much when we bought it. We very rarely get exchanges we want and w/ the $ we're spending on maintainance fees, we could rent a house for the week!!! We have tried to sell it, but haven't really pursued it. I don't feel like putting a lot of effort into b/c I feel like it isn't possible to sell. We have rented it before, but haven't had much luck w/ that lately.

We could kick ourselves for getting into this stupid thing! I like the property itself, we have always had a good unit, we like the bike and paddle boat rental, the lake and the ducks and the location (the Villas, not Lakes) is wonderful, but all hassle you have to go through is not worth it!!!

you should be seeing some Westgate Town Center? these are better.

how about vacation villas at fantasyworld II?

If we rent/exchange through Interval at Westgate, will the know we are owners and still be asked to attend the "maintainance meeting"?

I am thinking of just going w/ the 1 bedroom at the Villas, since that is our favorite place to stay.

Westgate tries to get everyone to attend their 'maintence meeting'.

NO WAY! it is a sales pitch. Westgate is not interested in maintence.

I have say before Westgate leaves some things not done - so you will go to the maintence meeting to complaint. If it was perfect you won't go.

Ignore it.

don't believe that stupid you can't check out if you don't attend.

Westgate lies!!!!

Oh, Spiceycat, I so know how well they lie!!! That is how they got us to buy into the place! They said we would be able to exchange anywhere, anytime we wanted to!! Yeah, right! They also said they would by the unit back if we decided to sell!!

We have called maintenance before and they usually come "fairly" quickly to fix it. Usually it is something small, but I am so not going to worry about that stupid meeting this time! I haven't been told about the "you can't check out if you don't go", but I think last time we just put the keys in the drop box maybe? I just hope I can convince DH not to go to the meeting. He thinks if we complain about not being about to get exchanges they are going to do something to help us. Hasn't helped us in 13 years now!!

I joined II and I got some nice exchanges thru them. but I haven't lately at all - my 2-bedroom only get efficiences in lots of places.

so Westgate is going to have put up with me. I was thinking about going to their maintence meeting and saying so loudly 'WHAT HAPPENED TO MY EXCHANGE POWER' and see if I can't run off their new sales....

I got the Marriott's Manor House in Williamsburg, Marriott's Grande Ocean in HH, for my brother some place in Myrtle beach, SC.

Westgate needs to start spending our money on our timeshares and not on their sales people!!!! Westgate of course denies they are doing this.

Anyway I got some offers for mind on www.redweek.com - but the best one I am almost certain came from a sales person.....

I am giving it away to a charity after I have used it this year. I have an every odd year.

you know all it takes is to get another timeshare just about anywhere to see how horrible Westgate is.

DVC doesn't call you to get you to come to meeting. they tell you where and when the meeting will be but that is it. they don't kept trying to make you buy more. of course most DVC want to buy more. It is so different!!!!

you know it is darn funny - I didn't even look at the Marriott because I decided I couldn't afford one. Now I realize I could have gotten a Marriott for what I paided for Westgate....Live and Learn!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter