We're looking at buying a laptop and need your smarts.

jacs1234

Dreaming of Disney
When you buy a laptop in the US with a dvd drive, will it be compatible with Australian region 4 dvd's?

Anyone know?

Hi there,
you can change the region on a laptop DVD drive 4 or 5 times, after which it is locked to one region (not sure about windows 7)

Go to My Computer
Right click on the DVD drive & click 'Properties'.
Click the 'Hardware' Tab.
Double click on the DVD drive
Click on the 'DVD Region' tab
Change the region as required.

Remember that offcialy you can only do this a set number of times, after which you can't make anymore changes. Though if you were to hunt around you could probably find some means of unlocking the drive to enable unlimited changes or seting it to all regions....

Yes but you have to make a choice about which region you want it to play. It gives you five changes usually then you are stuck with whatever choice you have made. So if you chose region 4 you will not be able to play US dvd's for example. However my husband downloads programs such as dvd43 which will allow you to play dvd's from all regions.

It does..., but for most laptops the power pack is capable of dealing with a range of voltages...my toshiba laptop can deal with 100-240V. What you may need to deal with when you get back to Aus is the plug situation....but that is an easy fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter