Were you the favourite child growing up?

We never had obvious shows of favoritism growing up. My younger sister has always been dad's favorite because they have a lot in common. When we were kids I think there were times I was favored more and times my sister was--it really depended on what stage of our life we were at. As adults I think I'm mom's favorite.

Yes and still am - clearly my parents have good taste :rotfl: I am the youngest of 4 - the first 3 were closer together in age - then I came along 9 years after the youngest of them.

I am one of three and I think my mom’s favorite was my brother but she mostly treated us equally. I was my grandmother’s favorite and she was blatant about it. She lived with us and she was always buying me little gifts like clothes, shoes, my favorite foods, etc. In retrospect it was actually messed up that my parents let her favor me so much and so openly. When I was 5 she took me on my first trip to WDW and it was just the 2 of us... my older brother was 7 and he didn’t get to go until we all went as a family years later.

Now that I am a mom of 3, I can’t imagine having a favorite. I honestly love and like them equally and I think my DH is the same (actually, his favorite child is the dog 😂) I also would never let someone take only one of my kids to WDW! We do trips together as a family or not at all.

My middle sister has always been my mom's favorite, moreso now since she has the only grandchild. I don't know about my dad.

No. I am the middle child with a brother 2 years older and a sister that is 9 years younger. It was painfully obvious to everyone, friends, neighbors, family who the favorite was and who was treated like crap.

Yes.

I was by far the easiest and caused no real trouble. (Sassy mouth as a 14 year old, yep! But I got put in check really darn fast!)

Yes.

I was by far the easiest and caused no real trouble. (Sassy mouth as a 14 year old, yep! But I got put in check really darn fast!)

I wonder us that were the favorite, was the youngest also, and that would be on both accounts

I wonder us that were the favorite, was the youngest also, and that would be on both accounts

Yes, I was the youngest.

However my sister caused so much trouble, it would be really hard to be the favorite. Even she will admit that!! (Thankfully, she turned out a-ok. :thumbsup2 But it was iffy for quite a few years.)

Not sure but I was the easiest child. I got in less trouble and was the quieter child.

Our dynamic was different in that I was the youngest with a larger age difference (7 and 11) .

Yes, I was the youngest.

However my sister caused so much trouble, it would be really hard to be the favorite. Even she will admit that!! (Thankfully, she turned out a-ok. :thumbsup2 But it was iffy for quite a few years.)

Hey fly girl, are you my sister?

I was the favorite for 6 years until my sister was born. I rebeled, so then I was The Bad One. But I turned out a-ok too!

Nope, I got sent to my room a lot and I still do not know why.
I had skinny sisters, and I was really not over weight, but I think my mom sent me there, so I would stop eating.

My mom “jokes” that my oldest sister is her favorite because she’s the only one who has had kids. Grandkids = automatic favorite status.

I was my dad's favorite.
My sister was my mom's favorite.
Both my parents paid extra attention to me but it was because I had many health issues growing up

I think I was the favorite for some things and my sister was the favorite for others.

My Mom gave me the same Christmas ornament... twice.

It says, "Oldest child, Mom's Favorite". I guess that's my proof.

I was glad to get the second one because the first one broke in the storage box.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
My mother preferred the dog to me. My sister was and is her favourite, blowing all theories about the middle child, which she is. My mother even treats my child differently to my sister's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter