western november or march?

jessrose18

ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!
I never wanted to be one of those people who asked a question like this but here goes......

we want to go on the western caribbean cruise on the magic... narrowed down to 2 dates, same prices, same rooms etc...only difference is time of year and slight itinerary change.....i have looked up forecasts for these ports and read numerous trip reports, but please indulge me..... after going to bahamas last december and freezing our butts off at castaway cay, we vowed never to cruise in cold climate months again, as we have never had a real "beach vacation" and really want one! this itinerary looks like it has beautiful beaches!

so how does the temp/water temp compare mid november to early march?
going to castaway cay (beach!), cozumel (probably book cochi nocum beach break), and cayman islands (jet ski's to stingray city)....

I am really torn, both have pluses/minuses, so thought I would let weather be the last factor....

plus to november 12th cruise: double dip at castaway
minus to november: coming up soon, dont mind waiting longer to plan trip

plus to march 3rd cruise: good month to leave mn and go to the caribbean
minus to march: key west (probably just walk around town some )and one castaway cay day

thanks in advance for any suggestions...:thumbsup2

Ive been both times and would pick March. We cruised this past November and we had cold weather, the roughest seas I have ever experienced, and ice cold waters at Castaway. November is hit or miss with weather where March you will at least be above 70 each day.

We did the Western double dip on the Magic in November 2009, and had wonderful weather the whole time. Temps in the high 80s and the water was warm. The double dip was fantastic. We were happy to give up Key West for a 2nd day at Castaway Cay.

We have sailed on the Magic on the Western both times in March. It was perfect. It wasn't to hot, the seas were perfect and we didn't have any bad weather to speak of.

We are doing the double dip on 11/12.

Can't wait! I really hope the weather is decent. We are first time cruisers but can't resist double dip Castaway Cay.

November can be chillly. Castaway Key is not really in the Caribbean, it is just off from Florida. Cozumel would probably be ok both months. March can be windy in the Caribbean, but overall, the weather would probably be better then. Key West is fun, if you haven't been there, you will probably enjoy it. The tourist area is compact and easy to walk around. Have fun deciding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter