Westgate Lakes, anyone familiar with?

micknpluto

DIS Veteran
We are staying there at the end of October, my sister owns the timeshare at "Westgate Villas", had to trade weeks for October and had to "upgrade" to Westgate Lakes(sister says its newer?), nothing available at the Villas. Im a little upset cause I hear the Lakes are a bit further from WDW and closer to Universal, and the Villas would have been closer to WDW. What are they like? Are they all on the ground level or do they have elavators(we have my Grandmother with us and she uses a wheelchair)? How about the pools, are they nice, are they close by all of the rooms? What is the drive to WDW going to be like? Any information you guys have, I would love to hear! Thanks!

spinheadblack.gif

pinocchio01.jpg
Visit Walt Disney World and "Remember the Magic"!

> What are they like?

The newer sections are really beautiful. The older sections leave something to be desired. When you read reviews, you'll see what I mean. As a Westgate owner at a sister resort, ask the owner to make a request for an upper floor unit near a pool in the newer section for you. If your grandmother has a medical need for an accessible room, add that to the request and they will try very hard to accommodate it (every resort in the area does).

> Are they all on the ground level or do they have elavators(we have my Grandmother with us and she uses a wheelchair)?

Elevators. :) Actually, the Westgate Vacation Villas are generally two story buildings without elevators, so you may be better off at Lakes.

> How about the pools, are they nice, are they close by all of the rooms?

We toured this place once. The pool we saw by the main recreation area was very nice, with plenty of palms, poolside bar and not far from the lakefront boat rentals. The pool we saw near a building of villas was pretty nice looking too, but simpler, smaller, with many occupied buildings nearby.

> What is the drive to WDW going to be like?

About 15-20 minutes to any Disney parking lot. If you are going in peak season, ask at the desk for the back way to Disney. I believe there's an easy way to take S. Apopka Vineland (which passes the Crossroads). In quieter seasons, you'll do fine with I-4. You'll be on the west side of I-4, just off an exit. The heavier traffic is east of I-4, near Int'l Drive.

Enjoy your trip, even though it's not what you first hoped. :)

[This message was edited by Lisa P. on 03-14-01 at 09:52 PM.]

Thanks for taking the time and for your help with my post..I think what I might do, is try to find the phone# for Westgate Lakes, and see if they can help me with these requests. I dont trust my sister to do it, Im usually the one who handles all the details. I hope they dont give me a problem, when my sister first called to book the week, they wouldnt talk to her, because the timeshare is in her husband's name and not her's, that was kinda wierd? My bigest concern is having a ground level room, because my Grandmother has a hard time walking up steps.

Thanks again!

spinheadblack.gif

pinocchio01.jpg

I might be a little paranoid, but....I keep reading all of these horrible posts about Westgate Lakes and Villas??? Im not going until October, I dont want to be stuck with an "old" room. I dont understand, how people pay so much money for these timeshares(THEY ARE all SUPPOSED TO BE BEAUTIFUL like in the brochures) and they still sometimes get poor service and accomodations? If ANYONE knows anything I can do, to guarantee a Good room, please tell me. I dont want it to be a "suprise" when I get there, whether or not I will be happy with our stay at Westgate Lakes. Everyone wants a perfect vacation. Ill do whatever it takes to avoid any hassle's that may come about in October.

Thanks

spinheadblack.gif

pinocchio01.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter