Were you Friends with your siblings during childhood?

Not with my brother. He is 9 years older than me and tormented me every chance he got. I have never been really close to him. He lives just 10 minutes away and it’s been 4 years since I’ve seen him. I was close with my younger sister though. She is 4 years younger and we are still close.

Nope - my oldest brother and my sister were grown and gone before I was born. They were secondary parental units; not peers. Our middle brother was also an adult by the time I came along but was profoundly mentally-disabled. I was in a caretaker role for as long as I can remember.

No. My siblings are 7 and 11 years older. I barely remember my eldest sister being in the house with us, she moved out fairly young. I get along with my brother ( middle) but we were in different stages of our childhood/ teen years.

No and I never will be - not for lack of trying but you can only forgive someone so many times and then your done

Yes--4 kids under the age of 8. Two boys and two girls. Girls slept in one room, boys in the other. On the weekends, we would have "sleepovers" in each others' rooms.

We are still friends, but live all over the country. We text often, send pics etc.

Yes and no. I only have the one sister, who is nearly three years younger than me. As kids, we fought constantly. It seemed like we were always bickering back and forth. Yet, we preferred each other's company, go figure. We each had our own friend group, but in the end it was the two of us. Maybe it was all the summers down the shore when we only had each other for companionship. As adults, we are best friends and never bicker, except as a joke.

As much as could be for them being 6, 11, and 13 years older. I don't remember much of oldest brother at home. Second brother kept moving back home in young adult life so he was around more and fun for playing computer games with and riding 3-wheeler. Sister and I played some but at 6 years difference not the same interests. Now, she would be the first person I would choose to do something with (after my husband/daughters).

We lived out in the country so siblings were usually the only available option so that helped a little.

Not really - my sister is 6 years younger than me, so we were at such different places in our lives when we were school aged. We are great friends now.

I'm 3 years older. My brother was my mortal enemy, LOL.

Until late high school, I was a Senior when he hit Freshman and our friends began to cross paths and merge together.

We never went to the same school together as every school we went to was only 2 grades.

No. My brother is 9 years older than me and do to family circumstances and age, we did not spend time together growing up. He lives 4 hours away and his wife doesn't really like our family so the strain is there.

My sister and I were not close when we were young because I was 8 years older than her and our interests and points in life were not even close. We never had any falling out between us, just no real need for the connection. Now that we are both getting Social Security, we now have a lot more in common and have become close emotionally, but we do live 1000 miles apart.

Now my children, two girls, were always very close growing up. They were only two years apart and always seemed to have a lot of fun together. In fact, when together they still do seem that way. But a few years back, just before their mother died, they had a falling out and it has lasted a long time. The older one said somethings to the younger one and it hurt her so deeply that she just can't bring herself to want to even see her sister. They still have family get-togethers but I think those are mostly for my benefit and because most of the party reasons have grown up. They still plan a family gathering either for my birthday, Fathers Day or Thanksgiving.

Nothing I can do about it, they are middle aged women now and I am their father not their daddy anymore. I feel bad because I strongly feel that after I am gone they will split completely apart. I feel bad for them, because I have always been aware of just how important family can be. It seems that we are get close to only being ourselves and not have any close back up at all. It is sad, but they were both raised to be strong, independent and stubborn. Traits that are going to hinder any happiness in their advancing years. Right now they are completely wrapped up in their lives, their husbands and their children, most of which are either in college or basically making their own lives as adults and I only see loneliness in their future unless something changes.

Yes. We were close enough in age that we had enough shared interests, but far enough apart in age that we weren’t competitive. We are still close.

No. I was sad about it then, and I still am. Always wanted my big sister to be there for me. But I think I was an embarrassment to her in school. Still grieving what I wish I'd had.

Reasonably so. We were boomer kids in a very Catholic neighborhood so there were zillions of kids our own ages. A lot of times all the kids of all ages would form teams and play some game or something. Epic dodgeball comes to mind. Of course, my sibs and I sometimes fought like cats and dogs. But that was normal, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter