We're Home From the Road!! 17 Days of Travel with Tons of Pics~COMPLETE!!

Yea that's what I thought. I think when we went it was just a flat price for the car. I remember driving through but don't really remember all the extra stuff. And yea I am pretty nervous about NY. I know money is tight and that is why we basically have given up any small trips like the diva trip or any other disney trips so we could take a few big trips the next few years but I can tell by the way she is acting that it may not happen. I am just SO bummed cuz not only is this the ONLY trip we have planned (cuz even Disney next Thanksgiving is just an idea and not concrete) we have been talking about doing this for Katy's 16th birthday for YEARS. It was always going to be taking her on her actual birthday on NYE to Times Square. Then we decided that that would be too crazy and we would do a fall trip to see the colors but then when we figured out that they can't miss school we moved it to the summer. Now if it doesn't happen I know she will be so bummed and so will I. I fear we may end up scrapping all of our big plans and go back to just a long weekend at Disney here and there. It sucks too cuz with my mom's leg so bad and them in their 70's now we were trying to kind of do a bucket list and get some of these things done before they are too old to travel and I know when that time comes I will be lucky to go to DL myself because with my income I can't even go to SF by myself :( But I just keep telling myself that nothing is guaranteed and if it ends tomorrow I should just be thankful for what we HAVE done and that is that. I know you get me though when it comes to trips because that is ALL I really have to look forward to and it makes me so happy to plan and then to go. I really keep trying to be positive and grateful for what has already been but I will admit it makes me sad too. Guess time will tell.

Yea that's what I thought. I think when we went it was just a flat price for the car. I remember driving through but don't really remember all the extra stuff. And yea I am pretty nervous about NY. I know money is tight and that is why we basically have given up any small trips like the diva trip or any other disney trips so we could take a few big trips the next few years but I can tell by the way she is acting that it may not happen. I am just SO bummed cuz not only is this the ONLY trip we have planned (cuz even Disney next Thanksgiving is just an idea and not concrete) we have been talking about doing this for Katy's 16th birthday for YEARS. It was always going to be taking her on her actual birthday on NYE to Times Square. Then we decided that that would be too crazy and we would do a fall trip to see the colors but then when we figured out that they can't miss school we moved it to the summer. Now if it doesn't happen I know she will be so bummed and so will I. I fear we may end up scrapping all of our big plans and go back to just a long weekend at Disney here and there. It sucks too cuz with my mom's leg so bad and them in their 70's now we were trying to kind of do a bucket list and get some of these things done before they are too old to travel and I know when that time comes I will be lucky to go to DL myself because with my income I can't even go to SF by myself :( But I just keep telling myself that nothing is guaranteed and if it ends tomorrow I should just be thankful for what we HAVE done and that is that. I know you get me though when it comes to trips because that is ALL I really have to look forward to and it makes me so happy to plan and then to go. I really keep trying to be positive and grateful for what has already been but I will admit it makes me sad too. Guess time will tell.

I get it.......it is something I don't take for granted. The only reason we've been able to do these big trips have been either Mike's mom helping or because we got an adoption credit (the one time big amount) or a good tax refund. Who knows how long those will keep coming. Once they drop down, the trips will be over. So I'm going to do them while I can. I know Mike didn't want to use our refund for a trip this next year but with Derek going back to WDW......this would be our only chance to take the kids at a somewhat affordable price. Of course this all hinges on airfare prices. :scared:

Merry Christmas!! I loved your TR. I was actually at WDW last week. Also I just noticed a tag on Michayla's stroller, what is it?

Merry Christmas!! I loved your TR. I was actually at WDW last week. Also I just noticed a tag on Michayla's stroller, what is it?

Thanks Kaitlin!! Did you have a good Christmas?

The tag was probably the "Stroller as Wheelchair" tag. In fact we still have it on there.....just never got around to removing it......lol

Day 17, Part 6:​

The very last post for our amazing Road Trip!! Finishing up at Wildlife Safari.

We left Winston about 5pm and made it back to town around 7:15. We made a quick stop at the store and then I believe we picked up McDonalds for our dinner. We got to the house and found that the owner had locked the door between the garage and the house. (we never lock that one because we don't have a key for it). The owner had been over to restain the decks while we were gone. Luckily, we had left one bedroom window slightly open. Derek was able to climb off the deck to a little ledge and in through the window to let the rest of us in. Phew!

We had such a good time on this trip and the kids did really good. Very little fighting and the twins traveled well in the car and adapted to all the motels. I think they made the first 14 days with little issues but day 15 was about the point we could tell they were tired of being away from home.

I really enjoyed getting to see old childhood favorites and getting to try new things. I think SeaWorld was one of my favorite stops and Universal was my least favorite. I would like to spend more time in San Diego if we do a southern California trip again.

Thank you to those that followed along. I will be starting a new PTR for my Dis Diva trip coming up at the end of February and I might be doing a PTR for a WDW trip for August. I really feel I should finish up the one I started for my Oct 2013 quickie trip first.

As always sad to see your report end because I love to follow along but glad you will be starting one or two more soon. Right now I REALLY have to live vicariously through yours and others reports. It's amazing how just little things like that can brighten up my day.

That wildlife place looks a lot better than when we went. Def cool and fun although expensive. I would like to take the girls to the one in San Diego again but it seems the few times we go we always go to the zoo and run out of time for anything else. "IF" we go next Thanksgiving we will just have enough time and the city pass covers the zoo and seaworld and that is all we will do. However if we ever do manage to go back down I want to make that a priority.

Hope you are enjoying the holidays and as always will be anxiouly anticipating your next report. :)

As always sad to see your report end because I love to follow along but glad you will be starting one or two more soon. Right now I REALLY have to live vicariously through yours and others reports. It's amazing how just little things like that can brighten up my day.

That wildlife place looks a lot better than when we went. Def cool and fun although expensive. I would like to take the girls to the one in San Diego again but it seems the few times we go we always go to the zoo and run out of time for anything else. "IF" we go next Thanksgiving we will just have enough time and the city pass covers the zoo and seaworld and that is all we will do. However if we ever do manage to go back down I want to make that a priority.

Hope you are enjoying the holidays and as always will be anxiouly anticipating your next report. :)

I enjoyed having the CityPass....I just wish you could pick which "options" you could do.......Like NOT choosing Universal and adding the zoo instead. We added the zoo for $10 more as it wasn't one of the 3 on the card.

I agree. I would much rather have just the zoo esp since we just went to Universal this past november and it is def a place I only need to go to once every 5 years although now with the harry potter I may be more interested in going but we are in the same boat as you. We have to add the zoo and we get univ whether we want it or not. So since it is included we will prob go but otherwise we would skip it.

I agree. I would much rather have just the zoo esp since we just went to Universal this past november and it is def a place I only need to go to once every 5 years although now with the harry potter I may be more interested in going but we are in the same boat as you. We have to add the zoo and we get univ whether we want it or not. So since it is included we will prob go but otherwise we would skip it.

That was a good TR! Once Harry Potter comes, I might be more interested in Universal

Harry Potter wouldn't be a draw for me, but I know it will be for many.

I know you aren't into Harry Potter and not sure how this one will compare to Florida but I can tell you even if you NEVER saw the movies the theming is the most incredible I have ever seen. And the forbidden Journey, while it made me really motion sick, was the most incredible ride I have ever been on. If you ever have the chance you should try it at least once and see what you think. I loved it and although I do like HP I would have loved it either way. It's pretty incredible. IOA is incredible though all the way round. The theming is amazing. And while not disney to me that is one place
AS good

I know you aren't into Harry Potter and not sure how this one will compare to Florida but I can tell you even if you NEVER saw the movies the theming is the most incredible I have ever seen. And the forbidden Journey, while it made me really motion sick, was the most incredible ride I have ever been on. If you ever have the chance you should try it at least once and see what you think. I loved it and although I do like HP I would have loved it either way. It's pretty incredible. IOA is incredible though all the way round. The theming is amazing. And while not disney to me that is one place
AS good

I find it highly doubtful that I will go back. Just wasn't impressed at all with the place or the employees. We did have a very good dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. That would be the only thing I might go back to........CityWalk but that would be it! :goodvibes

I've enjoyed following along on your trip. Sorry to see it end but looking forward to the next one.

Happy New Year! May 2015 be happy and healthy for you and your family.

Another great trip report, I've certainly enjoyed visiting. Will head over to your Diva PTR now!

Thanks for sharing! :wizard:

Who's ready to hit the road?? :drive: My family is planning a July road trip from the Willamette Valley in Oregon, down the south Oregon coast to the California coast, across to Disneyland & Hollywood and then down to San Diego before heading back up the I-5 corridor to Sacramento & back into Oregon for a wedding and then home.

I am so excited for this trip as it will include a lot of new things, things from my childhood and also family favorites!!!

So who is going on this fun road trip?? Let me introduce my family!!

I am Laurie (51), lover of all things Disney. I'm a mom of 7 (3 biological & 4 adopted) and wife of nearly 30 years!! This is my husband Mike (52), lover of Disney, awesome hands-on dad and my best friend.

This is Tyler (27), also a huge Disney fan. Ty stays at home to help me with the 4 younger kids. Ty got to experience Club 33 with me in December.

The 4 kiddos: Michayla (6), autistic, mentally delayed, g-tube fed, non verbal and my sweet baby!!! Shyann (6), high functioning autistic, mentally delayed, making huge strides at school and our little character. Adaleah (8), a young girl going on teenager.....lots of Diva like "tudes" but still has the innocence when it comes to Disney and Princesses. Anthony (12), our very active ADHD kid. Loves playing video games & Legos. Struggles with school but getting the extra help he needs.
More info to come!!
Thank you so much for sharing all of your Disneyland trips. I have enjoyed following them, reading them all in getting excited about my upcoming trip. It's been wonderful to see your family grow and change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter