We're late for a very important date May 2013 TR Updated 5/17 New TR started!

just saw this - hope Gavin is feeling better and you all are hanging in there .... thoughts and prayers

Oh, no- just read this. Sending prayers and healing thoughts for Gavin. Let us know how he is doing when you get a chance.

:grouphug:

thank you!

Oh no, I just saw this now. Praying for Gavin and hoping he's doing okay! :grouphug:

thank you!

Oh no! I hope Gavin's doing better! Poor little guy.

thank you!

just saw this - hope Gavin is feeling better and you all are hanging in there .... thoughts and prayers

thank you!

Thanks for the update. I have been worried about you guys! I know it is really scary for you that Gavin has been so sick and you don't know what is going on.

Continued prayers sent.

Wow, what an ordeal! Poor little guy. I hope he is feeling all better soon. What a rough week. And 4 pounds lost, yikes! Glad he's not dehydrated. The only thing that I can relate to is eating grapes and then vomiting. The only time Izzy has thrown up was after grapes - probably just a coincidence. :confused3 Praying he will be in great shape for your trip with no more illness! :goodvibes

Thanks for the update. I have been worried about you guys! I know it is really scary for you that Gavin has been so sick and you don't know what is going on.

Continued prayers sent.

Thanks for all the prayers! I'm so glad he is finally feeling better!

Wow, what an ordeal! Poor little guy. I hope he is feeling all better soon. What a rough week. And 4 pounds lost, yikes! Glad he's not dehydrated. The only thing that I can relate to is eating grapes and then vomiting. The only time Izzy has thrown up was after grapes - probably just a coincidence. :confused3 Praying he will be in great shape for your trip with no more illness! :goodvibes

He is finally feeling better (well has been this week) That's weird that she has only vomited after eating grapes. Gavin LOVES grapes, I think they are 2nd after cheese so he has them a lot. I never would have given them to him if I knew he had stomach bug though, poor little guy. It's just really weird that he presented with cold symptoms for the first 3-4 days (besides the poor appetite) I really hope that was our pre-trip snafu this time! yikes!

Yay, I'm so glad he's feeling better! :cool1: Hope that is the only snafu and your trip goes great! :goodvibes

I totally understand about not having the patience to type on iDevices, I am the same way. Rarely post from my iPhone or iPad, have to be on the laptop.

Anyway, I think your trip plans sound great. Having the space and amenities of that condo will be so nice. Especially naps and after Gavin goes to bed.

I like the idea of leaving the parks midday and not returning. With Gavin's nap time, that makes a lot of sense. And, after he gets up, it's about time for dinner anyway. I think you'll get a lot more relaxing done on this trip.

That is sure a lot of driving with a toddler, though. I hope it goes well. Good luck!

I can't wait to hear all about this trip - hope you'll be doing another TR. :goodvibes

so, so glad that Gavin is feeling better! So scary though I guess the fact he was never actually dehydrated was some comfort! Always tough though when it is clear something is wrong but no one knows exactly what

You plans for you upcoming trip sound great. We are kinda doing the reverse as you in that we stayed offsite our past few trips but staying onsite this next trip. Having the kitchen and washer/drying is definitely nice. We had a 3 bedroom last trip and having the space was great!

Totally with you about trying to not plan to much and the next thing you know you have 7 ADRs! :rotfl:

I am sure it will go great!

Oh my. What a scare with Gavin. I am so glad he is feeling better. I remember when my kids were young and would get sick like that. It was the worst. Pedialyte is really a god-send. If you can find pedialyte pops you should just buy them and keep them in your freezer. Even the sickest kid will suck on them and I swear it keeps them away from the ED.

Congrats on your upcoming trip. There is really something to be said for staying in a house on vacation. There are so many wonderful rental properties around Disney. I hope you have a great time.

I'm actually going in two weeks, too! Can't wait!

I look forward to your next trip report!

I just happened to notice for the first time that this "crutches" smilie existed :crutches: Maybe you've used it and I didn't notice, I don't know. At any rate, hope there's no need for it again, but it made me think of you! :rotfl:

Oh my, I missed the updates before the trip and didn't realize Gavin had been so sick!! I'm glad he was all better before the trip. Hope y'all are still enjoying yourselves. It was so great hanging out with y'all!

Oh my, I missed the updates before the trip and didn't realize Gavin had been so sick!! I'm glad he was all better before the trip. Hope y'all are still enjoying yourselves. It was so great hanging out with y'all!

Thanks! Luckily Gavin was definitely back to 100% before we left. It was so great meeting your family, we had a really good time!

I just happened to notice for the first time that this "crutches" smilie existed :crutches: Maybe you've used it and I didn't notice, I don't know. At any rate, hope there's no need for it again, but it made me think of you! :rotfl:

Oh I couldn't see it on my phone but that is SO funny! I haven't seen it before. I wish I would've used it in this trip report :rotfl2:

Oh my. What a scare with Gavin. I am so glad he is feeling better. I remember when my kids were young and would get sick like that. It was the worst. Pedialyte is really a god-send. If you can find pedialyte pops you should just buy them and keep them in your freezer. Even the sickest kid will suck on them and I swear it keeps them away from the ED.

Congrats on your upcoming trip. There is really something to be said for staying in a house on vacation. There are so many wonderful rental properties around Disney. I hope you have a great time.

I'm actually going in two weeks, too! Can't wait!

I look forward to your next trip report!

It's so hard seeing little ones so sick! Gavin has rejected all flavors of Pedialyte and Gatorade but we never did find the pops anywhere. I'll have to keep looking for them and get them when I see them, thanks for the tip!

Thanks! Off site was SO amazing it's going to be hard to stay on site ever again. It was such a great trip, I cannot wait to share it! Hope you are having a good time right now!

so, so glad that Gavin is feeling better! So scary though I guess the fact he was never actually dehydrated was some comfort! Always tough though when it is clear something is wrong but no one knows exactly what

You plans for you upcoming trip sound great. We are kinda doing the reverse as you in that we stayed offsite our past few trips but staying onsite this next trip. Having the kitchen and washer/drying is definitely nice. We had a 3 bedroom last trip and having the space was great!

Totally with you about trying to not plan to much and the next thing you know you have 7 ADRs! :rotfl:

I am sure it will go great!

I credit breast milk with keeping him going. It was comforting to know he wasn't dehydrated but oh my goodness it was so hard seeing him that sick! I'm glad kids are so resilient, he bounced back rather quickly!

I'm glad we stayed on-site our first 5 trips because now after an awesome off site stay, it's going to be hard to go back to staying on site! We used the washer and dryer every day and came home with very little laundry. The extra space was amazing.

I don't know how I thought we could only do one ADR all week, haha. It was a great trip, thanks!

I totally understand about not having the patience to type on iDevices, I am the same way. Rarely post from my iPhone or iPad, have to be on the laptop.

Anyway, I think your trip plans sound great. Having the space and amenities of that condo will be so nice. Especially naps and after Gavin goes to bed.

I like the idea of leaving the parks midday and not returning. With Gavin's nap time, that makes a lot of sense. And, after he gets up, it's about time for dinner anyway. I think you'll get a lot more relaxing done on this trip.

That is sure a lot of driving with a toddler, though. I hope it goes well. Good luck!

I can't wait to hear all about this trip - hope you'll be doing another TR. :goodvibes

I will be doing another TR :) Hopefully I can work out some more laptop time though so it doesn't take me so long. I'd like to have this TR finished before we go back in December. Everything worked out really well and it was nice to have down time away from the parks. Thanks!

Yay, I'm so glad he's feeling better! :cool1: Hope that is the only snafu and your trip goes great! :goodvibes

Thank you!

Thank you so much to everyone that read and followed along with our first Disney adventure as parents.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter